This hotel is JUST average. The rooms are tired and ours wasn't clean, dust on top of wardrobe which was discovered when we removed our baggage and were overcome with it, don't think it has ever been cleaned. The dust build up around the edges of the worn, flat and badly stained carpet was also very evident. A sticking plaster was found attached to the bathroom vanity and all of this was our first impression of the room which was also quite small (10th floor). On the plus side the view was nice and the staff doing the room replaced all towels and amenities daily, great white thick fluffy towels! Breakfast was the usual selection of buffet food but sadly most of the guests abused this and the wastage was over the top, perhaps the hotel should look into this. Service was great and nothing too much problem for the unflappable staff. You can use the facilities of the Sunway Lagoon and Spa next door as the two properties are actually one but I would prefer to stay and the Lagoon which I've done so in the past. Didn't use the restaurants as there are plenty around the area and the huge mall which is attached has endless food outlets to choose from and plenty of shopping. Ive heard from a couple of sources that the internal facing rooms are to be avoided and found the noises carried. Beds are good and firm and the linen on them was fine. If not booked in by hosts mistake it would not be my choice of hotel for the future. It would pay to use the fixed price taxi service at the front of the mall, the saving on cost is almost double from hotel cabs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sunway Pyramid Hotel features 564 Deluxe guestrooms and suites, incorporating new category of family rooms and suites. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel have direct access to the leisure facilities available at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, which includes the free-form landscape swimming pool and the fitness centre. Strategically located in a bustling suburb of Kuala Lumpur, the Sunway Pyramid Hotel is 35 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 25 minutes from the city centre. The hotel forms part of the iconic integrated development Sunway City, a multi-award winning destination that offers a cluster of three (3) hotels with a total of 1,433 guestrooms, suites and pool villas, a theme park and shopping mall. Sunway Pyramid Hotel also features 21 purpose-built family rooms and suites, designed to accommodate an increase in family and leisure travelers to Sunway City. The Family Room is suitable for those travelling with young children for its vibrant interiors and a bunk bed. Whereas the new Family Suite, are amongst the Hotel’s largest rooms offering comfortable spaces, with added extras like two (2) bathrooms, a mini refrigerator, a microwave and bedding options for up to six (6) persons. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel will be spoilt for choice when it comes to the extensive food and beverage available in the hotel and choices which are just steps away. At Sunway Pyramid Hotel, located at the hotel’s lobby level is Taste Enclave offering an exciting culinary landscape of 11 specially-selected food eateries and three mini restaurants. For those on-the-go or looking for a quick bite, Kaffeinate is located at the hotel’s main lobby, serves freshly brewed gourmet coffees, specialty teas and a range of light snacks. Alternatively, venture into Sunway Pyramid shopping mall for over 170 food and beverage choices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sunway Pyramid Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pyramid Tower Hotel At Sunway Lagoon Petaling Jaya
- Pyramid Hotel At Sunway Lagoon