Grand Bluewave Hotel Shah Alam
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hotel Laman Seri(Shah Alam)
View Hotel
All reviewsspacious roomcertified halaldecent hotelfamous mosqueflat ratemins walk awayhotel locatedjapanese restaurantking size bedf bbusiness tripshopping mallearly checkpleasant staymosque viewcoffee shopbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Possibly the dirtiest, roughest hotel I have stayed in years. The rooms needed a lot of work, the furnishings were old and worn. The staff on the front desk were helpful and pleasant, but that was all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank QameaOwner
Reviewed 10 May 2014

i like this hotel cause is very near with shopping mall . and bank , just walk 5 minute from hotel . the restaurant is very clean , staff is very freindly ilke it .
outstanding staff mr lam , cik izudim kak . ina , raihan miss you both of them so freaindly . iwill be back there for hponeymonn at 28 years old . and also the best capt . raimy he is very freindly

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ewapranata p
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My sis and I stayed here because we entered Malaysian Women Marathon and we glad we took this room cause the event is just down the road from this hotel. ☺️

I love the interior in the room. A have that classic hotel room. Nice.
A bathroom and room are spacious and clean.

The cons of this hotel is, there
are no place to go from this hotel
by foot.

Since we dont have voucher with the breakfast, I found that the breakfast are a bit pricey for foods that aren't many variety.

Overall, its a good stay.

It's a good stay overall.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank shareenadean
Reviewed 17 April 2014

it is a nice place to stay for a business conference as the place is near to the town of shah alam. we stayed in a Premier Executive Room which is big and spacious . couldnt ask for more. their workers are also expert in handling their housekeeping each time. its worth to go.

Room Tip: executive room is much spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

There are certain things that get a hotel an instant 1 star rating. Grand Blue Wave seems like a nice place to stay, and I thought so on my first night here as the room initially looked decent. But by day five I considered my need to leave dire.

They brand themselves as a western "international class" hotel.

Day one the room was nice, the staff polite and they speak English. On day two I found someone else's worn socks under my bed. Gross. On day three I noticed that the underside of my blanket have what look like urine stains (hell I hope its only urine). Again, gross.

On day four my coworker and I asked where the hotel bar was, and they tell us this is a Muslim hotel and there is no alcohol allowed. Not just no bar, but no alcohol allowed. I am aware of the local culture in the area, but how can you brand yourself as an "international class" hotel and not have alcohol.

On day five, as I was going to sleep I turned one of my pillows over. Blood Stains. Instant one star rating. It is painfully obvious that they only clean the rooms on the surface and don't even look under the bed or behind furniture. I don't know if they ever wash their bedding. This is one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever had the displeasure of staying at.

Aside from the uncleanliness (it looks clean since they fold the blankets and pillows so their cleaner side is out) the hotel is not as western friendly as they claim as they are a religious-affiliated institution. By western standards Muslim culture is very restrictive. This hotel should NOT be advertised as an international hotel.

The food looks good but really isn't. Breakfast is free and they have a prolific choice of food, but it is all mediocre. I got dinner in the hotel on my last day, and I am fairly certain the same rolls served at breakfast made an appearance at dinner. Same shape and size, just stale and hard. They have so many employees manning the restaurant (more employees than patrons when I had dinner) but they still managed to provide poor service, taking them 15 minutes to get me water and making me stack my (buffet) plates before they came and took them away.

The internet, while free, is extremely spotty. It was impossible to use Skype even in audio-only mode. The connection dropped constantly even when I was sitting at the desk. When it worked it was very slow. At least it did not seem to be government censored, as was the internet at the location I was working at.

The TV is from the 80s. There is nothing to do in the hotel as there is no bar, and KL is an hour away if going during peak hour (30min by cab if non-peak). Overall this place puts up a facade of being a western international hotel but they have not the cleanliness or services to actually support that claim. I will never stay in this hotel again which is not a problem, as there are many other hotels in the area and many more currently in construction.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business