Hotel Grand Continental
Hotel Ming Star(Kuala Terengganu)
US$29
US$25
J Suites Hotel(Kuala Terengganu)
US$55
US$33
Ming Paragon Hotel & Spa(Kuala Terengganu)
US$26
US$18
Duyong Marina & Resort(Kuala Terengganu)
US$102
Travelocity
US$39
US$37
Hotwire.com
US$52
TripAdvisor
Grand Puteri Hotel(Kuala Terengganu)
US$42
TripAdvisor
K.T. Travellers Inn(Kuala Terengganu)
Rimba Hotel(Kuala Terengganu)
TripAdvisor
Hotel K.T. Mutiara(Kuala Terengganu)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstriple family roomfloating mosquedaily newspapercoffee tablebusiness visitcomfy bednice viewstayed one nighthouse keepingmini fridgeironing boardbooked roomsbreakfast spreadcomfortable stayislandchinatownjala
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This is definitely an overprice hotel. Its old and there is moisture smell on the walkway leading to your room. Of course you can view the South China Sea but currently landfill is being carry out in front of the hotel and it is definitely not a nice view at least for half a year. Breakfast is simple, not much choice but food is not bad.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hohohoh
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed for 5 nights over Hari Raya. We had booked into another hotel which turned out to be awful so rebooked with the GC. On arrival our check in was all in order in spite of us only having confirmed 10 minutes earlier. We loved the view of the beach, the size of the room and the good choices at breakfast. Our room was kept spotless.
Over the holiday the staff looked superb in their Hari Raya clothes. One highlight for me was the wonderful coffee and cream cake which tempted me from the glass cabinet.......
We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea and all are well insulated against noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tui12
BobbyAnboselvan62, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Warm Greetings from Hote Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu.

We hope this email finds you well. We are glad to know that your stay with us at Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu was a pleasant and memorable one. And it was very nice of you to penned down on complimenting on my staff on their good service rendered.

We are also glad that we have met your expectations and you have also decided to stay with us a second time around. My staff and I, will be looking forward to welcome you again.

Once again, we at Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu genuinely thank you for your involvement in supporting us to grow from strength to strength. We await your return as our esteemed guest on your next trip and please feel free to write to me directly on your plans and I will be more than pleased to assist in any ways.

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

My wife & I stayed here 3 nights. This is a solid 3-1/2 star hotel. Price was right and a good location, just 10 mins walk to downtown. Our room was on 11th floor with superb views of the sea. This is a quiet city so no problems with traffic noise or party animals. All the staff was marvelous. The room was super comfortable, very clean, and everything worked, etc. The dining room staff were outstanding and did all they could to please us, so we ate there each morning and night. The pool area, though spartan, was very clean and pool water just the right temperature. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
BobbyAnboselvan62, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Warm Greetings from Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia.

We are delighted to have met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for recognizing the subtle attractiveness of the Hotel which is in its location (accessibility on overall at your convenience) and the hospitalibilty of staff that we extend to each of our guests.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for any request at the Hotel or even at any of our properties.

We wish you the best in your business and personal endeavours.

Thank you and best regards.

Bobby Anboselvan

Reviewed 13 July 2011

It is not advisable to be served food in such hotel so long the alcohol section in the restaurant is not totally removed. It was really disappointing as i was eating, i overheard the waiter talking about carlsberg order to a customer few tables away from me. There should be little respect to the frequent comer of this hotel who are mostly muslims. This matter should be highlited to the owner of the hotel and also to the universities and agencies who hold frequent programs in such hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank s0ran
Reviewed 16 June 2011

This particular hotel is covered with the typical-late 80's interior, that I would say, could be typically found at almost all Grand Continental Hotels in Malaysia (you know, the green-cream striped upholstery, bedspread and curtains with hazelnut brown furniture - get the picture?)

Nothing fancy for the porte-cochere as it has none. The drop off area were defined by its internal lay-by of a small foyer. The Lobby was rather small as well - it was quite pack with 2 bus-load of people upon my arrival. The architectural language of the lobby?? I personally think it need a quick dose of refurbishment as it has already outdated.There ain't any designated lift lobby for this hotel, the 'lift lobby' actually opens up to the waiting lounge. I personally preferred a separate designated area for Lift Lobby as it segregate the chaos of waiting lounge or the hotel's lobby. And it was strange having a cake display right next to the lift!

Oh, this hotel was located nearby the famous central market in Kuala Terengganu called Pasar Payang - you would want to go if you are looking for souvenirs or batik or songket..or Terengganu delicacies, PLus, I strongly suggest that you should get your butt out of your room as it has nothing fancy to adore - tv channel was so basic, the room was basic which too my standard of travelling would only suit for one main purpose - sleep ur muscle. So, if you doesn't have any high expectations, this hotel would be a good pick as the rate is quite affordable, but if you are looking more from your stay in hotel than perhaps you should find others than would suit your taste. But hey, I've made it through so, it wasn't that bad.. ;)
Most important of all to my standard, the toilet is clean and the bed doesn't smells..

More on my travelogue of medzz...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
BobbyAnboselvan62, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Warm Greetings from Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu.

We hope this email finds you well. We are glad that your stay with us was a pleasant one.

The hotel receives mixed reviews with regards on the Hotel itself. It boils down to guest expectations whether it is on the exterior or interior. We have taken note on your feedback as how it turn out to be as such it have been taken care through out the years and we are also in the midst of painting the exterior with new coat of paint, we have renovated and replaced with new carpets in all Banquet Halls, Higher Floors and replaced with Flat Screen TV's as well.

I totally agree that we are very centralised in aspects for attractions and whether you are here for Business or Leisure it is an ideal accomodation and most of all, save and clean place.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us and looking forward to welcome you again as
our esteemed guest.

Wishing you and your family the very best in your business and on personal endeavors

Best regards.