Just returned from Maafushivaru and loved it. We've been to the Maldives before, but first time on this island and it was really wonderful. Food was outstanding, best we've had in the Maldives and drinks were mainly branded and flowed very freely for all inclusive. What really makes this place is the staff, from the maintenance people who work non stop to keep all tidy, to the chefs who are so proud of the food they produce and the waiters who are so polite and well mannered. The room attendant was so professional that we rarely saw him, but the room was very clean and tidy indeed. The bar staff were fab, cocktails were super and the waiters were good fun. The house reef is ok for snorkelling,but not the best we have had. If I had to be negative about anything it would be about the kuoni reps, this island is tiny and these people added nothing to our holiday, local reception staff were more helpful! It did annoy that a part of the cost o f our expensive holiday must have been covering the cost of these reps and they just weren't needed! We will be back to Maafushivaru again and would thoroughly recommend this very cosmopolitan island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll