“Not as good as my last stay”

Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
Perth
“Not as good as my last stay”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here again last week and while the renovations are nice, the noise level in the hall ways was a big problem! I arrived at 11pm checked in and went to bed. The noise level of people coming and going in the hall ways kept me awake most of my 10 hours. Kids running and laughing in the hall ways at 2am and cleaning staff talking very loudly, enough to disrupt those wanting to sleep at night time.
Yes while it is a great location for a short sleep and shower, this time I did not leave feeling overly refreshed.
Hoping my next stay will be better?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank carrie a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Not a Cheap hotel. Excellent location if you missed flight. Amazed by the 'window' . No gym, pool or lounge. But it got nit so hot shower, stable wifi, safebox, samsung 17 inch tv.... charged based on a block of 6 hrs. No way I want to stay here l do want tomiss my flight !

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Mokette
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I recently stayed at the newly reopened KLIA Transit hotel, renamed as Sama Sama Express hotel. The hotel runs in the same concept as Singapore Changi Airport Transit Hotel, and allows passengers with a quick overnight stay being able to pay for a bed. It is not a five star hotel but the room is clean enough for a short night. Free wifi is available but connections are poor. But for a short night, Internet is not my main concern. The room is a bit expensive but then most of the hotels near KLIA are pretty expensive anyway. Sama Sama actually owns a more upscale property at the hotel ground, but the Sama Sama KLIA requires one to exit immigration and customs. If you have more time at KLIA, that hotel might work better for you. If I have a short overnight stay, I will not hesitate to return.

I hope the hotel can work on improving the wifi signal and the lobby definitely needs a major refurbishment, as it looks a bit run down.

Please also remember to bring all the hotel confirmations, as the front desk staffs speak limited English and require you to present document.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Adrian L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Worst experience ever. Drilling going on next door and could not get any sleep. Worst hotel I have stayed in - they charge exorbitant amounts for 6 hours and you get no sleep. Non-existent customer service - horrible staff

Room Tip: Its quieter and better out on the terminal than in this horrible hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Bhar G
Iqmal M, Manager at Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences through tripadvisor.com.

It is with regret to note the unpleasant experience during your last stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.I would very much wish to make contact with you personally, and if it’s not too much to ask, please do drop me an email with your contact details so that I can be in touch.

Once again, thank your for your time and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

email: iqmal.muslim@samasamahotels.com
Bundanoon, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Having stayed in this facility previously it was good to see the refurbishment particularly in the bathrooms ,the whole place looked much cleaner and inviting and the lobby will be finished by October: However in spite of booking well in advance our requested booking was not available to us on arrival, we were given another booking but given we had a 19 hour stop we would have preferred a suite so we could sit in comfort as well as lie down, Our wake up call came two hours early!! Staff were friendly and went out of their way to help with a number of requests,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnnandBob99
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for staying with us during your last visit to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. We are delighted that our vision to " Create Meaningful Connection" have reached you and effort in transforming the property into a brand new look are appreciated.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused in relation to your arrival experience and the wake up call time. We will certainly use your feedback and review our operating procedure accordingly.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Have stayed a number of times in the Airport hotel at KL.
Last trip was July 2013 and I must say..I am impressed with the refurbishment.
It's fresher...the bathrooms have been upgraded and don't appear shabby and dirty anymore!
The new carpet has added a sense of cleanliness and modernism too!
All in all a much more pleasant experience than in the past. Sama Sama is good value for money and I would recommend it for an overnight transit journey.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank preet1717
Bundanoon
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stuck at KL airport? Do yourself a favour and grab the best sleep instead of dozing on an airport chair without earplugs and then arriving at your destination hassled, tired and frazzled. We had a 7 hour wait and for 2 it's great value to get a room, have a shower, get a wake up call and travel again refreshed and refueled.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mr_Grice
Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of the team, I would like to express my thanks for your support and for your time in sharing your experience.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.