The most unbelievable, amazing and unforgettable 10 days of my life. From the minute we arrived we were met by the welcoming and friendly staff that have a clear love for the Maldives and Maafushivaru. The reception staff were always happy to help.
We stayed in a beach villa and could not of been happier. The villa was beautiful and it was a lovely surprise to see the islands wildlife right on our doorstep.
The house reef was a fantastic place for snorkelling and I couldn't believe the thousands of colourful fish and corals surrounding me. As well as the many rays and sharks that made various appearances. I was also lucky enough to meet Nemo :)
The snorkelling excursion to see turtles was an unforgettable experience. The staff were extremely helpful and their love and knowledge of the ocean was great to see. The staff went out of their way to get great photographs of the turtles on the trip for us to put on our memory sticks and online which made it even more special. Thank You!
The other trip we went on was the island tour on Dhigura. This was a great experience as we got to see how the locals live and how different their lives are from ours back in England. An eye-opening trip.
We also went on the sunset cruise. We were blessed with great weather and were lucky enough to see dolphins. I have waited 22 years to see dolphins so again, another unforgettable experience.
The dhoni staff were always friendly, polite and happy to help.
The food on maafushivaru was unbelievable. I have never seen so much food in my life! It was difficult to decide what to eat as there was such a wide variety and it was always delicious. The chefs that were in the restaurant were always friendly and extremely proud of their culinary creations!
The bar staff and waiters were all so lovely and friendly! I will never know how they memorise the extensive drinks menu. The cocktails were beautiful and the staff made them exactly how i like them. We wish we could bring all the lovely staff back to England with us as we miss them all so much and they make the island really special :)
The entertainment each night was also fantastic. A great way to meet new people and learn about maldivian culture. My favourite night was the maldivian night, the staff were all fabulous and enthusiastic!
I would like to say a special Thank You to all the bar staff for being so wonderful! You never failed to make me smile. Abdullah for being so happy and taking the time to talk to all the guests... Also his fantastic dancing on maldivian night. The chefs also deserve a huge Thank You for the endless wonderful meals! Making my own pot noodle just isn't the same :(
Thank You everybody at Maafushivsru for making our holiday such a life changing, wonderful experience! We miss you all so much and hope to come back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll