“Sama-Sama Degrees restaurant”

Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have used the hotel as an excellent stop-over before. However, this is the first time that I have visited Degrees restaurant and it is excellent - the buffet looked wonderful however we had the lamb Raarha Gosht and a spectacular chicken Murgh Lababdar which was flavored with fenugreek. Next time I am going to avoid meals on the plane and save myself for the very reasonably priced buffet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vandieman111
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Roger B ,

What a pleasure to learn of your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor! We are most grateful for your appreciation towards our effort in `Create Meaningful Connection` for you. I trust our team at Degrees will be thrilled to learn of your dining experience and that you have loved it! We look forward to welcoming you back for another Refreshing Sama Sama Experience in the not too distant future!

Best Regards ,
Haslina Bt Kamaruddin

Reviewed 9 August 2014

EVERY single person I saw here smiled at me and said hello. I was at the tail end of 3 weeks of travel and was tired, and ready to come home. Sama Sama was my lay over for a night. What a wonderful experience, the staff are exceptional, the rooms are extremely clean, modern and comfortable. Room service, which sometimes is all we can face after a long trip is delicious. Big clean comfortable bed, awesome shower, attentive staff this place is a perfect destination, not only a stay over hotel. Oh and airport access, you are as quick as 15 minutes from room to check in.

Room Tip: we stayed in the premier room, it wasn't expensive and absolutely worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed only 1 night on room only basis, as we had early flight during our stop over.
I loved the transfer from the terminal to the hotel entrance by the golf buggy. There was few of us waiting but we didnt want too long. The buggy personnel were all friendly.
Check in was fast and our room had lovely bed. I liked the separate toilet and bathroom.
Unbeatable location for stop over and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zabka
khaslina, Manager at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Zabka,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It's so nice to see that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We are glad that we are able to give you a great impression even at only a short stay with us. We look forward for your next visit when transiting through Malaysia and till then, happy travels!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is modern and spacious and has all the facilities we needed including a little shop which sold almost anything inside the hotel. Staff were pleasant and helpful and generally went out of their way to assist us. I particularly liked the shuttle from the main airport which we didn't have to wait long for. The hotel is attached to the main airport. Ideal for people attending the moto gp races as close to the Sepang racetrack. A little way from town but the train goes from the airport. The hotel has a lovely pool area. We always have a good experience there.

Room Tip: We always stay on the 9th floor where the rooms are a little bigger I think and they have a lounge w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Aussiechrissy,

Warm Greetings from Sama Sama Hotel KL,International Airport!

Thank you for sharing your experience “Good Service `comment on TripAdvisor . We are grateful for your appreciation towards our effort in `Create Meaningful Connection` for you. I trust our team will be thrilled and glad to know that we have provided you an excellent experience and that you have loved it!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had to stay over a night at KL International Airport. Location is excellent, easy to find and has a nice transportation system with "Golf carts" to and from the airport. Excellent staff, and great rooms. Breakfast on 9th floor was great, one of the best I ever had. A nice experience !!

Room Tip: 9th floor has great rooms and it's own service area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear OleBSpain,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the one-night stay with us. We take your positive review on board in our effort to strive towards achieving excellence in service and facility. The team at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport looks forward to welcoming you again for another `Sama Sama` hotel experience with us in the near future!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great hotel with a good location. It's somewhat expensive, but due to location and service, totally worth it. Beautiful room, clean. Good service. Efficient staff. But meals / drinks etc. are overpriced! Nice pool.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Marianne M,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you have enjoyed a very comfortable stay with us. We appreciate your highlight on the areas that we could seek for improvement. The team at Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport joins me in thanking you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have to travel to KL quite often [usually every 3 to 6 months] and I do not have to go into the heart of the city so the Sama Sama in Sepang is my preferred place of stay, and I have now stayed approx 12 times over the last 5 years.

The Sama Sama is the recently rebranded and refurbished Pan Pacific Hotel.It's a very good hotel with nicely appointed rooms, great location from the 2 airports, great facilities and restaurants and indeed friendly staff. There is even a check in/ buggy service from the KLIA 1 airport which gets you from your arrival gate, thru immigration in an "express lane", and to the hotel within about 5 minutes.[although I have only carryon luggage]. If you are arriving via KLIA 2 airport the best transit method is on the KLIA Express Transit Train which is a 2 minute ride and costs only 2 RM. very cheap and easy!

I think its a great idea to upgrade to the Premier floor, which offers speedy check in/check out service, free drinks and basic food choices from 6.00pm to 8.00pm[?], free breakfast, late check out, and a high floor view. The extra tariff is worth it as you don't then have to visit and pay extra for food and drinks in the restaurants or for room service so the extra money spent is easily recovered, unless you want to eat big meals in the restaurants.

The pool and gym/spa areas are very nice and functional, open quite late, and all free [massages etc excepted]

The Traveller's bar has live music of varying quality but good free entertainment nevertheless. On my last trip I was lucky enough to catch a 'real' band playing real instruments rather than the commonly used "band miming to computer backing tracks" outfit you would usually see in hotel bars. That was a refreshing change and enticed me to stay for more than my usual one drink!

My only complaints, and they are very small ones, are that I would prefer the premier food and drink services to open until 9.00pm as they used to be, and the TV channel choices seem to have been drastically reduced from previous visits [although I do find this to be an Asia wide reduction in TV choices in many hotels recently]

I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: choose premier floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo