“Very run down”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Geelong
“Very run down”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel over two years ago and have since found another nicer airport hotel to stay at regularly. However we were placed in this hotel overnight by Malaysia Airlines because of a cancelled flight. the only positive I can find with the hotel is its nice little roof top pool and the wifi connection was reasonable. The restaurant food was pretty average. The staff are reasonable but are certainly not over the top with friendliness. The room was somewhat of a disaster. Very musty smelling, very dark, very old furniture and the bathroom, especially around the toilet was putrid. Air conditioning is centrally controlled so no adjusting for your own comfort. Amenities were very basic. Towels were very worn, but clean so not a drama. Bed linen was spotless, and the beds were new (I checked). Their are better options near the airport for the same money. I wouldn't stay here by choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We (French-Swedish family with two children 3 and 6 years old) needed a hotel just for one night when in transit in KL and found this hotel which seemed not too bad but it was very disappointing. The room, however, was fairly big but very old and dirty. The staff at the reception though were very nice and helpful. They did not provide a airport transfer and it was extremely expensive. The breakfast was not too bad, not a lot of choices though.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TiSwede
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Needed a hotel for our layover in KL and was surprised how expensive all the hotels were. We settled for this one because of the free breakfast. The room was huge, with seperate living area. Shower was so low down, flooded the bathroom, and never had hot water. Next morning wanted to do some sightseeing but the cost to get downtown was over $150. The breakfast was good, lots of options. Nothing about this place stood out though.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Nadi, Fiji
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had a 15-hour transit in KL. This hotel was suggested to me by one of the travel agents located outside the arrivals terminal. Despite being a 'airport hotel', they did not provide airport transfers and it cost me 30RMB with the airport taxi to get there. The staff were very unhelpful. When I inquired about booking a taxi to return to the airport at night, they told me their cost would be 60RMB! It was lucky that the taxi that dropped me in the morning had given me his card so I called them up to pick me up for 40RMB. I had also asked them to drop me to Salak Tinngi train station and pick me up, and they charged me 15RMB one way. I understand the business aspect and all but I felt they were ripping off their guests.

The rooms were old and musty. The bed was covered with a sheet and a blanket thrown over it. No extra sheets or quilt cover frills etc. Bathroom was usable. I did not try the food.

Stay here only if you can't get a booking anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Measham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We were put up here by Malaysia airlines after they delayed our flight. We checked in at 1am in the morning and if we had not been so knackered we would have walked away. Service was ok and breakfast was edible if you like chicken porridge. We had the toast that was ok. The reception area was alright but the rooms were? Carpets and curtains were filthy bed sheets looked clean however you could see the stained mattress below I choose to sleep top of the bed. Bathroom was usable but Very tired. This hotel needs a serious upgrade. I am glad that we didn't take in our luggage. I must the staff they were helpful. However this is the worst and most uncomfortable hotel that I have ever stayed in. What I saw of Malaysia makes me think that I never want to return.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank balddove
Singapore
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A group of 12 booked 3 rooms for it's nearby proximity to the Sepang F1 circuit where A State of Trance and Future Music Festival was held. The hotel is fairly okay for a few night's rest. The toilets and beds were clean but still don't expect too much from it.

If they could only exercise abit of flexibility to be able to switch us to a connecting room when there were vacancies, i would have given them one more star, but sadly they did not. Room service took half an hour to arrive and that did not satisfy the after party tummies but overall it was still worthwhile if you're on a minimum budget. Do visit the few local foodfare beside the hotel as they are capable of whipping up delicious dishes.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 March 2013

MY wife and I have just got back from the 2013 Malaysia F1 GP where we stayed here for one night.......I have to be honest, one night is enough....it is a basic big hotel....we arrived in the evening after Quali at the circuit and they only had a twin room or a smoking room left as the hotel was full for the Grand Prix.....the staff were friendly enough and they showed us both rooms...as it turned out the smoking room was not too bad and didn't smell so we took it. We then went for the buffet dinner which was not too good.....food was cold or over cooked. The bed was ok but beware of the AC. you cannot adjust it and the room was freezing by the morning.......Breakfast was not great but maybe because it was full......one big tip though......they put on a bus service in the morning of the Grand Prix to the circuit.....don't take it.....they charge 35 ringots each but if you go outside and down the road you can get a taxi for 50 ringots which is about a £4 saving.......
Overall.........good hotel for the Grand Prix as it is close.....and it is cheap....booked on Agoda for £60 a night for 2 with breakfast......for visiting Malaysia head to KL.......

Room Tip: Ring or email with your exact requirements in advance!!!!