“Pleasant..”

The Royale Chulan Damansara
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
“Pleasant..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We are now here at Royale Chulan Damansara. We bought the SuperCool Deal 3 days 2 nights in April & made another reservation in May as we decided to stay for another day at the last minute, but couldn't get the same deal. So we settled with the Club room promo package. We reached at the hotel at abt 3.15pm. The guest service officer who received us was Sharilque, he couldn't find our reservation in the system initially but managed to somehow. However, the rooms were not ready so we had to wait for quite a while, at 4.15pm to be exact, Sharilque came to apologise for the delay & handed us the cards to our rooms. Unfortunately, he can't upgrade us to clubrooms and so we hv to do another round of registration at the club level for the 3rd night. :( A pretty hassle for us with kids to shift to another room & go thru the same process all over again. Not so good.

We got the rooms as per requested at non-smoking level. Thank you. The rooms are well-kept, clean but my only complaint is that hand towels are not provided, unlike the Royale Chulan KL.

I give 4 stars as for now as I'm quite impressed with the attitude of the staff, from housekeeping staff who take the effort to greet us while we are walking along the corridor to our rooms to the guest service officers that are pretty warm, friendly and proactive. Maybe a few just need to be a little bit more confident and establish a lil bit more eye contacts when they attend clients. :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank enay e
TRCDManagement, Manager at The Royale Chulan Damansara, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank for staying at The Royale Chulan Damansara. It is a great pleasure to serve you. Do come back soon. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I love your location. It's so convenient and easy to walk around. Well shaded.

The room is nice and the bed is wonderful.

However, what really let me down was the service provided. During breakfast, no one clears the table and coffee is not offered. It is as if it's a self service breakfast counter. Don't mind if it is so but when I asked around, apparently it's not meant to be self service.

Repeated attempted to call reception to extend check out time by an hour were met with unanswered calls. I was asked to leave a message. However no one replied my call despite leaving a clear message

I feel that response and service could be much better with a 5 star rating you rave about.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for 2D1N for an event. Hotel looks posh and well maintained but their service could have been better. Went to the reception to check in and they could not find my room booking despite giving them the confirmation number (even had this printed out), all they asked was when did I make the booking and my response was I can't remember as this was done by my travel agency, after that they just talked among themselves and asked me to have a seat at the sofa first. After waiting for almost 15 min, they just called me over and proceed to do my check in without any explanation etc (wasn't expecting any explanation, more of a "I am sorry about earlier etc etc....), none. They just proceed to do the necessary paperwork with a straight face. Not a good start for a guess I suppose. The room was nice, a little too princess-like for my liking though. However the toilet in my room was noisy - I think it could be due to the water inlet/ pipes that are in the toilet. Not a pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. Thank you.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I was at the hotel just sitting down at the hobby and the general manager comes up and tell me and my friends I am not allow to sit there,and my answers was I am sorry I did not know and he turn his back and slam the door.then I was upset and with the general manager I send a email as a complain to the hotel and turns up I got blacklisted in the hotel for a complaint that I made.wheres out customers rights and what's the hotels protocol is it (customer is always right and speak to customers politely)would worse hotel as a traveller

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank adreane
TRBD, Public Relations Manager at The Royale Chulan Damansara, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Please note that we received complaints from the hotel guests that there were teenagers loitering at the hotel lobby. After checking, the Front Office confirmed that they are not hotel guests but teenagers who came in through the shopping mall.

Travellers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms will easily pass 5-star. Clean and luxurious. Lack of a tub is not a concern this time.

The breakfast spread is typical. Quality can be improved. The egg station is disappointing.

We don't need a chef to cook the eggs. But it should not be a job of an amateur. Non stick pans were used. So was lots of oil. So you know where the oil went.

It was more fried egg than it was sunny side up. Fried and burnt. Blisters and charring.

That took a star off the rating for us as it reflect the attitude of the kitchen. And probably the management direction of the hotel.

So the food is not what the hotel is known for. But when breakfast is thrown in. It becomes part of the stay experience.

Stayed June 2014
TRBD, Public Relations Manager at The Royale Chulan Damansara, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Royale Chulan Damansara hotel.
On behalf of the hotel, we would like to apologize for the incompetence service you had to experience at breakfast.
Please know that we take your feedback seriously and warning has been given out to the staff concerned.
Do give us another opportunity to serve you better.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel premise is well kept and maintained with a grandeur to it. Location is excellent, with virtually everything, from supermarket, restaurants, even IKEA is a stones throw away.

However, it is always the check in and out that let's you down. The reception seems uninterested. Makes you wait, and hardly any eye contacts.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
royalebintang, Manager at The Royale Chulan Damansara, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Your comments are well received and we have taken note the whole situation of your unfortunate encounters. Rest assured that corrective action is being taken to improve the service and to train our staff to be more pro-active. Thank you.
Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2D 1N in a Club room on promotion. It was well worth the money - clean and tidy, plate of fruit as a welcome. Club lounge was pleasant and the afternoon tea and breakfast were good - plenty of choice. The hotel is ideally situated for The Curve and Ikea - within walking distance - which meant we didn't have to drive once parked at the hotel and there are plenty of restaurants if you don't want to eat in the hotel. Staff - the few we met - were pleasant and helpful and we certainly stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at The Royale Chulan Damansara We are glad that you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.