Maldives is great, nice water, lovely weather and by virtue it is a great holiday destination! We aim to go back Maldives soon but will not choose maafushivaru. Service is mediocre, you don't get a sense that they go the extra mile - and we had high hopes of that because of the reviews and because it was a boutique resort. Food got boring by the third day. Besides the mains which has a different theme everyday, the starters and desserts did not vary much,, served in buffet style. As we chose the all inclusive package we had unlimited drinks and the selection and cocktail mix were good. They serve high quality alcohol beverages which we really enjoyed. The massage/spa was reasonably priced and it was a pleasant surprise. However like the guest relations crew, service was mediocre, and definitely not what you find in a luxurious resort.
We were very disappointed by the condition of the water villa - apparently it was renovated three years ago, windows, edges of the doors were rusty. I couldn't open the windows because the rusts hardened the clasps, oh well. Design of the bathroom and cupboards were also dated so I was honestly surprised to hear that it was recently renovated. When we spoke to a couple whom we got to know as they checked in the same day as us, I think they were disappointed by the conditions of the room too.
They had a sister island which is secluded, private and we loved it - and we appreciated that and I don't think a lot of resorts provide that so I definitely recommend making a visit there if you have already booked maafushivaru.
Overall - I will rate it a 3.5 star resort. The view and lovely waters of Maldives makes up for the stay and experience in Maafushivaru. Will be sure to return Maldives and am already planning for my next visit - but also starting to check out other resorts, hopefully to find a nicer and better valued resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll