Lowest prices for your stay
US$26
US$25
TravelocityUS$26
CheapTicketsUS$26
Trip.comUS$26
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Cleanliness of hotel consider good coz newly hotel.
Value of money, consider expensive, budget style hotel.
Location of hotel, near to airport but far from town area, however opposite Giant Hyper Market.
Wifi not able to connect in the room.
A bit disappointed wz the service provided by hotel after I check out. After check out for 2 weeks, hotel called me & claimed that I didn't make payment for my room. I booked & settled the payment via Agoda.com before I check in. Hotel suppose have to deal with Agoda.com instead of call me directly. If I didn't settle my payment, before check out, should ask me settle the outstanding bill. It had resulted I need to email the proof to hotel. At another 1-2 weeks time, hotel call me again, but I did't answer the call, coz Agoda.com confirmed payment settled. I feel very annoying n irritated for keep on calling me.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank ccliaymchan
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

This is a budget hotel and we stayed for one night between flight and boat. It is very close to the airport and right next to a supermarket with food court (Giant). We had two rooms - one without a window which was tiny. The bathroom in here was only separated by a "privacy" screen.

The window room was larger and had a proper bathroom with a hot shower. The bed was hard and only accessible from one side.

All in all it was intended as a cheap stop over and it served purpose perfectly.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Stayed here in late May 2016 for one night. I booked this hotel by mistake. I thought that this hotel is near Pasar Payang Trengganu.

The room
Room size (Room 208) is too small. The double bed is pushed to the wall beside the toilet. The space beside the bed is narrow too, can only occupy one person (Muslim) to pray. I usually pray together with my husband; this is not possible to do in this room.

There is almost no space to put your luggage too. The only space to put the luggage is beside the dressing table near the toilet door. Be careful when you go out of the toilet to go to your bed; you bound to accidentally kick your luggage. Ouch.

The hotel is quite new. The room is clean, with white sheets and towels, but the carpets in the corridor is quite dirty and it was quite obvious. The pillows are quite hard, but I had a good night sleep when I stayed there; maybe because I was too tired after the very early morning travel.

The room has tea making facilities (electric kettle, cups and saucers, tea bag and coffee). Two bottled water is supplied free of charge daily. There is no mini fridge or safety box.

The toilet is quite small too but adequate. I like the shower – the water that come out of it is focussed and not going all over the place. The water pressure is good.

Iron can be borrowed from the reception but there is no ironing board. You have to iron your clothes on the small dressing table – quite a challenge.

The room rate differs with seasons, slightly more during the school holiday, about RM20 difference.

Location
The location is not good, quite isolated and the nearest place to get food is from the food court in Giant Supermarket, about 10 minutes’ walk. There will be problem if it is raining.
There is no public transportation serving this area. You would have problem to go from one place to another if you don’t have your own vehicle.

Cars can be rent for about RM 90 per 24 hours or RM150 if you rent it form renting company in the airport.

Breakfast is not provided in this hotel and there is no stall selling breakfast near the hotel.

Taxi from Trengganu Airport to Hotel Rimba cost RM20 and it takes about 15 minutes drive. To Pasar Payang the taxi fare is RM25 and takes about 20 minutes. Hotel Rimba to TH Hotel is RM15 by taxi.

Hotel staffs
The receptionist are all Malay and all of them are helpful. However it took a long time for them to provide phone number of car rental company when asked.

Its good that this hotel has no smoking policy and i hope hotel guests will not smoke inside the hotel rooms.

Room tip: Choose room with window, otherwise it can feel very cramped
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Titi Rahmawati H
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

A budget hotel as an alternative to pricey TH Hotel. The hotel is new with free car parking. Near to Giant Mall & Mydin Mall. Clean, cozy & comfortable but weak room WiFi coverage, no mini fridge & no kafe provided.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank azmidi
Reviewed 6 May 2016

I choose this hotel because its a new hotel, clean and good location. Not that cheap because I have to have family room (with children). The bad thing is that I cannot even sleep on the first night, the air-condition blower is really really really noisy, getting worst during midnight (outside more quiet). Next morning I complained and was given a chance to change to deluxe room next door, and surprisingly the air-condition is still noisy. The staff said that every room had a noisy air-condition, a honest statement. So this issue had to look into if this place to be called a hotel again, or else this is only a rest house. Luckily the next night I had a trip for fishing, do not sleep in the hotel. The third night I had made my mind, no coming back to this hotel (until air-condition system upgraded).

Room tip: Call the hotel to ask about the air-condition system
Date of stay: April 2016