This was our second visit to this hotel, we stayed there in 2011 and everything was fine so we thought we would return there once more as the service, treatment and hotel was great back then. Unfortunately, we cannot say the same this time round. Our first interaction with the hotel was the front desk where we would check in, this soured the rest of our stay. the customer service assistant was unfriendly and quite rude and abrupt. Our room was not ready although we arrived half an hour after check in time, we were told to wait an additional hour. Once we returned more than an hour later, we were told to line up and wait in line again, then ignored until we had to be firm for the SA to actually assist us.
We finally made our way to the room, the room itself was clean and had a nice view but we couldn't get a decent sleep because there was a problem with the air conditioner, it was making a very loud noise which gave us all a headache. We didn't bother telling anyone about it because we didn't want to go through the rude service once again.
Another complaint was that when we checked in, the rude SA told us that we would get our deposit money at the time of check out, this was not the case. When we were checking out, we were told that the hotel would refund our deposit early September (a month later!) so that was very disappointing too. We asked to speak to the Manager at this point as we had just had enough, the Manager was very understanding and apologised for the SA's behaviour and for the bad time we'd had.
It is a shame that so much has changed since our last visit to this hotel, even the service from the Bar in the Lobby section in front of the Atrium was atrocious, we ordered some drinks and it took them about 45 minutes to serve us our drinks, which came one by one because they were too busy chatting and laughing they forgot about our order.
We will never stay in the Pyramid hotel ever again, we regret every minute we stayed there and we will not be recommending this hotel to anyone. The money we spent on this room we could have paid less and received proper service elsewhere.
Word of advice, if you are going to be staying there, avoid Jessa ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sunway Pyramid Hotel features 564 Deluxe guestrooms and suites, incorporating new category of family rooms and suites. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel have direct access to the leisure facilities available at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, which includes the free-form landscape swimming pool and the fitness centre. Strategically located in a bustling suburb of Kuala Lumpur, the Sunway Pyramid Hotel is 35 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 25 minutes from the city centre. The hotel forms part of the iconic integrated development Sunway City, a multi-award winning destination that offers a cluster of three (3) hotels with a total of 1,433 guestrooms, suites and pool villas, a theme park and shopping mall. Sunway Pyramid Hotel also features 21 purpose-built family rooms and suites, designed to accommodate an increase in family and leisure travelers to Sunway City. The Family Room is suitable for those travelling with young children for its vibrant interiors and a bunk bed. Whereas the new Family Suite, are amongst the Hotel’s largest rooms offering comfortable spaces, with added extras like two (2) bathrooms, a mini refrigerator, a microwave and bedding options for up to six (6) persons. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel will be spoilt for choice when it comes to the extensive food and beverage available in the hotel and choices which are just steps away. At Sunway Pyramid Hotel, located at the hotel’s lobby level is Taste Enclave offering an exciting culinary landscape of 11 specially-selected food eateries and three mini restaurants. For those on-the-go or looking for a quick bite, Kaffeinate is located at the hotel’s main lobby, serves freshly brewed gourmet coffees, specialty teas and a range of light snacks. Alternatively, venture into Sunway Pyramid shopping mall for over 170 food and beverage choices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sunway Pyramid Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pyramid Tower Hotel At Sunway Lagoon Petaling Jaya
- Pyramid Hotel At Sunway Lagoon