“Not a good stay!”

Ranked #12 of 33 Shah Alam B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not a good stay!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at I-City Hotel last weekend for a night. Firstly, I would have never stayed at this hotel if I did not have a running event to participate in the next day. I-City is developing as the main tourist attraction in Shah Alam currently with the Opening of the Red Carpet, Malaysia's first wax museum, the Trick Art Museum, Water World and etc. But I would humbly request I-City Hotel to upgrade themselves if they want to live up to I-City's pride in tourism. In appearance, the hotel is good. The main issues are the noise levels, breakfast and housekeeping.

The partition of the rooms are really uneven. My brother and I stayed at Room 404 and my parents Room 407. Room 404 is really terrible. Even a whisper in the labyrinths can be heard and it was difficult for me to sleep as I needed to be awake by 5.30am to attend my run at 7am. I personally feel that the management should fix this problem.

Next, I feel the breakfast time is too short. Currently, the breakfast time is from 7am to 9am and the breakfast choices are very limited. I personally feel that it should have a variety of choices and have longer times.

Housekeeping is also another issue as the person in-charge of the front desk also did the housekeeping. However, the room was clean when I checked-in. The bed was good, air-conditioning was functioning but the door is very problematic. It requires strength to close it tight. And due to this, the door is slammed by many guests. For Room 404, it is difficult to do it. Room 407 was easy though. In addition, the bed sheets were good too.

Despite the stay was only one night for me, I would still recommend that if someone wants to stay in the I-City area even for a night, please find another hotel nearby as I-City Hotel still lacks it's finest.

I hope that the management will look into these issues and rectify it because the I-City area does attract thousands of tourists especially last weekend.

Room Tip: Get an executive room because it has a window.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Harryke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were 4 and booked family room with 2 Queen Beds for one night. We were damn tired after having long travel way far from Phuket, Thailand to Malaysia via Train. We arrived in morning, however check-in time was 2pm, therefore we had to pay extra RM50 just for 3hrs (seems not welcoming start). I-city hotel is an only operator in I-city, hence they have monopoly there. Room conditions were not up to mark as there were mosquito and dust in room. Lights in bathroom were fluctuating and water pressure was not good, AC was also poor. The best thing is that they have chilled drinking water on every floor. For those who want to visit i-city, this hotel is good place else would not recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HanifAli
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 May 2013

- Awful experience!!
- Terrible stay at this hotel!
- Room to small and it was a very unpleasant stay, would not recommend it to no one, very bad hotel room.
- Poor service, bad buffet breakfast (Bad service and worst buffet breakfast!)
- A high rate for a budget hotel
- Air-condition was very warm
- "Free parking" promotion??!! I feel being cheated!! unfortunately, have to pay RM5 for the parking! :(

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank MrMax1469

Travellers are raving about these Shah Alam hotels

seremban
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We spent a night in a family room. It was a weekday. Non busy . Rooms was okay for the set-up.
1 king and 1 queen bed for RM189. It was quite a high rate for a budget hotel though.
Air-cond was a slow starter. Warm,warm, cold at last. Breakfast for 4 was provided, however, plain noodles, a set of bread , jam and margarine just that.....anti climax! Hospitality was a so,so.. Don't get caught by the "free parking" hype on the buntings. You'll finally have to pay for a RM5 when leaving... That's JANJI TAK DITEPATI...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank SerembanArif1960
Preston
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Just came back from 2D/1N stay at I City Boutique Hotel in Shah Alam.

The room:
Very dusty! My boys were coughing during the night and on the next day, my eldest got asthma attack!

The toilet:
Poor ventilation and and very bad smell.

The bedding:
Surprisingly quite comfortable despite restless night (as my boys had a non stop coughing)

The breakfast:
We stayed in triple room and hence we received complimentary breakfast for 3. We had 3 plates of plain and miserable looking 'mihun' and 6 pieces of not-so-toast bread.

The location:
Very convenient to Water Park and snowalk (only 5 minutes walks) and if you stay here, you will avoid the long queue to enter the I-City lights park.

Room Tip: None as the hotel is in the middle of attraction. You can even hear people having fun downstairs at...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Addyra
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 December 2012

this is the only hotel inside i-city. probably will be the most convenience place but if you are driving, there are few other hotel outside i-city which look much better.
The lady receptionist is abit blur. She cant find our booking, cant read the online reservation print out and gave us lower room than we paid for. The hotel is totally budget. Small room, very dim lights, not so cold aircond. The water shower has a great pressure though, and the water heater works very well. They offer wireless internet for free, but the signal is extremely lousy with no wifi connection most of the time. They also offer free breakfast, but it just "super plain" fried oily yellow noodle, white bread, margarine on a bowl, and sugar. There is old town coffee shop beside the hotel, but its only open at 11am. The hotel also offer free parking, but you gotta walk all the way down to basement car park to get the ticket scan. After scan, you need to quickly exit or else it will be expired. After 6pm, access to the hotel car park is closed. You need to park at the theme-park multi-storey car park and queue together with the theme-park visitor. It'll probably need an hour or more to finally can park the car (depends on timing).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family