“Good location... Nothing out of the ordinary”

Royale Chulan The Curve
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Tip... There are two Royale Bintangs within half a km of each other and of course the taxi took me to wrong one despite me giving him right address so make sure you don't let them go before you are sure at the right place.

Anyway the main highlight of this place is that it's in the middle of large shopping precinct with lots of bars, shops and restaurants around, so the walk to the other one wasn't so bad, but then I had no bags, was on a short trip.

Lobby was very hot and stifling which I learned over next two days seem to come and go. I suspect the air con system got overwhelmed at times.

Room was opposite, the AC worked like a charm, but the thermostat seemed on blink, no matter where you set it, it blasted out cold air.

Free internet throughout hotel, but was hit and miss and very slow most of time. Breakfast pretty decent.

Comfortable room that was better than I was expecting on way to room.

For 100 USD a night probably OK value for money

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Mark R

On behalf of Royale Bintang Curve hotel we apologize on internet and air condition. It was not working well on that particular day.

We hope you can give us second chance to serve you better.

Do come back soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I decided to stay at RBTC during my most recent business trip given its proximity to the nearby shopping malls. That said, the location is the only good thing about the hotel.

My checkin experience was decent and the staff was friendly. The room was of decent size but in my first night, I was woken up by really loud music that came from one of the bars downstairs. I was on the 11th floor. I called to complain and the receptionist told me that it will only continue till 11pm. Fine with me. The following night, the loud music went on till 4am and it came from a different bar/club. Again, I complained and the call center person assured me that the music would end "soon." I waited and finally insisted for a room change. The very next morning at 645am, there was some carnival/race and the speakers were turned up so loud that it shook me from my bed. Needless to say, I barely slept during my stay at RBTC.

The next thing that really sucks about the hotel is the crawling internet. The first time I called about it, the person told me that the slowness was due to many guests using the internet. Shouldn't hotels be expecting guests to use their internet?? The following afternoon, I complained again and an IT person showed up to offer assistance. I showed him how slow the internet was (0.03mbps on speedtest.net) and asked if this was the speed level RBTC provides to its guests. He smiled and said "Yes." He then said OK as if his job was done and politely excused himself.

Lets not even get started on the lousy breakfast and leaky bathrooms. All in all, I did not have high expectations of the hotel but the hotel succeeded in failing me in comfort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jason T
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Jason T

On behalf of The Royale Bintang The Curve hotel, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay recently.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Thank you.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was on a 2 day business meeting here.

Let's go on the positive first...
Location, environment is great and convenient, easy access to shopping mall, pubs, foods, and entertainment. Nothing much to complain as the hardware was design in good shape.

Room was alright, spacious, cold, eventually i had a great sleep, perhaps i was just too tired after the meeting.

The View, outside the corridor, perhaps it is one of the best place to have your nicotine relaxant.

Alright...now the negative...
Meeting location at The View, I couldn't imagine a place setup for meeting only having a single toilet, OMFG... everyone was Q long for the toilet...

Food and hygiene...
Back in the little pantry in The View, 11th floor... there are cockroaches infestation...

First lunch in the cafe, OMG... there are ants in the freshly refilled goblets...
My appetide discounted, great start for my diet programme.
Rice serving time, i wonder why it take more than 15 minutes to serve the rice? and somehow rather the rice quality just like a clump of stuff, hardened cold rice... the worst hotel lunch i ever had. dishes - asian theme... even a kampung auntie can cook better, i couldnt imagine what kinda chef they are hiring!!!??? i only noticed bangla waiter around... not well trained and attitude are not alright!!

Parking Fee?
Yes, if you were to stay here... be ready for the parking fee, it is not complimentary...
well, not too expensive, only RM10 a day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Zhang Zhao

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip. We take note that the services of our hotel did not meet up with your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We recognises that cleanliness is a basic requirement and takes great pains to ensure our guests experience the most hygienic and clean environment.

We are taking immediate action to correct the position and also to ensure that such a lapse does not occur again.

We are sure you will notice our commitment to world class service during your next stay with us! Thanks

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had a long stay (4 weeks) in a standard room at the hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable but small (even for a single occupant). The rooms have ample furniture, probably the reason for less space. You are provided with a mini fridge, water kettle, ironing table, safe, etc. The toilet is small but neat. The shower is the best feature of the room where I spent a lot of time to relax after the busy work days. The room service takes care that the toiletries, towels and linen are available in excess. The bed is comfortable. There’s a pool and spa on the third floor. Provides nice service but mostly unoccupied.
I would not be a good judge of the food served at the hotel. Me being a vegetarian limited myself to continental breakfast which tasted average. Location wise the hotel is perfect. It’s located in the mid of two malls and unlimited eateries. The surroundings of the hotel get very lively during the evenings with live band performances.
The hotel operates a free shuttle service to Bukit Bintang in KL (to one of its branch). Occupied by work throughout the week I used it on weekend to explore KL.

Room Tip: look for rooms at upper floors. you'll get no gud view for the first 3-4 floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Saxena_ajay

Thank for staying at Royale Bintang The Curve.

Its a great pleasure to serve you.

Do come back soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here end of September 2013.
The studio room is spacious and comfortable!

We made reservation via bookings.com and upon check in found that the front office staff was a snob! He put us in the wrong room i.e. a superior room which was really small compared to our bookings and despite having our stay extended and printed on the confirmation slip we presented to the front office, we got the wrong room and our stay WAS NOT extended as reserved!

When we came down to the front office, the staff and another staff blamed other staff for the mistake and took us for a fool since he attended to us in the first place.
When we went down for breakfast the following day, the egg counter was not even active.
there was no staff manning the counter and when i approached one of the kitchen staff, he lied to me and told me that the egg counter will only be available at 730am. Being a hotelier myself i blasted at him for lying and told him off to another kitchen staff which i believed was at a higher position.

the concierge and bellman and security was helpful on the whole.
it made our daily entry warm and welcome compared to other parts of the hotel..
the housekeeping lady was also helpful attending to our extra needs during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Iszkandardzul

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this may have caused to you. We are actively working to improve our service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavours

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We book this hotel because of its location. My wife want to have a walk at Ikea before we head to Klang for a relative's wedding reception. The location is really nice with easy access to Ikea and The Curve shopping centre. Check in is smooth without much hassle. Bell boy is helpful when we arrive.

The room is clean n neat but nothing special. I realize the TV not functioning and reported immediately after check-in. Then we went out n only back around 5pm. Surprisingly TV still faulty and reported again. This time they sent technician immediately and he manage to solve the problem within 10 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Ngeng kiang,

Thank you for staying at The Royale Bintang The Curve.

We are happy to be able to meet your expectations! Do come back soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was here on weekend escape(28Sept2013). My original plan is to stay here for 2 nites but I only stay for 1 nite due to bad room condition. I stay in family suite.
1) carpet/floor is not properly vacuum.
2) the room is very dusty, get worse if you sit on the sofa.
3) bed got smell and the worse thing is, its feel very itchy.
4) cannot breath due dust and smell
5) no cloth hanger inside the closet(none/zero/nothing)

The bed condition is the worse, I really cannot sleep.

I check out the next day and find other hotel to stay.

My advise is to avoid this hotel, stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: I bet no room in this hotel is even worth your money.

Dear Azuan faizz

We apologize for your inconvenience due to our mistake, and we will ensure you that this will not happen again.

We hope you will give us the second chance to serve you again and provide you the positive experience with us.