This was our first visit to Maafushivaru (4th time in the Maldives) and we would definitely return to this island.
After lots of research, we picked this island for its' housereef and the opportunity to swim with whale sharks and we were not disappointed.
The housereef is easily accessable and is abundant with a variety of marine life including turtles, sharks and even "Nemo".
The dive centre should be your first point of call to ask the very friendly and knowledgable team regarding access points, current and daily tides etc
We went on several "excursions" run by the resident marine biologist Per and we cannot recommend these highly enough. We swam with whale sharks and manta rays and I cannot express in words how fantastic an experience this was.
My husband also did a night snorkel, which was a new experience for him, but I have to admit, I was a bit of a scaredy cat to try it !
If you are unsure as to whether or not to try these excursions, we found Per to be very approachable and friendly and he was only too happy to share his knowledge and recommendations with you.
The beach villas are a good size, well equipped and extremely comfortable. A visit to reception took care of the mini bar being stocked with our choice of soft drinks.
We were extremely well looked after by Ibrahim without any intrusion whatsoever, a star!
The food was excellent, a good variety. All meals buffet style, unless you request a la carte; we didn't find any need to.
A very good selection of drinks, particularly the cocktail list. I found the red wine to be a better choice than the white.
The library bar is a great place for an after dinner coffee/brandy.........
I have to say, this is without doubt, the most friendly island we've been to. All the staff we encountered were absolutely lovely, they could not have been more helpful, sooooo nice.
I could list every name, but when you stay here, you will see for yourselves.
I really didn't want to leave...........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll