“Fresh and delicious!”

Pak John Steamboat & Yong Tao Foo
Ranked #90 of 1,376 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Barbecue, Grill, Fusion, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and delicious!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I always feeling sad when walking out from this restaurant cause the delicious foods inside always failed my hard work to reduce weight. And you will always feel why your stomach so small to try all their foods as much as you can.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ZelosNg

Malaysia
“Yummy experience”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Tips: Ladies, have your yummy gastronomical experience on Tuesday and Thursday, 20% off!

Plus:
- Wide range of foods & drinks (fried stuff, smoked ducks for grilling, ice creams, hot & cold drinks, cream ball, waffles, lots of dip sauces).
- Variety in choice of soups: Tomyam, Curry, Chicken & Miso (if I'm not mistaken).
- Clean and nice ambience.
- Quite delicious and assortment of foods for steamboat are very good.

Minus:
- Smaller range for grill foods. Lack of selection.
- The refill for empty box seems pretty late.
- The waiter speaks basic English only (probably just a few).

Overall we are pretty much satisfied with the food and price. Will visit again in future. Recommended if you have a big crowd!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hana-ssi
Kajang
“Awesome Dining Experience, Great Food Choices!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went to this restaurant because of the reviews I have been reading, and I thought why not try it out after my disappointing visit to the Wangsa Maju restaurant. I went on Saturday since they serve dim sum (my favourite) using Groupon vouchers with my mum. With Groupon, you have to make a booking at least one day before. The booking process was smooth, and the person on the line recommended for me to come at 1 pm (buffet starts at 12 pm on weekends) as all the food will be cooked by that time. I came at 1 pm, and yes, everything was available to be served. I was really amazed with the choices available. Not only that, they also serve other than steamboat and yong tao foo such as nasi lemak, fried rice and noodles, fried finger food etc. Besides that, there are also dim sum, waffles, kaya balls, roti canai, and burgers!!! (which usually are not available in any steamboat restaurants I've been to before). Besides that, they also serve premium meats such as New Zealand Lamb, Australian Beef and Roast Duck!!!! They have ice cream too, and a range of drinks. There were uite an array of sauces available... make sure you try the sambal belacan sauce and sweet sauce... just wanna give a warning that they sambal belacan sauce is hot, so if you cannot stand the heat, please choose other sauces. The restaurant can accommodate many patrons since they have a lot of tables. One tip to all patrons, I would like to suggest to you to take one item each for the steamboat and yong tao foo first before you take others as maybe you won't have the opportunity to taste ALL items available (that shows how many items they have here)

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Hasreena
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Average steamboat restaurant in wangsa walk”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Steamboat restaurant that do allow refill as most similar steamboat restaurant do. The soup price of rm10 is not included in the set price. Service is poor with waiter who cannot speak n understand malay nor English. For the price they charge not good value.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank MpoloKL
sri aman, sarawak
“Superb "Steamy" Dining”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Date of visit : 22 March 2014 (Weekend lunch buffet)
Location : e@Curve Mutiara Damansara
Groupon offer ++ : RM 215.75 (6 adults RM 28 per head, 1 child below 12 years RM 18 per head + 2 children below 6 : FOC, + 10% service charge and 6% government tax)

This is a family-get-together lunch for 3 families. We are the 1st to arrive at the location at 11.05 am. Variety of fozen seafood are ready but the kitchen staff are still busy preparing the fresh food like vegetables, while the cook are busy frying french fries, noodles and so on. Smoked duck, Australian beef, NZ mutton n abolone are only served 35 mins later. Yet, I believe the staff have done their best to get things done before the peak lunch hour.

Overall, we are all happy with the food n service here. Even though they started slow, yet, we enjoy the food so much that I lost count of how many plates of the "special" items that we have taken. With the many choices of food, we cook n eat non-stop for 2 hours! From the main course to dessert (waffles, ice-cream, corn in cup, n local kuih).

Some room for improvement :
1. As this is a buffet-style dining, please refill instantly for the items that have finished, or nearly finish.
2. Make sure 3/4 of the food are prepared before you guys start your business.
3. On that particular day, there is no squid/octopus...

Thumbs-up :
1. smoked duck (superb!)
2. variety of noodles (I love udon)
3. the dipping sauce (some are very spicy, but we LOVE them)
4. Australian beef (but slow in refilling)
5. cooked food

Will I come again? Guaranteed if there is more offer from Groupon of MyDeal...

Will I recommend to my friends? Definitely....

• Visited March 2014