I have selected Tanjong Jara as my honeymoon destination once I saw my friend's sis posted nice photos of it. Up to my expectation, this resort is absolutely worth my every cent.
We drove around 5 1/2 hours from klang valley to tanjong jara. When we reach, we got a refreshing welcome drink and wet towel from the staff which welcomed us immediately. After finalising our booking and explaining to us the package details, we were brought into our room. We stayed in Anjung room which is superbly spacious, clean and comfortable. I love the scented aromatherapy oil they put on in the room, very refreshing. Very spacious bathroom area with more than enough towels. Moreover, their outdoor bath is very relaxing with its green nature surrounding.
The food was really really good. First of all, lunch is at Nelayan Restaurant which is facing the sea. Their air-cond and fan is set to the right temperature where we experience the natural wind blowing without feeling the heat from scorching hot sun. We were so comfortable having lunch there till we sat and chatted for an hour more before leaving the restaurant. For breakfast and dinner, we had it at Di Atas Sungei Restaurant in which the verandah area was very comfortable. Overall the food quality is at its best and cooked fresh. *thumbs up*
And the teratai pool (quiet pool) is my favourite spot where we can enjoy tranquility of its natural surrounding with free flow of iced water and the pool is clean too.
Overall we had a great honeymoon with this resort and very happy with their services, facilites and room. It's a definite place to go for holiday if you have yet to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Terengganu, Malaysia - Dungun