As the title states, the hotel is in need of a renovation. The paint is faded, carpets are worn, bathroom drains need unclogging and the furniture is chipped and showing it's age. Also note that there are no amenities other than a bar and the breatfast restaurant. No gym, no swimming pool. Have to say though that the location is pretty good as it is adjoining a mall. Staff are also very nice and helpful. Not enough though to justify the prices they were charging at about 150 USD a night.
Only reason we chose this hotel was it's proximity to Sunway Lagoon which did not meet up to expectations either (will cover on a nother review). Better off staying at another hotel. If you want one next to a mall consider Traders hotell next to KLCC or The hotel at Midvalley Mall. Then just take a cab or drive to get to the waterpark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sunway Pyramid Hotel features 564 Deluxe guestrooms and suites, incorporating new category of family rooms and suites. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel have direct access to the leisure facilities available at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, which includes the free-form landscape swimming pool and the fitness centre. Strategically located in a bustling suburb of Kuala Lumpur, the Sunway Pyramid Hotel is 35 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 25 minutes from the city centre. The hotel forms part of the iconic integrated development Sunway City, a multi-award winning destination that offers a cluster of three (3) hotels with a total of 1,433 guestrooms, suites and pool villas, a theme park and shopping mall. Sunway Pyramid Hotel also features 21 purpose-built family rooms and suites, designed to accommodate an increase in family and leisure travelers to Sunway City. The Family Room is suitable for those travelling with young children for its vibrant interiors and a bunk bed. Whereas the new Family Suite, are amongst the Hotel’s largest rooms offering comfortable spaces, with added extras like two (2) bathrooms, a mini refrigerator, a microwave and bedding options for up to six (6) persons. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel will be spoilt for choice when it comes to the extensive food and beverage available in the hotel and choices which are just steps away. At Sunway Pyramid Hotel, located at the hotel’s lobby level is Taste Enclave offering an exciting culinary landscape of 11 specially-selected food eateries and three mini restaurants. For those on-the-go or looking for a quick bite, Kaffeinate is located at the hotel’s main lobby, serves freshly brewed gourmet coffees, specialty teas and a range of light snacks. Alternatively, venture into Sunway Pyramid shopping mall for over 170 food and beverage choices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunway Pyramid Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pyramid Tower Hotel At Sunway Lagoon Petaling Jaya
- Pyramid Hotel At Sunway Lagoon