“Wedding reception and stay over”

Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding reception not too long ago. The lady Emeral was a tremendous help and so easy to work with. The superior rooms were comfortable and a good size. Although we had some problems with the room booking in conjunction with the bridal suite, their floor manager sort it out for us with no hesitation. They showed the ability to listen, understand and act upon which I applaud. Special mention to their staff Jessie who helped us through it. All was much enjoyable but can't say much for the bridal suite - nothing to shout about. The same as a superior room with a small living room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon_Yee
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Jon_Yee

Thank you for taking the time to review us .

My congratulations & best wishes for many years of happy marital bliss to both you and your wife.

I am happy to hear you were delighted by the services offered by Emral & Jessie . These are the people who make a good hotel great & I am thankful to be working with a wonderful team who provide "service from the heart "at every touch -point .

I hope to be able to welcome you back again to the hotel on your first wedding anniversary .

Best Wishes for a 2014 filled with joy , happiness, health & success.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

A bit tricky to find the entrance by driving (I went past a couple of times) but finally arrived and check in was a delight as the reception was full of fun and answered all my annoying little questions (where is this ? do you have this ? etc..) with a big smile and a sense of humour. Room was excellent for a business traveller and they put me on a high floor away from the traffic noise (a tip to remember when checking in as the hotel is located next to two major highways).
As I was staying only for one night and had to check out before breakfast was served in the morning I have no comments on the F&B outlets but all looked as if they had good food as they were very busy (although with mostly foreigners). The only downside was finding local food as there are no nearby hawker centres so the four nearest ones are a taxi ride away (around 10 to 20 minutes depending on traffic). Please make sure to tell the concierge what type of hawker centre you want to go to as they have both Malay (Halal) and Chinese (non-Halal) around the same distance by taxi. I have stayed in the Eastin Hotel Penang on several occasions and the level of service is the same but the Penang location is a lot better whilst the PJ staff are more fun and friendly (so it sort of balances out depending what you want. Location next to KLGCC gold club was a key point in choosing the hotel as I had an early morning tournament which took 5 minutes driving.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor as there are two major highways next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear BedrockB

Thank you for your kind review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

I am delighted to hear of the excellent service received from our friendly & hospitable staff.

There are some eateries (as an alternative option to hawker stalls ) just outside the hotel (located in Phileo 1 & 2) which serve Malay, Indian & Chinese food . The food is akin to what you would get at the hawker stales and the prices are very , very reasonable .

If you are looking for hotel fare, then the hotel has 5 food & beverage outlets for you to take advantage of on your next visit .

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well in 2014 & look forward to welcoming you back soon .

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Overall the stay is quite good despite the lack of shopping around the area.

The worse part of my stay was heading back to the airport. I asked for a taxi service to KLIA, and the concierge refered me to a blue colour Metro taxi which was waiting for a victim like myself. (You can see them waiting at the lobby)

Upon reaching the airport, the driver requested for additional 30 dollars on top of 125 dollars that is showing on the meter. Stating that there is a airport charge and toll fee. He could not provide me a receipt for the additional 30 dollars.

I have the Taxi service card from the hotel showing the taxi no. HWD 8341 Destination KLIA. Seem to be useless as the concierge and driver seem to know each other.

Visitor please take this as a lesson.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DennGoh

Dear DennGoh

Thank you for reviewing the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya on TripAdvisor .

We have taken note of your comments with regards the Taxi service & referred the matter to the Limousine Service Operator for further investigation . While this is an outsourced facility , the hotel will not condone any action which undermine or tarnish the image of the hotel .

I would like to thank you for highlighting this issue to us & hope that you will return to stay with us in 2014 .

Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Property is superb :- well maintained, clean, large, easy to locate. We were impressed with hospitality of the service boys :- kind, humble.

We had booked our room through a hotel booking site. When we checked-in in our room, they clean up the mini BAR !!!!!!. Really!!!! this is how you treat your guest. Never expected this. If I can take a room in your hotel, of course I can pay for stuff too.
In breakfast, we ordered some Indian food at their restaurant. Surprisingly, it took them more than 30 mins to prepare it. Food, though, was good. Not best of the hotels in KL but I think, the best to stay in Petaling Jaya.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SGaind
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear SGaind

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel .

I am happy to note that you think we have a superb property & your positive comments on the upkeep of our property as well as the hospitality of the bell boys will definitely be conveyed to the team members concerned .

I do apologize for the delay in the delivery of the Indian food & the Executive Chef has been asked to look into the delivery process.

We wish to kindly inform that a nominal deposit is required for miscellaneous expenses such as min-bar & in the absence of this , the mini-bar is cleared. We do apologise if this was not conveyed to you beforehand & the inconvenience caused . I sincerely hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us again .

Once again , please do accept my sincere apologies if we have offended you .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon .

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had stay in Eastin in August and October 2013. The services are from bad to worse.
The front desk staffs are not friendly hardly see the staffs wearing a smile. Indeed we have requested for non smoking twin share bed standard room and ended up a DBL with smoking standard room was given. I was told if I want a non smoking twin room I need to pay for a fee for upgrading.
Location are real bad, Traffic is terrible, it took me more than 2hrs to reach uptown (which is less than 3km) from hotel.
F&B- A Indian lady using a ladle to taste the soup, after tasted she used the ladle to scoop the soup for customer. OMG
Hope the hospitality can improve.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lixu163

Thank you for taking the time to review our services .

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience & wish to apologize for our shortcomings .

Your comments on the lack of friendliness at the front desk have been channelled to the Director of Rooms for immediate improvement of our team members .

Our Executive Chef has also been notified of the unfortunate incident that you witnessed. The Eastin Petaling Jaya observes strict hygiene standards & I wish to advise you the person concerned will definitely be counselled .

Lixu163, I hope you will give us another chance to restore your confidence in us & I look forward to welcoming you back soon .

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nite,having been staying at 3 different hotels since the past one month,this is by far the best.Since many of my fav hotel in kl is full,and they only left with expensive room,i decided to try this hotel

-Room price is affordable (a plus point)
-Room is very clean and spacious with considerably high ceiling at the bed area,all the furniture look new
-Wifi is very fast...
-2 flatscreen tv in my room,cant be happy enough,and 5 plug points(socket) strategically located( near bed,near sofa,near the desk) so if you charge ur mobile its reachable
-bathroom is big with bathtub and standing shower
-The bed sheet smell so nice,its the same smell in the hotel lift....
-Staff were always nice on the fone(reception,operator ,housekeeping)

cons
1)Whenever u request something with regards of the room amenities,the operator will transfer you to the housekeeping department.Which sounds odds to me.because you have to talk 2 times to make a request.Its like you called ,and say : Hi good afternoon can i get a bottle of water please...and the operator on the line : Yes mam I will transfer you to the housekeeping....And again i have to start with :Hi good afternoon bla bla.... HHHmmmmm I'd be happy if the operator assist me from doing a double job

With the best accommodation and service,I'll say this hotel is a 5 stars,excellent like international brand like Starwood.I will definitely come back whenever possible as I really enjoyed my stay.Would recommend to friend as well

Room Tip: -Basically everything is perfect....even if u forget to bring your grooming stuff,the bathroom ameni...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Diyang G

Thank you for your positive comments .

I am happy to announce that we are in the midst of implementing a one -call- centre soon which will act as a central conduit for all requests.Let me assure you , you will not have to talk to various departments for your requests .

We look forward to welcoming you soon to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed in Eastin Hotel for a week after joining my office in Kuala Lumpur. Let me talk about the good things first:

1. Decent value for money
2. Clean and hygienic rooms
3. Staff is overall cordial
4. Provided pick up and drop at my office in Damansara Uptown

Now, the bad part:

1. The location is terrible. It is on the highway and there are no places to roam around, or even a mall to visit. If one has a car or takes a cab, then it is a different issue but otherwise there are no options
2. Dinner menu is very limited and too pricey
3. Some staff members are not very conversant in English
4. Wifi speed is horrible

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear parthapb

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel .

We have taken note of the good comments given for which I thank you . Of equal importance are the comments where you were not so happy .

A regular pre-scheduled shuttle service from the hotel & back goes to nearby (2km ) shopping malls such as the Tropicana Mall & Bangsar Shopping Mall ( 3.7km).

I would also like to assure you that your comment on the WIFI is being looked into .

I sincerely hope you will choose to return and stay with us & look forward to welcoming you back .