The resort is on the west coast of Malaysia, near a river with mangroves, so don’t expect blue water as the river is constantly feeding the ocean. You can swim in the water but why would you when there is a very serviceable infinity pool at the resort.
The accommodation is a variety of huts over the water, each with their own balcony, generally facing the ocean. We stayed in a two bedroom villa and it was fantastic. Be advised though that the main buildings are in some cases at least a kilometre from the huts so you will need to grab a push bike to get around. The resort was being renovated while we were there and we were advised that there are plans for a new beach pool, upgraded restaurant facilities and gym. If the new reception area, unveiled while we were there, is an indication of the new facilities, then they will be impressive. The resort is close to nothing so it’s a perfect place to chill, read a book, sun yourself and just relax. It’s a good hour bus trip to KL and at least 45 minutes from the airport so you will need to plan any day trips. The bus is on time every time and it was convenient, so we recommend using it for a day trip to KL for shopping or sightseeing. The resort is child friendly and the staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. We had massages (go for the traditional Malaysian) and ate at every restaurant. Everything was great and we even ventured out to the local stalls (not for the faint hearted) thankfully my partner spoke some Malay and that got us through. Due to the remoteness of the resort once you are there, you are there. So unless you want to go extreme bike riding, Go carting or use some of the beach facilities, there is nothing else to do. My suggestion is this is a 3 or 4 day experience before checking out the rest of the country. Overall a nice relaxing stay, a special thanks to all the staff and Thomas for their attentive service.
Check out our review here :
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort stretches out from the Sepang coastline, almost a kilometer into the sheltered waters of the Straits of Malacca with 392 luxuriously appointed over water villas that shape a palm tree. This new upscale resort offers guests a wide range of sports and entertainment activities as well as great food & beverage outlet selection. Located in the district of Sepang, in the southern part of the state of Selangor, AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is a short 35 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The resort is also conveniently located close to the Sepang International Circuit - home to the Malaysian leg of the F1 race. Inspired by Polynesian and Maldivian architecture, blended with contemporary Malaysian interior design, each over water villa showcases a range of features that will ensure you take full advantage of the relaxed comfort, knowing we have the details covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Hotel Sepang
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort And Spa