Stayed 2 nights on the package deal. Went at a time when hotel was full, very hard to get tanning chairs at the pool AND the beach, as everyone plonks their things, goes for brekky/lunch, so if you dont book early, you wont get a deck chair. The room is ok, had some trouble with the plug for our long bath. Plus when we tried to look out the window to the sea, our view wasnt very clear as they dont really clean the windows on the outside. Having stayed at the other YTL property, Pangkor Laut Resort, we much preferred that one, that also had two beaches to choose from (Emerald beach, which is a short distance from the resort). Food - try the Satay at the Nelayan cafe, its reli good. We had a little visitor in front of our room, a small snake, which meant we were reli close to nature, plus squirrels and a huge monitor lizard (d one that swims too). The Spa has a very interesting menu, and a lovely entrance leading to it. If you have a long wait for your flight on the last day, get a gud driver to take you around and to the market (Pasar Payang) to buy crackers, salt fish and fruits. Sotong celup (deep fried squid, fish) is a must to try if you are into seafood. The museum is impressive as well, it is the largest in SEAsia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Terengganu, Malaysia - Dungun