“Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Perth
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

We actually stayed here after staying at a dodgy hotel in Chinatown and obviously this hotel is wayy superior in every way. We were welcomed with a complimentary fruit basket. The toilet is amazing, especially the shower place-love it! The service is quite good and prompt coz we called to get more sugar and creamer as we ran out of them in the middle of the night....and they gave us a whole bag! =) This hotel is linked to a very big mall wher you can get practically all sorts of stuffs which is very convenient. The breakfast is a buffet and it is a whole range ( which i was very very happy about). It is however, not in KL ( city central). We stayed there because we had a friend's wedding reception in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Byron Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

I have been staying at One World Hotel at least once a year for the past 5 years when I go to Malaysia to visit family and friends since it opened in July 2007.

The location is great with a fantastic shopping centre just downstairs from the hotel. The team of staff there has always been pleasant and courteous. The rooms, the hotel and the grounds of the hotel have been well maintained. I always look forward and enjoy the buffet breakfast when I am there. It has a wide spread of local and international food. It accommodates even the fussiest eaters.

I have stayed in One World Hotel on my own as well as with my family. The rooms and bathrooms are a good size and clean. Noise level acceptable. My experience staying at One World Hotel has always been pleasant and enjoyable and never had a reason to complain about anything.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear CNW88

We are delighted to hear that your recent stay with us has been an enjoyable one. Glad to know that you have stayed here each time you visit Malaysia and enjoyed the hotel's excellent location and spacious room.

Thank you for your continued support which we truly appreciate. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

It took a little persuading for me to stay in Petaling Jaya instead of Kuala Lumpur, but One World Hotel makes it worth the while. The room is one of the most spacious I have stayed in Malaysia, and the king-sized bed was so comfortable, I was reluctant to get out of it! The equipment spacious bathroom is equiped with a full-sized bathtub as well as a rain forest shower.

It is adjacent to One Utama, a huge shopping center where you can find all the regular shops and eateries you would expect to find in the Malaysian capital. It takes about a 20 minutes taxi ride into the heart of Kuala Lumpur on a decent day. Bear in mind though, if you don't want to pay premium prices for the taxi, you can ask the concierge to get you a regular cab, instead of the premium hotel cab.

Service is efficient and staff are friendly and try their best to accommodate to your requests. The only thing is there is no free internet access, and unless you are reading to pay an incredible amount of money, I would suggest you walk to the nearby Starbucks (in the adjacent mall) for your internet needs.

Room Tip: Book at least 2 weeks in advance
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear SiowLing

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious guest room. One World Hotel has one of the most spacious rooms in Petaling Jaya and being adjoined to 1 Utama Shopping Centre, the hotel is indeed an ideal location for leisure.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed here exactly a year ago and returned this year in anticipation of their high standard in every aspect, true enough I was not disappointed.

Room size is good for the price and comfort at its very best. Service end to end simply applaudable. Staff are friendly and approachable. Once I asked for more coffee sachet it wasn't delivered in 10 minute, this is something not usual with the hotel, I rang again and the staff was honest to tell me she had slipped her mind. I respect her honesty and in matter of minutes I had my coffee sachets. This is service!

Breakfast spread is good and the waiters and waitresses at Cinnomon restauarnt make your day this is despite the crowd and them obvisouly overworked they continued their best service attentively and promptly always with a sincere smile.

The swimming pool is kids friendly and the gym well equipped.

Parking leading to the hotel and hotel leading to the mall is very well connected.

Whenever I think of Petaling Jaya I think of One World Hotel.

Room Tip: It is so good tip not required.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dear hYj

We are glad that you have found your preferred hotel in Petaling Jaya. Thank you for your kind feedback especially on your request for the coffee sachet. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Nevertheless, we are glad to know that the staff was given an opportunity to make things right.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Our family stayed for 3 nights in the Junior Suite & a connecting deluxe room on level 8. Each room was spacious by itself. Comes with free WIFI internet for both our rooms. The beds & pillows were comfortable and even comes with a bolster on each bed. The complimentary lavender sachet was a nice touch to put you to sleep. We were pleasantly surprised when housekeeping came by to ask whether we needed anything extra eg. towels/water, great service! The toiletries in the junior suite were from Hann & Thann, while the ones in the deluxe room was house brand but still of good quality.

Location was perfect, right beside One Utama Shopping Centre (a mega shopping centre in Petaling Jaya area) via a direct walkway from the hotel. Great hotel - Concierge even offered a wheelchair to my Grandma when she got off the car! If you drive, it's free parking if you self-park, just your carpark coupon validated at the reception.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear Ploppyleong

Thank you for your kind compliments. I will definitely share this with our team.

Do stay with us during your next visit.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

nice hotel...great view and nice clean and spacious rooms. it is connected to a great shopping mall good to shop for shoes and other things. recommended, great shopping and food. restaurants too serve authentic malaysian food.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Dear Yolanda04

It is always great to hear that guests such as yourself had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your support.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

Stayed in junior suite with toddler son. Booked one of the deals and find the room good value. Nice view quite spacious and clean. We had 4 guests over no problem.
We had our breakfasts at club level. The selection was good considering the number of people eating there. It was never busy a relaxing way to start the day. We also tried the complementary evening canapés they have every day and it was great. Good selection of hot and cold snacks. If you will be spending a lot of time at the hotel I recommend getting use of the lounge facility.

Service was average. Need to call a few times to get things required. Got the shock when dark brown water started coming out of the taps when I called they said just leave the tap on till it goes clear with no apology or explanation. Until I pressed and they explained the filter was being rinsed and the water would be back to normal soon. I think they should have advised us prior that this was going to happen. If I had been in the shower and the water turned brown I would have really freaked out. Honestly I think with service it's kind of a Malaysian thing. Staff were polite but not very proactive. I am originally from Malaysia and generally it isn't very service orientated so I expected this.

Checked out the pool facilities didn't swim but they looked nice and clean - nice kids pool.

Our room had thanh amenities which are nice. I also tried the spa which was good too but they repeatedly tried to upsell which was a tiny bit annoying.

In room wifi was slow.

Overall for what you pay I think the hotel is good value will stay there again and recommend if you need to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Recommend junior suite.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Redtrolley

We are sorry to know through your feedback on our service and water discoloration during your stay with us. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced. Rest assured, we will strive to provide a higher level of service that will meet your expectations should you give us an opportunity.

However, it is comforting to read that you enjoyed our Junior Suite and the Club Lounge.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.