“A One Night Stay”
Review of Hotel de Art

Hotel de Art
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Shah Alam
Reviewed 26 June 2013

At 1st good location (nearby i-city), good impression from the hotel outlook and reception service, welcome drink, good security access, special design in every room; but we find out that when night time is bit hard to sleep well due to sound proof weak, due to business purpose we check out at the next day morning 6am, but having billing problem with the receptionist (maybe he was dreaming). Conclusion: May have a visit for this hotel for future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
JennyLiow, General Manager at Hotel de Art, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Greetings AnthonyGoh,

Thank you for choosing Hotel de ART as your preferred stay during your business trip and we appreciate your time in posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad that you've enjoyed our hospitality and services and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Do choose a different theme next time for a different experience!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I booked De Art for 1 night in May. We intended to stay overnight because we have a wedding on the next day nearby the hotel. Probably it's a school holiday, or not I find that the rate is expensive. But, consider the look of every rooms the website publish I thought this hotel would be nice. Check in is fast. I don't have a problem with parking. I hoped to get a room in same building with reception, but I didn't and it's quite frustrating. The other building where my room is located didn't have elevator. Instead, we need to carry our bags and sons to 2nd floor which is tiring. My room is at the corner of the floor. Surprisingly, it's so small for triple sharing. I admit, it's very nice room but sooo small. They don't even have a closet. Most reviewers said it suitable for business traveler. How would you tell me that triple sharing room would rate RM219net with breakfast of Old Town standard??? Even my son asked, why we had breakfast here? I've been in few hotels that have similar rates with De Art. But, they were worth it. They call De Art a budget hotel, but comparing the rate with room & service, I don't think so. Definitely won't come back here or recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: Wifi is bad Iron Board is suck
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mummy_fiza

Greetings mummy_fiza,

We thank you for your time and appreciate the great feedback - this level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

We apologize for the lack of elevator in our second block and we are sorry to hear that you have to carry the luggage to the second floor. We have already addressed this issue by asking our staff (at hotel and restaurant) to lend a helping hand to our guests anytime they need help. Regarding the lack of a wardrobe in the room, we figured we have to maximise space in the room hence providing clothe hooks instead in the room. And as for the breakfast please be assured that we have already added more variety to our breakfast menu.

Please contact my office directly for your future stays.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Hotel and room looks new as of 2013. Similar to many other budget hotels, this hotel is actually a shop lot modified as a 3 floor hotel (ground level has no guest rooms AFAIK) with a single lift. As the name implies, this hotel is decorated in stylish and art theme, which suits well for a budget hotel. I was given a 'Lady Gaga' room, with 2 portraits of her. Overall, nice and cute room. Free breakfast and some food vouchers for nearby restaurant are also given (but expensive restaurants). Situated in Section 7 Shah Alam, it's very near to i-city and thus there are lots of shops& services nearby. WiFi available. Parking lot is abundant though those are actually under the local municipal (DBSA) except only 2 slots reserved for the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Greetings SolahYusuf,

Thank you for choosing Hotel de ART as your preferred stay during your visit to Shah Alam.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as we always place a priority on customer satisfaction.

We appreciate your kind feedback and am looking forward to seeing you again if you ever visit Shah Alam again. Do choose a different theme next time for a different experience!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My parents came to town to surprise the birthday boy. It was literally a full house at my place so my sister booked a room at this hotel on the shortest of notices. The staff were very accommodating.

For a 2-year-old hotel, the lobby looks brand new. The concept of the hotel is quite interesting, with quirky names given to each and every room. My parents were very happy when we got to our room, it was spacious, clean and cosy. I know someone who would appreciate the shower head (big and high up, like you are showering in the rain!) There is no kettle in the room, but we were fine as we were leaving early the next morning.

The hotel provides ASTRO in each room and free wifi. Complimentary breakfast is provided too in Hailam Kopitiam.

Although we were near to the main street, plus the Hailam Kopitiam downstairs, we slept soundly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Travelling_Fish87,

Thank you for staying with Hotel de ART during your visit to Shah Alam. My team and I are extremely happy to read of your delightful stay at our ART rooms and are honoured to have shared a memorable occasion with your family as well. We place high priority on our rooms cleanliness and comfort, many guests are happy with our large shower heads as well! Please be assured that we have addressed the issue with the kettle. We have also installed hot and cold water filters on every floor for the convenience of our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and my look forward to serving you very soon. Do choose a different theme next time for a different experience!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Rooms are ok , service , cleanliness , location are acceptable . At usd47 per room per night is slightly expensive for a budget hotel , though they tried to be exclusive by decorating each room differently with ' a theme ' . My room was a ' chinese design ' while my children got ' an elvis presley ' room . Breakfast included was a ' minor menu ' worth usd3 . Rooms facing the lake is ok ( a small man-made lake with a small park ) Rooms facing the backlane provide you with a dirty look and a noisy back-kitchen of the neighbouring restaurant. There is nothing interesting to do in Shah Alam , unless you have some personal matters to attend , strictly for a 1 night stay . About 5 minutes drive is the I-City complex - nothing to shout about , just another large amusement park with colour lights at night.

Room Tip: book a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mohzan
JennyLiow, General Manager at Hotel de Art, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Greetings Mr Mohzan,

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel.

We apologize for the noise from the back alley and seek your understanding. We have communicated this problem with the nearby restaurant owners and politely asked them to lower down their noise after 10pm. Hopefully this issue will not occur again during your next stay.

Shah Alam is a fast-growing city and many tourist attractions have been around waiting to be discovered. Apart from i City there is the Bukit Cahaya Agricultural Park (the world's largest agricultural park at 1290 hectares), the beautiful Blue Mosque and the new Uptown at Section 24 (an exciting outdoor night market with more than 400 stalls). Our front desk staff will be happy to guide you on the places you might find interesting in Shah Alam.

Do choose a different room theme for a different experience next time when you are back in Hotel De Art. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I booked two rooms (lakeview)with one single bed +one queen bed two weeks b4. When we reach there they gav us two rooms with one queen bed n suggest us to take extra bed. After complained only they change to three rooms with queen bed but no more lakeview. One of the staff said the lakeview is more expensive. Hello... When we booked online the price n the type of room is there,is the online price cheated or ur hotel cheated ? When go inside the room, the bedsheet nt change there r hairs on the bed. Toilet is nt clean n wet on the floor. The cups is dirty got coffee stains inside. The rooms even got mosquitoes n red ants. I didnt put my expectation too high but its spoiled my holiday moods. Will nt recommed to frens n family !!!

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank ttlim

Greetings ttlim,

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

I have also personally sent you an apology email. We understand this has marred your impression about our hotel but we sincerely hope you would give us an opportunity to make amends and let us welcome you back.

Once again thank you for your review. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 27 January 2013

This is a budget hotel so I dont expect much. Surrounding environment is clean, few shop lots at the same building. Total spent for this room was RM148 (including tax) for Superior 2 single bed including breakfast voucher for 2 person. Kinda small but still ok. I love the wall paper design. Flat screen tv with variety channels, free wifi in hotel room, room service, kettle, mugs, and 2 instant Nescafe sachets. Has elevator. So dont worry bringing your heavy bags

Toilet was clean. Hot shower provided.

The hotel is next to cafe. You can call to order food then they sent to your room. However, when you redeemed your breakfast voucher, only 4 meal choices. Nasi lemak, roti bakar, bun roti bakar, or sandwiches plus coffee or tea. I hope they have few more variety selections.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karipapsayur
JennyLiow, General Manager at Hotel de Art, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Greetings Karipapsayur,

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel - very happy to hear you had a great experience but most importantly our services and facilities meet with your expectations. I see you have stayed in African Fire themed room, and thanks for posting up the wonderful pictures!

We are working on the breakfast menu and rest assured there will be more choices the next time you return. You are most welcome to choose other room theme in your next stay!

Manager