We have just returned from Maafushivaru, and although it rained for the first 4 day's the weather then changed and we had 7 glorious day's. The Beach Villa was very nice, simple but adequate. The outside shower was a bit of a let down, but only because we have stayed in the Maldives before, and some of the outside Bathrooms I would have happily spent the week in. The house reef was lovely, with lots of wonderful Marine life to see. The sister Island was a highlight. We did 2 Discovery Dives, and I have to say, the expertise of the Dive school was second to none. The food, well although the Salads were lovely, the rest of the Menu was very repetitive, and the Fish selection was very poor. The meats and fish were so overcooked you could hardly eat them. Now for the Island and its staff, this is our 7th Visit to the Maldives, this Island is a very special place, and has an amazing atmosphere, one we have never experienced before in the Maldives. We really did feel like we had become part of a big family, all the others guests were lovely. So my summary is this, if you would like to just relax and either be on your own, or in the Bar with like minded people, good snorkeling, lovely swimming pool then this is the Island for you. If you want perfection, excellent food and luxury then this isn't the Island for you...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll