To write this review I will respond using the points made in another travelers recent reviews. This is a locally owned hotel and very close to LRT.
1. Hotel has non functioning wifi. -- Yes, it does. The lobby has the best reception. In my room it was hit or miss, but most of the time I had no trouble logging into email and FB.
2. Hotel has lousy selection of food. The food is forced upon all patrons. -- How is food forced on people? There is a restaurant, but you can take a 3-minute walk to the mall for local restaurants, starbucks and subway. Breakfast is free and it is adequate: toast, eggs, potatoes, fruit and 100% juice, etc.
3. Ants infestation and cockroaches crawling in the room.-- Yes, there are a few small, non-biting ants. If you are any kind of traveler at all you know ants are always present in tropical locations. Not a big deal. No cockroaches. If you leave food out in a tropical climate, cockroaches of course will arrive. I always place my food garbage in the fridge.
4. Overpriced rates. -- My company paid for the room.
5. No bellboy. -- Not true. I arrived at 5 am and a bell boy carried my very heavy suitcase and I did not have to tip.
6. Swimming pool doesn't seem to be in functioning condition. -- Not true. The swimming pool is the best part of the hotel and is large and beautiful.
7. No visible dustbin in the hotel. -- Not true. The dustbin is in your room and the size of a large ice bucket. The maid empties it every day.
9. Dirty rooms, hotel attendant didn't clear up the room properly when we came in. -- Not true. The room was plenty clean. The walls do have some dirt.
10. There are bedbugs! -- Not true. The building is antiquated, but the sofa, mattress and pillows were new. No bedbugs.
11. The staffs were extremely rude & impolite. -- Not true. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
12. The carpet is old. -- Yes, but the floor of the rooms is wood and not carpet.
13. No hot water. -- Not true. I had plenty of hot water.
*Rooms have a balcony and are spacious. This is not a romantic getaway place, just a place to spend the night or relax by the pool.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shah's Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.