“Great Location, Staff and Amenities”

AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

The space is amazing in view and there is a great atmosphere around the whole place. The activities available such as henna tattoos were worked on amazingly by a girl named Dilla. Really upbeat and fun willing to help and relax and have some fun showing you new things and entertaining. The pool was amazing to relax in right on the side of the water. The selection of food during the time was still very good even with the current changeover and work being done for the conversion over to Avani. Really great experience and staff with great things to do and see while out there with a great relaxing natural element in the resort.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Allen W
MarcomMgr-GPT, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for you kind feedback on the TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you are pleased with your overall stay and experience at the resort. The AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is all about comfort and relaxation. We will continue to offer interesting activities for our guests and hope you will spent your next holiday here after our second phase of expansion which will include a new pool beside the Smiley beach and a Teen's and Kid's Club. Kindly contact me at tfehlbier@minornet.com prior to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

For the price we paying, I expect better service, the staff ignored us most of the time. Even walking under the sunny light, they just drive pass us without offering any lift. Beside that the food is another dissapointment, it is not fresh and for f&b operating place, I found lizard poo on the napkin... nice view, cant deny, but service seriously need to be improve

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank hilturquoise
MarcomMgr-GPT, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback in the TripAdvisor. The resort has recently been re-branded to a new management and will look into all areas of improvements from facilities, food quality and service. Our Clubhouse is now in full operation offering 6 Live-Cooking stations operated from early morning until late evening, including Pizza, Pasta, Mongolian BBQ, Egg Station for Breakfast, etc. We appreciate your comments and sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience. On behalf of the resort, my team and I will look forward to serving you better in the future. Kindly, contact me at tfehlbier@minornet.com prior to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

First of all, i have to comment on the staff by the name of Eeda Ahmad. A pleasant and friendly lady. She was so kind to upgrade our room as all the standard rooms were full,. I have made a booking a standard room a week before we traveled. But i guess with the overwhelming guests on that weekend, they accidentally let go of my room? anyhow, without much hassle she assisted me by upgrading our room to a villa! That was just super awesome! Really appreciate it!
The room was huge for us 3, but we definitely enjoyed it!! Just a small tiny comment, the air-cond was not working so well. The room was hot, although we have switched on the fan and the air cond! Well, the weather is also hot this time around! other than the air-cond, we definitely enjoyed our stay at Avani,
What need some improvements... the buggy services definitely! should have more buggy services. they should also have something like a trishaw? This is useful for small families or families with a baby. Then they don't have to wait for buggy services every time they want to go anywhere!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback on the TripAdvisor. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and will share your kind comment with our staff. We appreciate your suggestion and will take note on the buggy service. The villas generally have high ceilings and thus takes awhile to cool down. In continuance to our expansion and up-grade in the second phase, we will also look into improving our standards in service and facilities. The resort welcomes you to come and visit us again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Following a disappointment honeymoon experience at Mauritius, I decided to make it up by having our second seam honeymoon during my wife birthday.
However we only got 3D2N and Avani/ Golden Palm Tree becomes the only Choice shall we look for water Villa.

Pre-Arrival
Reservations are helpful, informative, attentive and responsive. A layout map of resort was given to show our Villa location in advance, all request were just perfectly arranged during our stay. For instance, wine and floral petals set up before we checked in, cake and hand bouquet sharply delivered at midnight on our wife's birthday.

Resort
Resort is around 30-45 mins ride from KLIA depends on traffic where you'll pass through the Sepang F1 circuit.
Our Villa is a standard one but we are happy enough. Condition is better than expected. Neat and tidy floor, comfortable bed and linen, relaxing water facing balcony which is excellent for chilling out. Stable internet signal,.can add choices on TV channels though. All are overrate bungalow but never try to jump into water. I guess the water may be just half meter deep.

Bicycle is everywhere for you to grab up and drive yourself to all parts of the resort. If you are too tired, you will easily catch a golf car which offer rides between club house and lobby.

Infinity Pool is at the centre of the resort, probably not large enough considering the capacity of the resort. To avoid overcrowded, be there earlier like in the morning.

There is a private beach, a section which is divided exclusively from the S's American public beach. Free kayak, 'sand-surfing' bicycle tour are available there. Soft sands, clear water but don't expect a beach like Maldives. We try to swim there but is very muddy...not feeling good stepping into water. There is a funny inflatable plastic Infinity pool there though. around 10M long set next to the bar but That's the best place to swim in the resort.

There's shuttle running from hotel to KL. Will be even better If shuttle to nearby Sepang village is also available.

Dining
Room Service is so-so. Fries are not fresh and soft. Vege is fresh though.

Bila Bila serving buffet all day. We used the breakfast and there's sufficient choice. Nice view as you may look.over the pool and surrounded by water.

Stimpot serving hot pot. Well...not worth a try to be honest..Hot Pot I'd better prepared myself at home.

Perahu is sensational!!! Located by the beach with our honeymoon dinner table set at the corner. We had our dinner viewing the sunset, listening to the waves, and the food is exceptional! Lobster Bisque is just mouth watering. Chicken breast is tender. Sea bass is juicy with crispy skin. We just cleared all dishes. By far the best and most memorable dining experience for us, in terms of ambience and food quality.

Impeccable and efficient relatively. Engineerer, bell, housekeeping all ready at your door in 5-10 mins. Reception is a bit understaffed though. All the staff are cheerful, helpful and courteous. They really treat you as guests but heart.

I will say thw resort is a great value of money. Given the price and accessibility, it's an ideal destination for a short escape.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dayfukwok

Thank you for your feedback and time taken to comment on the TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you have chosen our resort for your second honeymoon and birthday. We will share your comments on a comfortable stay at the resort and credit to our service staffs and taken note to improve on other areas. The resort will be expanding in its second phase which will include a new pool beside Smiley beach, Teen's Club and Kid's Club. You are most welcomed to visit us again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I bought a voucher from Groupon and read reviews after committing to the week in Sepang. I wanted the time away to be special as it was a trip to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday.

And it was a surprise.

From the time we arrived at GPT we were treated like highly valued guests. Our villa was beautiful and clean, and the service was amazing, no matter what we asked for or needed was provided with a smile. Malaysians clearly love their country, and love to see others enjoying themselves.

On the morning of our arrival we were met by Aswad from the Butler area. This amazingly dedicated group of staff were obviously proud of the work they performed and the resort they were employed in. Aswad ensured our holiday was special, and we left feeling that this was as important to him as it was to us.

A program was developed for us which incorporated spa experiences and a few tours which we had indicated of interest. Our restaurants were booked, and without a doubt, the entire experience at GPT was the best holiday experience I have ever had. The infinity pool was clean and well maintained, and the gymnasium was used by my husband!

The food was fabulous, and we even enjoyed a meal cooked on our balcony!

Thankyou to the management and to the staff. I really hope I get the chance to return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6 th frond and it was lovely. If you are looking for city life, and white beaches...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lauren Z

Thank you for your kind feedback in the TripAdvisor. We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay and chose the AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort for your husband's 50th birthday. We will share your positive comments with the AVANI management team and staff and am glad you took time to visit the AVANI spa and the other tours. The second phase of AVANI involves a new pool beside Smiley beach and a new Teen's and Kid's Club. Kindly contact me at tfehlbier@minornet.com prior to your next visit and the team and I will look to provide you with yet another hospitable stay. We look forward your next return.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

On the first side, I didn't plan at all to stay here. But, once I touch down at KLIA (from Labuan), I feel tired to go straight to KL then I decide to find a nearby hotel. So, I'm asking from a receptionist at the airport limo counter and she suggest me a few place to stay such as Sama-Sama hotel, tune hotel and a "new" hotel called AVANI SEPANG but she mention to me it takes around 30 minutes to reach here. So I decide to come here (30 minutes is not a long journey and I still can take a nap for a while inside the limo). So when I reach here I was been greated by a guy in front the lobby (im sure he is a lobby porter with a blue colour shirt and I cant remember his name) who surprise me with his service. He help me to open the limo door and also assist me with my luggage. While carry my luggage, with a polite word he ask me to go to the counter for check in. At the lobby counter, I've meat with a "Smiley girl" who introduced her name as EADA. when I told her that I did not make a booking, she immediately play her excellent role as a receptionist with a great suggestion and reasonable price for one night stay room. With her recommendations So I choose a traveler room but with a little bit disappointed - no drink and towel to be offer for me during check in! But I don't mind for this small matter. After get my room key, I've been told to wait for the buggy and the Bellman will bring me to the room. While waiting for the buggy, I've been greet by someone who introduce his name as MR Q. I told to him that I'm waiting the buggy for almost 15 minutes and suddenly he offer me to take his buggy that already park near the lobby. With his bright smile, he help me to load my luggage inside the buggy. On the way to the room till we reach to my room, MR Q explain for me about this new re-branding resort and also the facilities that the resort provide. He also doing a good job with his suggestion for my dinner, but unfortunately I had to refuse it because I'm too tired and suddenly he recommend me to order the food from the room (great idea). Inside the room, he give me his time to explain about the room from the door till the bathroom! what a great warm welcome! And I'm surprise when he told me that he is a Butler! I feel like royal.... I am planning to comeback again soon and I'm So glad that I made a right choice! Tq EADA & MR Q

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank zahidrasedi

Thank you for your kind feedback on the TripAdvisor. We are glad that enjoyed your stay and experience at the resort. We will share your positive comments with our team and look forward to your next visit. The resort will be in its second phase of expansion soon which will include a new pool beside the Smiley Beach and a Teen's and Kid's Club, kindly contact me at tfehlbier@minornet.com prior to your next visit and the team and I will ensure another hospitable experience at the resort.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The resort is on the west coast of Malaysia, near a river with mangroves, so don’t expect blue water as the river is constantly feeding the ocean. You can swim in the water but why would you when there is a very serviceable infinity pool at the resort.
The accommodation is a variety of huts over the water, each with their own balcony, generally facing the ocean. We stayed in a two bedroom villa and it was fantastic. Be advised though that the main buildings are in some cases at least a kilometre from the huts so you will need to grab a push bike to get around. The resort was being renovated while we were there and we were advised that there are plans for a new beach pool, upgraded restaurant facilities and gym. If the new reception area, unveiled while we were there, is an indication of the new facilities, then they will be impressive. The resort is close to nothing so it’s a perfect place to chill, read a book, sun yourself and just relax. It’s a good hour bus trip to KL and at least 45 minutes from the airport so you will need to plan any day trips. The bus is on time every time and it was convenient, so we recommend using it for a day trip to KL for shopping or sightseeing. The resort is child friendly and the staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. We had massages (go for the traditional Malaysian) and ate at every restaurant. Everything was great and we even ventured out to the local stalls (not for the faint hearted) thankfully my partner spoke some Malay and that got us through. Due to the remoteness of the resort once you are there, you are there. So unless you want to go extreme bike riding, Go carting or use some of the beach facilities, there is nothing else to do. My suggestion is this is a 3 or 4 day experience before checking out the rest of the country. Overall a nice relaxing stay, a special thanks to all the staff and Thomas for their attentive service.

Check out our review here :

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Helen C
MarcomMgr-GPT, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to announce that we had ended our first phase rebranding activities and will continue with the second phase at the second quarter of the year. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your vacation at our Iconic Resort. We strike for the best in all the details that matter to our guests, and it is such pleasant to know that you experience the best moment at our resort. We hope to welcome you back anytime soon.

Best regards,
Thomas Fehlbier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sepang
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
#4 of 37 in Port Dickson
Seri Bayu Resort
Seri Bayu Resort
#11 of 14 in Sepang

Been to AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort? Share your experiences!