Let me start off by saying that as soon as we were in the hands of Maafushivaru we were impressed. Our experience started in the lounge as we waited for our seaplane flight that would take us to our taste of paradise.. Lounge was comfortable, cool, nicely, simply and tastefully decorated. It is equipped with comfort - clean washrooms, refreshments and wifi.
As soon as we reached the resort, we were in awe. The facility is everything that we expected. We were warmly greeted by the staff and Ron, the resort manager.
Our water villa 216 was as we requested facing the sunset .. Beautiful .. Perfect!
An area for improvement where our room is concerned, they need to make sure that our mini bar us constantly replenished with supplies, fix the cups and saucers and maintain the coffee machine - which we loved by the way..
Our food .. Now let me talk about OUR food. We are vegetarians and on our first day we were disappointed with our options because we specifically gave the resort a heads up that we are food loving vegetarians and will not only survive with salad.. When we had a conversation with the F&B head - Didi, they wasted no time in adjusting and made sure they specifically prepared an Indian vegetarian food for us throughout our stay!! And they did awesome job! Our waiter Hassan made sure we got our smoothies just the way we wanted it at the beginning of all our meals. He was always pleasant and smiling and eagerly serving us.
Our snorkeling experience was also very pleasant and will recommend it to the guests. The boat crew and our snorkel guide tried to maximize all our excursions. The fruits and refreshments on board was also appropriate and timely served. Aslam - who accompanied us was extremely helpful.
Some few customer service tips that they can polish -- need to train staff to replenish towels in the towel station at all times! When asked they should respond that what we are asking for is there (and points somewhere else) instead of walking a few steps to give us what we need. Typically we don't expect that but that kind if service is standard with 5star properties ..
The manager, Ron is great. Always willing to extend assistance and offer options and sincerely tries to go the extra mile!
Overall, it was truly an amazing experience. Not a perfect one BUT they they listen and once feedback is given on the imperfection -- they go above and beyond to make it PERFECT!
Thank you Maafushivaru staff for making our experience special and unforgettable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll