“Really a 5 star experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Maldives Rangali Island

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rangali Island
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Really a 5 star experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 6 nights for our honeymoon with half the time in the Beach Villa and the rest in Retreat Water Villa. It's really an amazing experience both at Maldives and Conrad.

Service at Conrad is really a 6 star experience. All the staffs are nice and seem to know everything well, from the people at the airport lounge, the island host (Haishal), the front desk .. to the housekeepers (Faiz & Shah) all did an excellent job in taking care of us and making our stay a memorable experience.

The Beach Villa is huge with great outdoor bathroom, however I agree that some parts are showing their ages. The Retreat Water Villa looks even more amazing than it is on the pictures, with the jacuzzi which is perfect to relax, and the location that you can catch both sunrise and sunset. There's also a coffee maker with not 1 but 4 type of coffee capsules inside each house which I extremely like since I'm a coffee lover.

Snorkeling is great with 2 best spots, one on the left side of the water sport center and one near beach villa 220-225. You can also rent a paddle boat (for free), go into the area in front of the water sport center and jump into the middle of the sea for snorkeling there. We are busy all days with snorkeling, kayak, paddle boat & jet ski.

Breakfast & dinner at Atoll are great, with good varieties of different cuisines, and you can order your customized fruit juice during breakfast time. Breakfast at Vilu is not so good, so we did not try dinner there. Instead, the dinners at Sunset Grill are absolutely wonderful. We have dinner there twice, trying different food, and all taste delicious. We especially love the soup there, and it seems that they cook all kind of soup really well. Our favourite is seafood chowder & Maldivian lobster. On a separate note, the F&B Menu price does not seem to be so high compared to many 5 star resorts. However, I have not been to the underwater restaurant, so not sure about it.

So overall, amazing stay, great people, very comfortable rooms, many activities to keep you from the TV & tablet (afternoon tea, live music, water sports ...), beautiful beach, sky and fish, lot of fish, in all size & color. Will be perfect for honeymooners, or simply anyone looking for a relaxing time.

5 Thank Long G
Lyle L, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Long G,

Thank you for your very positive review. We are delighted that you gave us the opportunity to celebrate your wedding with you both.

In regards to your comments regarding the Beach Villas, please note that we are currently refurbishing all Beach Villas and should have the upgrade completed by end of the 1st quarter 2015. I have also noted your views of Vilu breakfast and will address this with the F&B team.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is invaluable to us. Take care and we very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, maybe for your 1st anniversary!!.

Best Regards
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th time to the Maldives, and 4th different hotel

Conrad is not near Male, so a seaplane is needed. The Conrad lounge while waiting is pleasant , and the wait was not long. The seaplane lands in the middle of 2 Conrad atolls. 1 atoll has mainly the beach villas, and the other, mainly water villas. Check-in was ok, and off we went to the beach villa

The beach villa was fine, but showing it's age. The fixtures don't look modern, but they're mostly ok. The aircon is a pain, there are sensors for all doors and if you leave 1mm of any door open , the aircon shuts down. So we spend the day checking doors for cracks each time the aircon goes away

Room service was patchy and the 1st time, couldn't connect to them at all. They apologized and offered free orange juice. Nice gesture, though I don't drink orange juice

Snorkeling by the hotel reef was fine, the best spot is outside beach villa 225. The troublesome thing was that we needed to get the goggles and flippers from dive centre, and the life jacket from sports centre. And return them to the 2 different spots u before checkout. At the sports centre, it's USD150 for a 30min seabob and USD250 for a 45min jet ski. Always come to Maldives and prepared to be fleeced

1 of the main reasons I chose Conrad is the undersea restaurant Ithaa. I chose lunch and it was hot with the sun beating hard on us, and alas, children are allowed so you hear them screaming each time a nice fish swims by. Which is all the time. It's a 4 course lunch and it was pleasant with large portions. if I ever return, it's going to be dinner, where kids are thankfully banned

The Atoll market restaurant is where we have our breakfast and we had a buffet dinner here too. The breakfast is quite blah and the highlights are comb honey, blue cheese and fruits for me. The buffet dinner is more blah and costs USD95 per pax without drinks/water. The only highlights were the steamed lobster and fruits

We had a dinner at the sunset grill and the ambience was good. They have amuse bouche and everything, so pretty fancy. Perhaps I chose the wrong main of chicken, but the chianti marinade was terrible and the chicken breast very dry

Before our last night, we were offered a complimentary upgrade to a water villa. It was much newer than the beach villa, apart from the obvious fact we don't have to walk to snorkel. Unfortunately the porter didn't know any English and made us wait in the hot sun for 25mins outside our villa for the transfer. Pain before bliss I suppose

Overall a very good experience and the Conrad is really just 4 stars with all the blemishes above. But being in Maldives helps it become an overall 5

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bcheong
Lyle L, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear bcheong,

Thank you for posting your impressions of your stay however I am saddened to read that we did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in being one of the highest rating Resorts in the Maldives and regret that we failed to meet your standards on this occasion.

I have taken note of your comments regarding Ithaa restaurant, Atoll Marketplace and In-Vila Dining and work with our Food & Beverage department to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Ahain thank you for your comments. Your feedback is invaluable to us. I very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island so that you can witness the improvements based on your comments.

Alor Setar, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights (1 in Beach Villa and 2 in Water Villa) and it was an unforgettable honeymoon to us. I am pretty much looking forward to my next trip to Conrad Madlvies to relive this experience again and would definitely recommend it to anyone especially honeymooners looking for a nice secluded stay.

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Lyle L, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mei Xuan,

Firstly congratulations on our recent wedding and we are delighted you chose Conrad Maldives Rangali Island for your honeymoon.

We are equally pleased to read your positive comments. Your feedback is important to us and we are thankful for you taking the time to post your impressions.

Again thank you and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Maldive Rangali Island.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was an unforgettable stay for all the good reasons, We stayed there for 5 nights (4 in Beach Villa and 1 in Deluxe Water Villa) as part of our honeymoon trip and I can say this stay was the climax of our trip.

After taking the seaplane which was a very enjoyable experience, we arrived at the island deck to find our island host (Shiraz) waiting for us and all I can say he treated us like kings, he was quite helpful, guiding us to our rooms, helping us in planning activities for our whole stay, making all needed reservations (Spa, restaurants), that is beside the great service throughout the islands.

Since we informed the hotel, they gave us complimentary honeymoon benefits (Fruits and Champagne in room, 100$ credit for any excursion and a romantic dinner for 2 at the Mandhoo Restaurant) which was a very nice gesture from Conrad.

Villas: First 4 nights were in the Beach Villa, it was a very pleasant room, spacious with very comfy beds, has a very nice outdoor bathtub and your private access to the gorgeous beach, we wanted to upgrade to the water villas for the last 2 nights but we only managed to get the last night because of the high occupancy at that time and our host helped us a lot in getting it for this last night even at a discounted rate, the water villa was amazing and it was the best room ever (fully over water and swimming is only a couple of steps down, has a big jaccuzi on deck overlooking the sea with a magnificent views of the sunset, the sound system everywhere even outside on deck) and I definitely recommend the upgrade for anyone who is thinking about it.

Activities: All kinds of water activities are there, you can get a free snorkeling gear and jump in one of coral reef locations they have, or even go diving, I enjoyed a lot playing volleyball on the beach, they have two infinity pools (one on the main island which is sometimes packed with kids and the other one on the quite zone which is pretty much secluded and every time we went there we were alone and it felt like we had our own huge private pool), they have a lot of excursions we liked the island hopping one the most (we got to visit a local village and another private island for a lovely picnic).

Restaurants: We tried both the Atoll and Vilu restaurants for breakfast (It was complimentary for being HHonors Gold) and I liked the Atoll one much better for having a lot of food varieties and tables are all on the sand so it was beautiful sitting there on these beaches having breakfast.
It was pricey otherwise when it came to lunch and dinner so we mainly relied on room service and the Rangali bar with their night programs (especially the Maldivian night which was very enjoyable and fun), they also offer free drinks and snacks on the happy hours in both Vilu and Mandhoo restaurants.
We had the honeymoon dinner in the overwater Restaurant (Mandhoo) which was very good, We wanted to try the famous underwater restaurant (Ithaa) but it had very expensive lunch and dinner options so we opted for the cocktail hour (55$++ per person) and the experience is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying first in the beach villas (Villas with #100 have their almost private beac...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lyle L, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Hossam_Elgeneidy,

Firstly congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for choosing Conrad Maldives Rangali Island as your honeymoon retreat.

Your comments regarding your overall experience and also about the villa types is music to our ears. I am pleased that you liked our Water Villas and yes, they are great for honeymooners.

Thank you posting your review and I very much hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you both back in the near future.

Best Regards

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

WOW is all I can say. The staff is warm, friendly and amazing in their ability to make you feel special and welcome. The rooms are spectacular; the sandy paths throughout that resort are amazing. The food, the amount of sports equipment and things to do is top notch.

I have traveled to over 50 countries and have stayed at very high end places - often seeking the best that a city or island has to offer. So, I feel as though I have much to compare this experience to. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has set a new bar and may just be the nicest hotel in the world.

I opted for a beach villa since I have stayed at an over-the water hut in Bora Bora. The villa was straight out of a magazine with its open air candle-lit bathtub and slick shower. Between the beds and the tub, is your personal water fountain. This fountain lulls you to sleep in your gorgeously comfortable beds.

I can't say enough: we had our own patio and, also, our own beach front location. I'm officially in love. (sigh) I, also, am spoiled for any other place that I ever set foot into again.

2 Thank Nancy R
Dear Nancy R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort.

I am delighted to read your comments as it is feedback such as this that encourages us to constantly strive to improve our guest experience.

Please be assured that I will share your review with all Team Members and I hop that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Take Care and Best Regards

Lyle Lewis, General Manager
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a place. I am unbelievably and unjustifiably blessed to have visited this Conrad 3 times, and am always thinking of how to go back. The term paradise is clearly a cliche and overused, but trust me people.... This is it. Pure and unadulterated. It's not perfect but anything pathetic little nit pick I could mention is not worth it. Ok...let me tell you about the house reef that you step out of your villa and plunge straight into. I get bored easily, have over 150 dives around the world, but this snorkeling experience is straight out of heaven and I snorkeled probably 20 times there and never wanted to get out. It's mind blowingly beautiful and jam packed with a million species of fish, turtles, rays, lobster and sharks (100% harmless) with a drop off wall that plunges over 100 feet down. You don't need to dive but I did... And when I did I saw multiple Manta rays and a massive whale shark in the same day. The food, the atmosphere and the service is truly spectacular. The beaches and crystal clear water are just incredible. I have stayed in 5 star Park Hyatts, Ritz Carltons, St Regis's and JWs. This place is the undisputed heavyweight champion of my hotel world. Don't go changin' Conrad Rangali now... I'm acomin' back whenever I can swing it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
5 Thank andyyacMiami
Lyle L, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear andyyacMiami,

WOW! what a great review. Thank you for your wonderful comments. Please be assured that I will be sharing it with our Team Members for their enjoyment.

We are also very proud of our house reef and of our commitment in protecting it so that it can be enjoyed by our guests.

I promise that we won't change anything but also please promise us that you will return so that we can welcome you back to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.

Regards,
Lyle Lewis, General Manager
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here last March (2014) to use up my Hilton points before they were significantly devalued (it now costs far more points to stay here , and at most if not all other Hilton top end properties then it did a year ago). I was so impressed I may try to find a way to stay here again even if I have to pay. If you are American you are lucky as there are hilton based credit cards that will give you free weekend days - check the Conrad Rangali thread in the Hilton section of Flyertalk.

The house reef is exceptional with so much unspoilt coral; the excellent trips to mantas and whale sharks do not have to go far as the sites are nearby; and eating options are memorable, outstanding and unique (although expensive--but eating at the regular (Rangali) bar is fine, affordable and has good entertainment). But do try at least one of their high end restaurants. I especially liked the Tapas diner in the wine cellar and a special diner they did with a French winery. I had to leave early so missed the underwater restaurant. The rooms are total luxury - even the lowest level one I stayed in. The baby mantas swimming beside the bridge connecting the 2 islands were great nightly entertainment.

If you go become Hilton Gold first (check the Hilton section on Flyertalk for shortcuts to gold status) as there are great benefits in terms of free breakfast, internet and receptions. This saves a lot.

One nice touch was i came to Conrad from Vilamendhoo Island Resort and they arranged with Conrad I could take a boat transfer instead of flying back to Male and then flying Male to Conrad. A bit more expensive at $600, but far more convenient then the double flight and it was nice to arrive at Conrad in style. Also as the price was per boat this would be cheaper than flying if you were 2 or a family. The flight from Conrad back to Male was easy and well organized.

From years of snorkelling in many places around the world I think I have now concluded Indonesia (have done Bunaken Island and Komodo National Park Diving Resort so far), the Maldives and the Australian Great Barrier Reef on a livaboard are the best bets, although I still need to try Fiji and maybe Bonaire fits here too . But so many other well recommended places have been comparative disappointments I think I need to focus on these for the next while and will definitely return to Maldives, and Conrad if I can afford it!

One noteworthy point is I had to return a day early for a family emergency and I was really surprised and touched at how sensitively Conrad dealt with this and helped me out.

My one nit is the lounge chairs in front of your room were not yours and could be taken by anyone. This happened to me once as I guess I had a great beach location-- although it seemed to me all the locations looked pretty good. Annoying , but I did not let it bother me. Although I think worth mentioning.

As a final point, they had some really excellent receptions for Hilton Gold and Diamond members and I met some great people there. A nice touch.

Room Tip: They are all outstanding, even the lowest level one I stayed in, and I have stayed at many luxury ho...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Gordonnomad
Dear Gordonnomad,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review of our Resort.

We are very proud of the many attractions within close proximity of the Resort and I agree, our house reef is an amazing snorkeling experience.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the beach furniture. These are placed there for the use of the Villa guest and I am disappointed to read that you did get to enjoy it on this occasion.

Again, thank you for your comments. Your feedback is valued and I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rangali Island
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,729 reviews
Mirihi Island Resort
Mirihi Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Mirihi

Been to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island? Share your experiences!