Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport
US$69
  • Restaurant
S Rose Hotel(Sepang)
2,612 results
All reviewssama samapremier floordegrees restaurantthe club loungeexecutive floorfree buggy servicegolf buggybaggage claimlong flightpan pacificelectric buggyarrivals hallnext morningmain terminalmini barbetween flightsmalaysia airlines
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I made an unplanned stay in this hotel due to flight cancellation. It is fair to say that I basically do not have any expectation towards this hotel being the closest one to the airport.

The main asset of this hotel is not on their well maintained facilities but their people. From buggy car drivers to the concierge man to the housekeeping lady; they all greet me as if I'm a regular hotel guest.

Location wise they are located opposite KLIA's main terminal building (quite a walking distance though) but they do provide 24 hours buggy service running in between second floor of the KLIA main terminal building and the hotel main lobby. I made a couple of journeys between the two places and I never have to wait more than 5 minutes for their service.

Check-in process is pretty much straight forward. I received my welcome drink, cold towel and room key within 5 minutes (on the contrary I spent nearly half day in the airport rearranging my entire trip due to flight cancellation).

I'm a lone traveller and they put me in their deluxe room (two single bed). The room is quite spacious with nice lighting system creating relaxing ambience. Seamless WiFi in room. Comfortable bed and I woke up next day totally refresh.

Breakfast spread is not that much compare to other five star hotels in town. I really enjoyed the food in the breakfast restaurant and completely forgotten that I'm already late to catch my replacement flight that morning! To be honest I don't mind missing my flight just to enjoy the food :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here at the last minute as flights were changed. Overall, the hotel was very good with a clean and fresh room. However, perhaps they need to check the rooms more carefully when people check out. One of the bed lamps did not work, and the remote on the television was difficult if not impossible to use to change channels or volume. However, as we were only staying for the night this was not a big problem. The outdoor smoking area is situated next to a a waterfall - made for mosquitoes at night time - this area needs some rejigging. Also, the pool is a long long way from the rooms and you transverse many hot and noisy hallways to get there. However, the pool was okay. Breakfast was plentiful. The buggy service to and from the airport was excellent as it is quite a long walk. Very good transit hotel!.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Maggie Mae57,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel KL International Airport!

Thank you for taking the time to shared your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at the SAMA SAMA Hotel KL International Airport.We appreciate your comment on the areas that we could seek for improvement.Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and rest assured that your feedback and your suggestions will be shared with the section involved for their immediate attention and for improvement. Perhaps you could be kind enough to contact me directly at the hotel and we will be able to communicate from there on.

Haslina Bt Kamaruddin

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here last July 31 to August 2. We were a big group coming from the Philippines for an event in Sepang F1 Circuit. I made arrangements in advance as we had one participant who will not be joining us in the track of which i got her a limousine service to take her, MC, to the city throughout the day.

MC arrived at the front desk at 9:00 ASKING where her car service was, the front desk answered that there was NO BOOKING. I did not understand this. I specifically asked the front desk the night before to call the guest at 8:45 so that the our customer, MC, would be reminded of her limousine service that i had pre planned a week before. I remember talking to Guna, and three other guys in the limousine service rental desk. MC, being polite and already 70 years old, waited at the lobby for hours in front of the front desk since 9 AM.

Apparently, the limousine service was just outside. There was a clear lack of coordination between the limousine service and front desk. The stupid people from the limousine service did not even advise the front desk that the service was already available. MC by noon time took her lunch and waited in her room and ended up waiting unitl 3 PM in her room! How is this even possible. Still no advise.

Upon knowing of this the following day, i was furious and immediately called the manager. I gave the name of the one who i made arrangements with, Guna and the rest of the limousine service people. What was the result? NONE. USELESS.

I have observed that in this hotel, everyone will say YES and will say THEY WILL DO IT. But in the end nothing happens. She apologized to me OVER THE PHONE. I told her to go down and apologize to the guest and not me. SHE DID NOT DO IT.

Whoever the manager was at that time, calling from the Premier Lounge, can i just tell you how freaking useless you are. You have NO concept of hospitality service. This is one of many incidents that was truly disappointing in this hotel. If you make a mistake and say sorry, be sincere and personally say it.

I have not even mentioned the part where you guys failed us in the dinner reservation! I'll have that on my next review!

Never staying in this hotel again. Whoever said this was the best airport hotel is crazy. It may be convenient and accessible to the airport but the front desk team and manager was USELESS and definitely INSINCERE.

Room Tip: The rooms are mostly the same. The view is some swamp and grass lands, or maybe the airport building. Take your pick
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnSJohn

Dear JohnSJohn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and staying with us at the Sama Sama Hotel KL,International Airport.

I have read your comments with much regret and this is certainly not the standard of service that we aspire to.Please accept my sincere apology.Our findings with regards of the tour arrangement that you have personally made the booking under your name not under MC`s name.All the details of tour were updated in your profile and not MC.The duty manager on duty did rush down to lobby after her phone conversation with you goodself unfortunately MC left the hotel already.

JohnSJohn,it is not our intention to deliberately inconvenience our guest , perhaps you could be kind enough to contact me directly at the hotel and we will be able to communicate from there on.

Haslina bt Kamaruddin

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Fantastic hotel, staff extremely helpful, pool excellent after a long flight. Just an electric car ride from airport or short walk. Priced well too could not recommend thus hotel enough as a stopover hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel is really 5star and luxurious with very professional and very highly skilled staff. One of the best in the guest services industry. Very convenient location very close to the airport and not far from the city with KL express.

Rooms are all the time very tidy, well decorated and up to standards for a pleasantful and reaxing atmospere. Employees are all the time smiling and helpful and very accurate when they are providing assistance and information to the customers.

Special thanks to Mr.Guna and to Ms. Zendria from the reception department "front desk" for their professionalism and their kindness!

With Regards from an airline crew :)
Thank you so much for everything!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Elliepass,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel KL,International Airport!

Thank you for sharing your experience “The best hospitality `comment on TripAdvisor . We are grateful for your appreciation towards our effort in `Create Meaningful Connection` for you. I trust our team will be thrilled and glad to know that we have provided you an excellent experience and that you have loved it!

The team at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport looks forward to welcoming you again for another `Sama Sama` hotel experience with us in the near future!

Best Regards,