Having recently been to Maafushivaru thought I would get round to writing a view.
trips ( Whale shark, manta trips a must)
The rooms were nice. Nothing amazing but simple and everything you could want. People rave about the service but it was fine. Nothing great about the bar or food service. The best staff I encountered were on the boat trips who went out of their way to make sure my gf was safe and saw whale sharks and mantas. The other staff I liked was Anna who took time out to not be obtrusive but have a friendly chat and show us round the resort and explain how the staff lived.
Oh and the chef I liked and when he tells you to try his curry dont hesitate. His pumkin curry was amazing. He said it was no. 1 and two helpings late I had to agree and this is someone who normally turns his nose up at vegetarian curries.
The negatives. Not really got any. Loved the all inclusive. The singer they had on Saturday night was great and we stayed until midnight when he finished his set.
Probably try another island next time just to try a different reef more than anything but would defo reccommend to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll