“Simply The Best”

The Club Saujana Resort
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We came to this amazing place to play golf with Go Golfing Australia. We are so very pleased that we came as the experience was to good to be true.Every thing about our stay was 1st class Service .Our room was spotless (clean rooms twice a day.) The staff were the most polite and effeicent we have had for a very long time.Breakfast. any thing that your little tummy desired, and the dinners at night were truely superb.This is truely a top spot to stay and we would recommend it to anyone who wants the BEST EXPERIENCE.(Didnt play good golf but the course was in tip top condition and was so nice to have stayed) Thanks heaps Will see you when we see you Gay and Bruce.

Room Tip: Down stairs near the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed at The Club Saujana only one night - but were really excited about it because it was little splurge on accommodation for this trip. It was more expensive than ANY of the 5 and 6 star hotels in KL, so we were really expecting something incredible. The surrounds were beautiful, but since it was just before Ramadan, the hotel was eerily quiet.
Anyway, the room was beautifully appointed, and the linen was fresh and crisp. Just what was needed after the long flight. But, I was really disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom. There were little blood stains across the bathroom benches (maybe from squashed mosquitoes??), footprints in the shower, hair in the glass... and the area around the bathtub just needed to be wiped down. I guess I expected more given what we were paying. The buffet was great, and the facilities looked fantastic - worthwhile staying longer. I hope, for the sake of this hotel, that this bathroom was just an exception rather than the norm. It just tainted everything... :(

Room Tip: Allow enough time to get to and from the airport. It is a good 45min away!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We had a great stay way back in March. And since we loved it so much we returned last April.

The room was very cozy. You don't get that "biz" feeling that when you see the desk, the first thing that would come to mind would be work.

The feather pillows were heavenly, it made us slept like a log.
Towels and bathrobes were also just right.

The room was spacious except for the toilet. It may seem a little cramp especially when you push the door, it would kinda hit the water closet. But other than that, everything was fantastic.

The bar was impressive and elegant. So far it was one of the best bars I have ever seen.

We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The food was good and I am particularly fond of their smoked salmon, the best I have ever tasted.

The staff were very friendly and attentive.

Though, a suggestion with the toiletries would be the toothbrush. On our April visit, I forgot to bring my toothbrush and I assumed that they have one. But as we arrived, I remembered that during our March visit they never had it. So, I had to go to the nearest store to buy one.

And another problem with this hotel is that it is hard to book. We tried booking last month for our August visit but unfortunately all rooms were reserved. But nevertheless, we will try our luck to book again any time soon. We are hoping to book a few more stays before 2011 ends.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

A really great atmosphere and elegance to this resort. The rooms are very well appointed and the staff are really attentive and willing to be helpful.

The food on the other hand is really disappointing. Room service could not get it correct over the three nights I was there.

The qaulity of the meat was truly appalling for both beef and chicken dishes to the point of being barelt edible.

For one room service where I queried about the low level of wine in the glass they attendant wanted to debate with me.

Breakfast at the restaurent was once again a great atmosphere, but the quality of a simple omlette as not up to grade, basically it wasn't cooked and the chef didn't know what a fetta and arugala omlette was although in was ont he sign in front of him.

It's a shame that such a great resort would fall short on the qaulity of its food.

I would stay here again because it is so relaxing and the staff are so willing to make you happy. I would just ensure that I ate out next time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Being a leaders club member i was upgraded to a suite ( actually i booked this hotel because it is leading hotel of the world)
The club is a part of the saujana complex ( do not even try the classic saujana because is not worth)
it is very far from downtown but is like to be on holidays in kul.
Rooms has marvellous furniture and bedding. You have complimentary mini bar ( with evian water and luxury beverages), nespresso coffe and complimentary laundry too!!!! It was really amazing because the laundry was top notch.
Pool service was poor, but the pool itself is nice.
Breakfast was really good and room service was nice and really affordable ( in us dollars)
there is not a lot to see and do in kul except shooping and the saujana is a good deal.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I originally booked this hotel online via their 'direct' online reservations service, and my first difficulty was with the reservations service. I initially booked three nights at the neighbouring Saujana Hotel, not realising that the Club existed. When I discovered the Club and asked the reservations service to change the booking, they said that I would lose my deposit as it was considered a different hotel. I then realised that the reservations service was in fact an independent company called 'Direct With Hotels' - avoid them! Anyway, I just changed the booking to one night to avoid losing my deposit, which also resulted in the reservations service losing 2/3 of the deposit they could have earned.

That aside, when we got to the Saujana Hotel late in the evening, we were informed of a lovely complimentary upgrade to the Club at Saujana, and not only to their Club Room, but to their Deluxe Suite! And not only for one night, but for all three nights! I have absolutely no idea what we did to deserve this, but we are very grateful to the hotel, and we had a lovely stay (of course). I asked if it was because we had held our wedding dinner there 5 years ago the same weekend (hence it was our 5th anniversary), but they didn't seem to know that.

The deluxe suite is huge, and beautifully-designed. There is complimentary Nespresso in the room, and M&Ms, cookies, and peanuts. My husband was a bit worried that the snacks weren't in original packaging (ie. we didn't know how long they had been in the jars for) but I wasn't too bothered. The toiletries smelt wonderfully spa-like, and there was a rainshower - um - shower, as well as a giant bath with bath salts and incense oil. We travelled with two young children, and a wooden cot was provided with mini pillows and bolsters for our toddler. Free WiFi was available although I couldn't always connect to this (my husband had no problems). The breakfast was ample, and I especially liked their Belgian waffles with ice-cream. Fresh fruit was in abundance. Unfortunately we didn't get to try the Spa facilities!

Staying at the Club allows you access to all of Saujana Hotel's amenities too, so having young kids, we spent more time at the main hotel's restaurants and pool. Even though the Club was more spa-like, no one really glared at our young noisy kids, and all the staff made us feel very welcome. During the complimentary lounge hour, the kids also enjoyed the drinks (non-alcoholic!) and snacks.

Some feedback for the hotel: Housekeeping certainly needs a bit of tightening up on. Although the rooms are lovely, the housekeepers are rather slack in leaving stains on floors, around bathtubs, on toilet seats, etc. Nothing beats top notch cleanliness, and this WILL leave a stain on your reputation if not improved on!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank trippingpig
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This is a real hidden gem. Only 30 mins from centre of KL and so tranquil. The Club is part of a larger resort with separate hotel and golf course, but you don't realise it unless you head in that direction. The Club pool is lovely, 33m long and the best sun beds I've seen. Unlike many hotels in Malaysia that claim to give good service, The Club really does, thanks to the excellent management of Ian, Pat and the team. Adjoining The Club is the Saujana Spa. The treatment rooms are excellent and the whole experience is so relaxing. It is like staying at a private club. For someone who lives in KL, it's a great escape. Subang airport is 10mins away, so easily reached from Singapore too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Cyberjaya
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
#4 of 50 in Petaling Jaya

Been to The Club Saujana Resort? Share your experiences!