“Dissillusioned” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Dissillusioned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Looking at the web site, I was really looking forward to coming and staying here..
But after coming here, I am totally disillusioned...
The rooms are old, needs a fantastic round of renovation.. Old style toilets.. A CRT TV, which I have not seen for ages now.. Stone-wall faced reception and other staff.. Will do well to teach them smiling...
Breakfast - nothing to talk about, hardly any choices..
Too expensive for the type of room, amenities etc..

Room Tip: I don't recommend
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vijay0601

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel in conviniently located by the trains which makes access into KL quite easy. The check in process was easy and smooth, and the staff is very knowledgable and able to speak English quite well. The hotel has a great a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning by the poolside restaurant. The room was quite spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There was a tv, a small couch, a table as well as a mini fridge.

There was a slight gap underneath the room day so unfortunately there was a cockroach in the shower was day, but a staff member responded to my call to come in quickly and kill it. The hotel pool is BEAUTIFUL and there are chairs out in the court yard which make a great place to lounge.

One thing that was quite awful about the hotel was the noise. Granted I stayed there on a weekend, but the music was more than I could handle. My room was on the first floor and the exterior wall faced the bar next door, they played UNBEARLY loud music until 1am in the morning. It was loud enough to shake my walls, and the bass was rattling and causing feedback even if the music wasn't playing. I called the front desk, but because it was from an establishment outside their property there was nothing they could do. Other than the music which made it difficult to sleep, this hotel was great.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is far enough away from the club / bar next door, and ask the staff to give y...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

i was booked into this hotel for 2 months as I am doing a project working in Malaysia. My first impression was that my room was grubby, the net curtains were dirty and stained with blood from squashed bugs.
I complained to staff in reception about this twice and got no response, my final straw was on the 3rd evening when I returned and found a cockroach on my wall! To add insult to injury I was wakened by load rock music from the bar next door that went on until 3 a.m.
was moved to another room for the night but the staff had left the windows open and it was full of mosquitoes!
I was moved from this hotel the following day.
The staff in the restaurant were pleasant enough but front desk were appalling and housekeeping no existent.
this place i a disgrace and I would never recommend anyone to stay here, shame because it is actually a lovely building and could be beautiful

Room Tip: do not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lyndabobo

Travellers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

Balik Pulau, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is old, tired and unwelcoming.
I stayed simply for the location and reckon I should just have booked a hotel a few minutes further away, at a cheaper rate, and enjoyed better service and hotel condition.
I find it inexcusable that I was not greeted - not just with a smile but no greeting at all! - at check-in. No one stepped forward to help me with bags or the door (the front is an automatic door but the back one to the poolside is not) either.
My room was large and relatively clean but the fixtures and fittings were old. The bathtub was chipped, the taps in the sink were a little loose and needed some effort to turn on or off. Lighting was working but dim, furniture was old and creaky and the mattress was especially soft and bouncy and did not give a good night's sleep. The kettle had an inch of brown water in it when I checked - obviously the cleaner hadn't.
I had 4 bags and the lack of a lift meant I struggled with my things to get down from the third floor. Despite being passed by one or two staff, no one offered to help.
The last straw was going to the front desk to check out and was attended to by the sole staff who remained on the phone before I tired of not being acknowledged and deposited the key on the counter and brought my bags to the car. I returned a minute later and she glanced at some display then turned to me and just uttered 'OK.'.
Well, Shah's, it certainly wasn't OK. I'm never coming back to this dump.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. If you really want to stay here, choose a lower floor and away from the nightc...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jaydcoke
Kuantan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The location is the main priority when i chose this hotel during my last visit to Petaling Jaya. They offered good price through online booking. Parking was not a problem at all. The exterior of the hotel just okey for me. But i got some problems with the room. First it noisy. The next building must be karaoke center, singing all the way till late midnight. I can't sleep. I,m very frustrated with apalling state of the washroom. Next morning i hope the breakfast will give me some nice note during my stay here but after the first bite, i hope was quashed. i end up with two slice bread with jam, sip a coffee then took my beg and check out.

Room Tip: avoid the room next to karaoke building
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel is very old and creepy. Beds are squeaky and dirty. Mirrors are stained and aged. They dun even have proper bins in the bathroom.

Location of the hotel is pretty good but that does not compensate for the terrible condition of the hotel.

Wifi is chargeable locked to 1 device only. Overall, the stay left me disgusted and I would never want to come back here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MargaretMag
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Shah Hotel is near LRT and have easy access to PJ town. The hotel does have a colonial feeling. I like the lounge deco. it is not a modern kind of hotel and there is a small swimming pool int he middle which is only suitable for younger children..I book thro internet and was given a back room which is not really to my liking. Eating out is easy as there is a food stall outside. lots of food, nice and cheap.I will definitely come back to this hotel if I am in PJ. Breakfast is bad though! charging MY29 for additional person is outrageous! go outside to eat.

Room Tip: ask for room upstairs
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family