Our 3rd visit to Maafushivaru, and although it's only 4.5 stars, if should be five! It is a friendly, relaxed, peaceful island, where they don't want to keep cleaning your sunglasses! It is clean, well organised, with plenty of reasonably priced trips to take out. Returners have a free candlelit dinner on the beach, and discounts on bottles of wine.The free sunset cruise is always worth a try with sparkling wine to enjoy. There is a small pool, which we never thought we would enjoy, with the Indian ocean close by, but it's good fun, and near the bar! There are always plenty of places to sit, and always a plentiful supply of towels.The sand is soft and immaculate, and a great point is that you can walk all around the island.Food is excellent, and a good variety, with a la carte options and the Tepenyaki restaurant to try. The all inclusive option is very good value, and the bar options very generous.Good cocktails, proprietary brands, and most of the drinks menu is on the all inclusive.Rooms are bright , clean and airy. The sister island is lovely, and must be visited.The reef is easily accessible, but not over exciting these days, as the fish in the Maldives seem to have diminished. There is live music a couple of times a week, which needs to be more often, and a small Maldivian evening with locals showing how they live and work.
The staff are all friendly, relaxed, and cannot do enough for you without being overwhelming.
On Maafushivaru, you can have what you want, when you want and where you want!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll