Wonderful holiday at this resort in late April/early May 2014. Our first holiday with a 10 month old. The staff could not have been more helpful. The Serambi room was perfect and the food was wonderful. I love the idea of an open menu where chef Ann thinks of what to cook based on what your personal dietary requirements are. Despite being quite fussy about food, I was amazed at how Ann always conjured up something new and exciiting every day. The other chefs - Florent and Wong were just as helpful and even made food for us to take on the plane for our long journey home. I noted that the hotel had a lot of guests who had been there before which is always a good sign. The tour guide Zaul was brilliant as well. I cannot fault the effort that the staff make and the spa is fantastic as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Terengganu, Malaysia - Dungun