“dont expect to get any sleep”
Review of Bary Inn

Bary Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Sepang B&B and Inns
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“dont expect to get any sleep”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When we checked in this hotel they asked us what time we wanted the shuttle for the airport the following day. Since our flights were at night, we told them 7 in the evening. We had to repeat this about 3 times as they kept on asking if we meant 7 in the morning or 7 in the evening. Later that night after dinner I approached the receptionist to make sure that she understood that we would be needing the shuttle at 7pm. Imagine our surprise when we receive a wake up call at 6 in the morning!! a wake up call we never asked for! then at 7am the receptionist called our room again saying that the shuttle was ready. we explained that we wanted it at 7 in the evening like we had said the previous day. they didn't even apologize for disturbing our sleep TWICE.

at around 8am we could hear construction going on outside as the walls are very very thin. we called the reception to ask about this and she had the nerve tp once again to ask about the shuttle we had apparently requested at 7am. ughh imagine my frustration.

whenever we were asked about the shuttle they kept on telling us that if we wanted to check out late we needed to pay extra. when in the first place we never wanted to check out late. we wanted to check out at 12 and get the shuttle at 7, a concept they couldn't understand and had to be repeated to them more than 5 times.

on another note, the wifi is super slow and there is no breakfast included. also, you need to pay for the shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katgonzalez421

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel twice as a transit between KL and other destinations and was not impressed either time. I had booked my rooms through Agoda and on my hotel voucher it said that breakfast was included, apparently this had been changed in May but I was not informed of the change. The level of customer service at this hotel leaves a lot to be desired, starting with the airport transfers, my husband and I arrived at the meeting point the first time and there was nobody around to pick us up, I then had to go to the police station nearby and ask to use their phone, I felt very uncomfortable and unhappy in a foreign country, this was not a good first impression of the hotel. Eventually the driver turned up and we were on our way, I couldn't believe how out of the way this hotel is, it is in an abandoned estate with nothing around, no shops, no restaurants, very isolated. It took thirty minutes from the airport and cost 30RMB one way, this has now increased to 35RMB one way as we found out on our return trip two weeks later.
Our first room was reasonably clean and comfortable but the walls are very thin and we had very rude and inconsiderate neighbours turn up at 1am in the morning, we were due to get up at 3.30am for an early flight, this was not good.
The second time we flew back into KL for another night, once again there was no transfer to greet us, luckily we recognised the bus and asked the driver if he was from Bary Inn, apparently he was but he was not our driver, ours was on his way. Twenty minutes later, our driver turned up and we were on our way again. The only saving grace for this hotel was the lovely shuttle driver who continued to tell us amusing stories about his wife and family, he even carried our bags up to our room which is more than anyone had done for us previously.
upon arrival I questioned the breakfast only to be told it was no longer included, I was not happy. They have a new cafe there and even that wasn't going to be open the next morning anyway.
Things got worse when we got to our room, the sheets and quilt on the bed were stained, I felt gross sleeping in that bed but it was late and there was no option. Also there were no towels in the bathroom, my husband had to go back down to reception and get some, the girl on the desk was very rude and unapologetic.
Overall my experience here was not a pleasant one and I will not be returning. I have stayed at the Tune hotel in the past and although the rooms are small and noisy, the closeness to the airport makes it more convenient and at least there is a shop downstairs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sepang hotels

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel is only for an overnight transit stay as the area alone is depressing. I found the staff in the hotel to be nice, warm and welcoming. The hotel is clean and the rooms are sufficient however the location is poor and there is only one place to eat that is within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mels888
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed on this hotel 1 week ago.....the room is clean, but the staff Ms.MEL is very RUDE person. She is NOT qualified for working in hotel. She don't know how to handle with hotel guest, when I came for checked in, she didn't respect me, she had hang on her mobile for long time. Its very very insulting

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Daniel910
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Booked this Inn as I was attending motorsports event at Sepang racetrack. The location itself is less than 10 minutes drive away from the racetrack and also very near the airports. Amenities are very basic and simple, room and bed sheets are clean. Airport shuttle can be arranged, and getting food can be difficult. Wouldn't recommend this as a 1st choice, unless you just want to sleep for a night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank swkeng
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 September 2013

It was great after an 11hr flight to be shuttled from the airport and taken to the BaryInn. There a simple clean room with choice of aircon and/or fan and a very comfortable bed awaited me. The staff are lovely and friendly. Noodles for breakfast with a freshly fried egg on top was perfect. The trip to the airport (LCCT or KLIA) takes 20-30 minutes and with traffic a problem, I would not want to be further away. I would stay here again but would request a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Make sure it is a non-smoking room and be aware that the windows do not open.