“Nice hardware, not too good software”

The Club Saujana Resort
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Hong Kong, China
“Nice hardware, not too good software”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Saujana Resort was previously named Hyatt Saujana and if I am not wrong it was opened in the year 1985 or 1986. We often stay in this hotel with my 2 boys, 2 to 3 times a year from 1989-1997 and have such great memories of the hotel. We haven't been back since and this is our first stay since the change over of management.
We are at The Club wing and my son is over at the hotel wing. The amenities are the same at The Club and the hotel rooms, just different packaging. Thankfully we are not facing the car park so we have lovely view of the lap pool and my son's view overlook the main swimming pool and the driving range. Internet connection is great.
The breakfast at The Club has a lesser choice but the quality and service is way better than at the hotel wing. The coffee shop has more variety of breakfast selection but the service and quality of the food is not something that I would look forward to every morning.
The Manager was very accommodating to allow my son to join us for breakfast at The Club, which is helpful as we will be staying here for 6 nights.
It is rather quiet at The Club area and it doesn't feel like the occupancy rate is high.
The staff requires more training though. Yesterday we had breakfast at The Club. The service was excellent and the was good. The soft boiled egg was cooked perfectly.
This morning we decided to try the coffee shop for breakfast. I asked for the bottled honey which was served at The Club but was told that I can't have it as they don't serve it in the coffee shop. I asked if i needed to get it from The Club by myself and the girl smiled and nodded her head. The coffee shop was not busy at all, besides us there was another hotel guest. I headed back to The Club and came back with my honey.
Then I ordered my soft boiled egg, totally forgot about it and collected it from the counter 6 minutes later. Mind you, at that time, it was still us and another guest in the coffee shop so it wasn't really busy at all. The egg could have been brought over to me instead of being left on the counter, uncovered. I did not enjoyed my soft boiled egg as the chef had poured the egg into a bowl, placed it on a plate with an added small plate of soy sauce. The soft boiled egg was undercooked and cold. Overall the food was not as tasty at the coffee shop. I will return to The Club tomorrow for my perfect egg.
Yesterday we made a reservation for a massage at the Spa and the staff called us to confirm the time and booking. We arrived just now to discovered that the staff had not made a booking for us and the time slot we had booked for was not available. What a disappointment!
I hope the staff will learn to be more helpful and attentive to their jobs.

Room Tip: I am in Rm 123. It is a quiet room and faces the small lap pool. There is no clothes line in the toi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed as a family at the premium room. We had a lot of space, a nice big bathroom. Staff was very friendly and the service level was outstanding. They supplied a baby bed for or 8-month old son. Overall all was fine. We would stay again here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BelindaLeong, Executive Assistant Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear slehma,

It is truly awesome to know that you had a fine stay with us and your positive comments towards the staff friendliness and service level will certainly motivate the staff to the highest level.

We look forward to your return for another memorable stay when your travels bring you back to KL!

Granollers, Spain
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Even i only spent 2 nights at the hotel, it will be my choice for all my future trips to KL.
Excellent location, incredible environment, and superb people, from reception to restaurant.
When you wake up and look at the gardens, this is something amazing.
Internet connection also excellent everywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
BelindaLeong, Executive Assistant Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear angelmar73,

Thank you for this fantastic review.

I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the short 2 nights stay at the hotel and you found the location, environment and people from reception to restaurant excellent and superb.

Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur. I would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience here at The Club Saujana Resort!

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I spent in the Club almost 2 month while travelling for business, the Staff if really welcoming and all the people does its best to satisfy your needs.
Fully deeped in the green, you can enjoy two big Swimming Pools, a Sauna and a Gym, three different restaurant and an excellent breakfast.
Rooms are big, quite and really clean; each room in the Club also have an italian Espresso Coffee Machine.
5 minutes far from the Subang Airport, 40 minutes from the centre of Kuala.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
BelindaLeong, Executive Assistant Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Andrea83Chiara87

Thank you very much for a very positive review. Your positive comment on the staff's warmth and welcoming hospitality will certainly motivate them to the highest level.

I am delighted that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the two distinctively unique and large swimming pools, the Sauna and Gym facility, three different specialty restaurants and the excellent breakfast and the large and spacious room. We are indeed happy you also found the in room Coffee Machine of good use.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of your return for another memorable stay soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend, to get away from the endless renovation in my neighborhood.

And boy did I get my share of peace & quiet (& sleep zzz ...)!!!

I requested for a quiet room when I made my booking. This is a request that is not always obliged - in fact sometimes totally ignored (we are full today, quiet rooms have king beds but you asked for twin beds, all our rooms are quiet, blablabla). But in this case, I really got my really quiet room!

I also requested I did NOT need housekeeping during my 2-day stay. This is for two reasons: one, I do not like people meddling with my stuff and two, for environmental consideration I do not require change of bedsheets/towels/etc. Again, this is a request that is not always obliged. But it was done according to my wish at this hotel!

The overall service of staff is great too, from front desk to waiters. They are well trained, hospitable and professional. While waiting to be checked in, I was led to the lounge & served a glass of juice - a very very welcome gesture on a 34-degree afternoon!

Availability of hi-speed wifi throughout the premise is definitely a plus.

The live band at RP is very good. So is the DJ with his nice selection of songs (Paula Abdul's Straight Up, anybody?)

I ate all my meals during my stay there (not just at The Club but at Saujana Hotel too). This is the area where I feel they can improve on. Breakfast at The Restaurant was great, delicious, vast selection & quality items.

But other meals at the various restaurants throughout the premise were only passable. Not bad, but should be better to match the quality of the rest of this hotel.

Nonetheless, if I ever have the need, I will definitely stay at The Club again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank yasumi999
Dear yasumi999,

It is indeed inspiring to know that our colleagues took good care of you and you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback on our service will certainly motivate our colleagues to the highest.

We are happy you found the breakfast at The Restaurant great, delicious, had vast selection and quality items and we have duly noted on your feedback in regards to the other meals at various restaurants need improvement and will certainly make necessary adjustments in this area.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for yet another exceptional stay in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights for attending conference.The resort is huge,spacious and with good landscape.Good and spacious meeting rooms and conference room.
Service was good and prompt.Breakfast spread was ok and with limited options for Indian vegetarians.For other meals,Indian food was arranged which was good.

Room was nice,spacious and clean.Bed was comfortable.

Metro Train station (Kelana Jaya) was within 15 mins taxi drive from hotel.Good shopping mall within reach by Taxi (TECSO).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BelindaLeong, Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Maddy S

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Club Saujana Resort and we thank you for the kind words on our rooms, service and facilities.

The hotel is surrounded by 150 acres of tropical forest and landscaped gardens, something our guests enjoy, as the lush surroundings gives the property a resort like feel even though we are located in the city.

We apologise that there were limited vegetarian options available for the breakfasts and for any inconvenience that may have caused. However, we are glad that your request for Indian food for your other meals, was to your satisfaction.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had our wedding (solemnization) at The Saujana Club and were given the biggest room (Executive Suite perhaps) for the Bridal Suite. Several rooms at the Club were booked for family and friends too, and our stay were nothing short of fantastic. All of us had a great time and hospitality rendered was excellent. My home is only 7 minutes away but never knew a little heaven like this so close to home existed until our wedding. Wish we could stay longer, and more often.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
#4 of 45 in Petaling Jaya
The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Been to The Club Saujana Resort? Share your experiences!