“Dated, a few kinks to be improved”

Dorsett Grand Subang
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were greeted by a courteous bellboy who helped us with the luggage.

Upon entering the hotel, it does give a feeling of grandeur, but definitely in need of a major facelift as it doesn't quite fit in this era. Hotel bar is located to the left, functional but again, dated. I think the hotel is previously known as the Sheraton.

We were booked into the standard room on M floor (L3), same level as the function rooms but on the other wing, no issues with noise as it's really peaceful. However my room had ants crawling on the bedside table and occasionally on my bed. A bit annoying, however my colleague's room was fine.

Common issues we had was the extremely yellow water out of the tap for the shower, toilet bowl and vanity. The smell of rust was quite prominent. I actually have a photo of the running yellow water from the tap but decided not to post it. Used the bottled water for brushing teeth.

Gym, jacuzzi, swimming pool were located at the ground floor. Only used the gym which is fully equipped, very satisfied.

Breakfast spread is abundant, but lack the yummy factor. Enough to get your morning going I supposed.

There are a few Japanese restaurants in the vicinity of the area, and a tasty mamak shop opposite opposite it. Good value and delicious. We did walked about 1-2km perpendicular to the viaduct to a more built-up area for Chinese food stalls. Lots of shishas too.

All in all, other than the ants and dirty water from the tap, this hotel would have been a thumbs up for me. The shuttle from the hotel to Sunway pyramid is a plus for those bored of the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DorsettGrandSubang, Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Austin J,

Thank you for highlighting the issues to us; we appreciate all our guests that took time off to review our Hotel. We are in the midst of completing our soft renovation to our rooms and it will be completed by end of this year.

We have also forwarded your complain to the Housekeeper to look into the matters and rest assured that our Hotel is committed to providing the highest standards in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

5 days staying here feels like home.
The room is comfortable, so helpful staff, delicious breakfast and strategic location. Worth for value. I got my room electricity drop in the middle of the night at my 3rd night stay, maybe caused by a short cut on the lamp bulb. I was so scared as I stayed alone. But the staff came to my room not more than 5 min after I call the receptionist. He fix it and I can go to sleep then. Nice service...

Room Tip: Little bit noise to stay in the 1st floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Santi_TD,

Thank you for taking time off to review our hotel and we value your comments and suggestions to help us to serve our guests better. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do come back and stay in our hotel again for your next visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Bed was firm and sheets were clean. Facilities are thoughtful and room spacious. The two issues I had was the TV reception was not great and a little snowy and room to room calls don't seem to work. Overall was satisfied.

Dear kensong59,

With regards to the room TV, please bear with us we are in the midst of upgrading our system to serve our guests better.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel again !

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Strategized Location at Subang Jaya, prone to business environment. Room was clean and meeting expectation. Breakfast provide good variety and choices. Feel comfort when entering to lobby and staffs were friendly and helpful.
Improvement needed base on my experience,
1.Room card access was denied, 3 times I face it. Need better system.
2.Spa facilities need to maintain well, temperature not able to achieve, water was cool.

Overall rating is satisfactory and meeting expectation.

Dear kwleong0831,

Our employees are our pride, we feel truly proud for each and every compliment extended to our hotel employees – they were truly delighted after reading the positive comments.

With regards to the room card access, we have forwarded your comment to our technical team to look into the matter.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Got a good room, all in working order and the bed was just fantastic. Had the much needed rest. Breakfast was standard hotel food, nothing exceptional. Staff were friendly. Parking can be a bit of a problem during working hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear r0s7,

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and that we have made your stay a comfortable one. We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests - we look forward to welcome you back here the very near future!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is in a good location and receptive to business. I stayed here a few times in the standard rooms and I find them to be a bit dated, dirty and worn. It may be best to investigate an upgrade next time. The lobby bar is convenient for a brief chat and a beer, but a bit expensive. The breakfast is also very expensive- on my last stay, I had a cup of coffee and was charged about 40 Ringgit! Overall, I enjoy my stay as the staff is friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear SeducedByTheSea,

Thank you for taking time off to review our hotel, we are sorry that our Hotel didn’t meet your expectation during your last stay. We would like to take this opportunity to inform our valued guests that we are in the midst of completing our soft renovation to our rooms and it will be completed by end of this year.

With regards to your comment on the charges on our house coffee, we have always maintain the charges per cup @ RM20 (plus service & govt tax), which is a standard hotel charges.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've been staying this hotel for nearly a decade (formally a Sheraton) about 5 or 6 times a year. My last visit needs to be reviewed. I was allocated a room in the 'old' tower which was not worthy of this hotel's status. The shower rail was lying in the bath, the bathroom was tired and mouldy and although the room was certified PureClean the certificated inspection was over a month out of date. Yes there was a new flat screen TV since I was last there but overall it was a shabby experience. Staff at the front desk were pre-occupied and have forgotten how to smile. There is a plentiful variety at breakfast but it lacks any appetite appeal. Restaurant staff are too busy to acknowledge you and the outside breakfast area - a nice idea - was unmanned and you could not get any of the food on offer.
I stay at this hotel because it is close to my business but it makes me wish there was somewhere else to go. The 'refurbished' tower is modern, looks clean and it is advisable to pay the premium to stay in one of these rooms.
My stay was definitely not up to standard so come on Grand Dorsett - time to treat your (corporate) guests with some respect.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the refurbished tower
1  Thank 466DavidW
DorsettGrandSubang, Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear David W,

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate guests who take time to let us know about their experience staying at our Hotel.

We are very sorry to hear of your recent disappointment in our Hotel, we assure you that customer satisfaction is our top priority and we want the service at our Hotel to reflect the principle. We have forwarded your comments to the respective person-in-charge to investigate and respond accordingly. With regards to your comment on our Pure Rooms' certification, it has already been rectified accordingly.

We want to thank you for your continuous patronage and bringing these concerns to our attention. We certainly do not wish to lose you as our valued corporate guest. We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Subang Jaya
#1 of 51 in Petaling Jaya
Summit Hotel Subang USJ
Summit Hotel Subang USJ
#8 of 11 in Subang Jaya

Been to Dorsett Grand Subang? Share your experiences!