Checked in pretty early. Good welcome reception whereby they invited me to have a sit and served me cold towel and welcome drink. Offered breakfast when realized the room wasn't ready which is not their faulth due to my early flight.
Nice resort, beautiful and I think this is the best in Terengganu. Room was spacious and afford to accommodate a small family because there is a day bed besides the king sized bed in the bedroom. Bathroom was huge too with good amenities.
Pool and the beach are fantastic! Clean and well maintained. Gym was bit 'worn out" as the equiptments were rusty. Water dispenser provided but no paper cups available?
Restaurant was unique. No menu available but the chef would approach you and create a special menu that cater to your appetite! Bravo!
The negative comments about this resort is that I found hairs on the day bed & bathroom. They don't provide toothbrush or shaver in the bathroom. When called Housekeeping to get those amenities, the lady said " You may get the toothbrush at our gift shop", promised to send the shaver but it took nearly an hour to deliver despite several calls made as reminder. Finally, a lady sent THREE shavers to me! Very generous! Found a towel with stains too which I don't think it should happens in a luxury resort.
Overall, this is a nice resort especially meant for honeymooners! Ideal place to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Terengganu, Malaysia - Dungun