“Tanjong Vista Stay”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Kuala Terengganu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Tanjong Vista Stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

At 07:45 hours a public announcement was made to the hotel guest in the Malay language. This went on for more than 5 minutes and was very successful at waking me up. After the announcement was made whoever made it decided they did not need to switch the microphone off for a further 10 minutes.
Later I approached the front desk to ask what the emergency was that needed to wake everyone. I was advised that a car was badly parked blocking another cars exit. I asked was it necessary to wake the hotel up for this and received a "you don't understand and how dare you criticize' look.
I have been for the hotel breakfast twice. It looks like it has been cooked by someone who doesn't want to be a cook. The toast jams selection is very modest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SattahipWally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We check-in on 3rd of May for two nights. The receptionist really need to learn how to smile and try to speak to your guest in English. After we got into the room, i went to the washroom and i saw there were amenities bottle in the toilet bowl. The washroom was not clean and there is cockroach running out during my shower~~. Toilet is leaking the whole night ,at times the flush system does not function properly and we have to call maintenance for twice.
TV is surprisingly small, it looks like our laptop screen. Breakfast selection is very limited and again all the service crew have no smile on their face.
I would say that the hotel is not worth the money and is over pricing for the room with this standard of service provided.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lizzie183

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Terengganu hotels

Butterworth, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

I stay here for 3 nights, was given deluxe room, only got shower, no bath tub, room and toilet is clean but did not exceed my expectation. I stay here because felda residence and seri malaysia is full.
The reception is okay but need to smile more often. I hate buffet breakfast here, not much selection, everyday serve tuna curry with nasi dagang.
We were going out with taxi but difficult to find taxi back to hotel. I walked 1km to find dinner while handling 2 kids.the only good thing is tutti frutti is just across the road.
the pool is okay and facing the sea. Pantai batu burok is the nearest attraction.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

i stayed there for 2 nights with my husband & our 2 months old baby. these are the things that i noticed throughout my stay:
- the receptionists really need to smile (namely Mr Shafiq Adli & Mr Firdaus)
- our room is nice, but i wish we had a bathtub. but overall we are satisfied with the condition of the room (we asked for non-smoking room)
- housekeeping, where are you? we ordered food through room service just after checking in on Monday & the dirty plates were not collected until we checked out on Wednesday. the same happened to the room opposite our room
- the tv needs more channels
- breakfast: i'm a coffee person, and i really dislike the coffee that they served during breakfast =(

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Syuhaida M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This hotel actually not too near with pasar payang. But easy to find food/restaurant near this hotel. Facility only basic and small swimming pool. For parking, please park your car in level 1 for easy access to lobby.
My room view at town.
This is basic city hotel.

For the room, Big room and i'm book online RM200 + tax

Room Tip: level 5 it's ok due to lift slow move
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 February 2013

A superior room with a view of the beach, who can say no to that? This hotel is at a great location in Kuala Terengganu where 7Eleven, getting a local dinner and buying some beautiful batik are all within walking distance from the hotel. The room is roomy though the TV might be a little small. Breakfast is OK, yet the indoor swimming pool is small and shallow for adults. Might be great for children or guests with toddlers.
However, I do hope that the staffs at the reception put on an effort to smile. C'mon, what's with those tight faces on a Chinese New Year? ;)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hanna H
malaysia
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time last week.
Called in for room booking a day before my stay. Checking in at 7pm on my arrival, rate informed by front desk varied from during call in reservation. Reason being the rate given to me during reservation was old rate.
Reluctant to give promised rate.

Collected my room key. Reaching my room, inserted the key. Room locked from inside with light on, YESSS, they wrongly issued an occupied room to me. The room guest checked in not long before me.

Checking out the next day at 8am. They searched their drawer and couldn't find my check-in documents.

The next mistake I hope they will not commit is double charging the rate to me. Paid by cash & room deposit verified by credit card.

• Stayed January 2013