“Nice Hotel!”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Kuala Terengganu
Marang, Malaysia
“Nice Hotel!”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel is situated at the heart of Kuala Terengganu, the capital city of Terengganu, Malaysia. This hotel is nice. The staff is very nice and friendly. This hotel is near to the Chief MInister of Terengganu official house and near to Batu Buruk Beach.

Room Tip: Choose the new block room and facing the swimming pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Not sure about other travellers but when my husband & I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March 2012, we had a great time! The breakfast was good, swimming pool is clean & nice (for a 3 star-hotel) and the room & bathroom are both lovely. However, since we stayed at a room in the old wing, we had to walk a little bit to go to the restaurants, gym & pool since these are all in new wing. Not a big deal at all, unless you're the typical Malaysian who consider 50m walk a "long walk'. ;) Recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hanna H
Kuantan, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I checked in 22/11/2012 and this is my 2nd stay//I wanted to go there for the second time bcoz I find the hotel awesome in my first visit few months ago..but this time im in for surprises. The hotel has 2 wings where the old and new..the new one which I stayed my last trip is spanking new where else the one I stayed now, the old wing has the old furniture in place. I can see that the hotel tries its very best to maintain the old wing. but the smell of old furniture is there. everything is still ok but the fact ALOT of cockroaches in the bathroom..,I just hope they do a renovation or refurbishment to the old wing..over all bfast is awesome, and the service is really good.

Room Tip: The new wing is way better!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank da-brat20
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The name of this hotel has actually ben changed with the addition of the new wing. It is now Permai Hotel Kuala Terengganu. I stayed at the new wing for 4 nights as I was conducting a training programme here. The room I got in the new wing was nice, clean and comfortable with a flat screen LCD TV. Essentially good enough for a restful stay. We were served meals in buffet style and it was okay but the choices a very limited. The restaurant was big and bright with reasonable decor. I would recommend it for a business stay as they also provide broadband Wifi access. I was advised that the old wing is still maintained but offers economy lodging.

Room Tip: Choose the new wing as the rooms are complete with modern day amenities however it will cost you app...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed here last April 2012 for three days as this was the conference venue. The room was okay with a flat screen tv and a ref. It was really okay until we discovered that the clogged toilet. We had to report it throughout the duration of our stay and maintenance was able to fix it on the second day. The new building is better so choose rooms here. The staff is okay and accommodating. Hotel food is very pricey with no distinct different from the small store near the hotel which sells the same food for just 2.50 ringgits (compared to the 108 ringgits).

Room Tip: Choose rooms from the new building.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Athan1895870
tucson
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Had to stay here for business trip, and arrangements had been made prior to arrival by company. All I can say is "yuck". The lobby is shiny and nice and that is it. The rest of the place needs a serious updating and cleaning. The first room I was put it smelled of mold so badly I asked to be moved. I dont know if the second was better or my nose just stopped working because it didn't appear any cleaner. Little bugs all over the bathroom, and the towels were so worn you could see through them.
The breakfast and diner were okay with plenty of variety, and the pool was clean. No internet available in the "economy rooms" so had to go to the lobby everyday to do business online.
All in all I believe there are better hotels in KT and hopefully if business takes me there again I will stay elsewhere because until this one is updated I will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Terengganu hotels

Kajang
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I attended a course conducted in this hotel. It is quite a distance from the city centre, so you need to book a cab to go to the town. However, it is very near to the beach where you can find a lot of food stalls there. The hotel was originally with one wing only, and they have added a new wing to the hotel. I felt that those 2 wings represent 2 different 'worlds' as the old wing looks very old and the new one looks very chic and modern. Unfortunately I got the old wing whereas my other colleagues go to stay in the new wing. The breakfast buffet was interesting as they offered plenty of varieties especially on the local food like nasi dagang and nasi kerabu. However, just a bit frustrated that omelette was not available here, just half-boiled eggs. There is no connection from the old wing to the new one, so you need to go to the ground floor first, and it is quite a distance. My course was in the new wing, so when I left the room, I didn't go back to my room. The staffs were okay. I ordered room service while staying here, and the sandwiches were so awesome that I have ordered for it twice! One thing about the room service was after eating, the plates were in my room for 2 days before the housekeeping took them out, but it was still there until I checked out of the room. I guess maybe they just forgot, or it is just too far to take back their plates :) Overall, I would say it is an average hotel

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business