Well the reviews below my just about say it all and I completely echo everything they said about The Conrad.
It is the most beautiful place I have ever been and I would go back to The Maldives in a shot, it was perfect for our honeymoon in November.
We stayed for 9 days - 6 in Deluxe Beach Villa & 3 in a Deluxe Water Villa. I had read others reviews before going and saw many recommending Deluxe Beach Villa 230 so put a request in before leaving and on arrival we were allocated the room and I can see why everyone recommended it - the pool is huge and you can easily do laps in it, positioned on a perfect bit of beach, far enough away from any noise but near enough still to everything. We were sad to leave it behind when we left to go to the Water villa but soon forgot once we arrived as again another excellent room and a completely different experience to the Beach villas, if you can’t decide and it is a special holiday or you can afford it I definitely recommend doing both!
I am going to try and not repeat what everyone else has written on here but it is very hard!
So quick rundown –
Wine Cellar dinner – Go, great food, great wine, learning experience and social
Champagne and Lobster night – Romantic, good value, amazing food
Shipwrecked dinner on the beach – Perfect, really romantic, secluded, lots of food – don’t eat in the day! I would say this option is better than the private dining on the beach as you are near the bridge and others, where as for the shipwrecked dinner you are further along and on your own.
Ithaa Cocktails – Worth it to look at the fish and see the restaurant, we didn’t do dinner based on others on here recommendations and don’t feel like we missed anything
Atoll Market – Absolutely fab, you could easily eat in here every night, the choices are huge – Italian, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Maldivian you can choose from many different dishes every night and also request different freshly cooked meals from each of the specialist chefs from their countries.
Vilu Restaurant – Fab views and great food, a little pricey and not an essential meal. Tapas in the bar here is great for mid-afternoon hunger or lunch.
Overall all the food we had was amazing, we did not have one bad meal in our whole time here, I would even go as far to say that each meal was exceptional, therefore I cannot understand why some people have had issues with food on here. I have been lucky enough to eat in some of the most renound and amazing restaurants in the world and I would say The Conrad beat most of them hands down and infact cheaper!
We did not do many excursions because we really didn’t want to leave the island as it was so peaceful, you really don’t get bored in the Maldives. We did the private island trip which was worth the experience and great to do but wasn’t overly fussed. There is as much or as little as you want to do on this island with a choice of water sports, games, pool, trips etc
I visited the normal larger spa and had reki which I can highly recommend, was a lovely experience and the therapists were very clued up, we also did the overwater spa joint couple massage which was amazing especially watching the fish during the massage. Although my only tip is, even if you have regular massages at home and think your by fine with a hard/medium strength massage when asked move it down a notch or two to soft as they were very brutal and I was in more pain than relaxation!
Our island hosts were extremely attentive and are there as much or as little as you need them, they do daily checks to see you have everything you need.
Other quick tips and points
• There are three computers in the library for internet access if you want to grab five mins out the sun and brag to your friends ;) Quite slow connection but hey you’re in the Maldives!
• I would take my own hair dryer even though the one provided was good quality if you’re a girl and you hair requires lots of styling take your own
• Do not bother with shoes – seriously they really are not needed and that is from a very shoe obsessed girl!
• Try the Moonlight swim cocktail in the bar
• Take ALOT of suncream, we normally are fine but really did burn and quickly the sun is strong!
• Look out at sea everyday when you’re lying on the beach for Dolphins as we were lucky enough to have dolphins swimming only just out from the shore on many occasions
So to round it up if your debating going…go and if you are going - you lucky people!!! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barefoot luxury meets unpretentious style at this five star hotel in the Maldives. Home to whale sharks, manta rays, dolphins and turtles, Conrad Maldives is set on two islands and is reached by a 30-minute seaplane flight. Select from 12 restaurants and bars including Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, the Cheese Bar featuring 101 of the world's best cheeses, and an underground Wine Cellar with 20,000 bottles of fine wines. Relax at one of two spas or on the beautiful white sand beaches. Go diving and exploring on the many excursions available, including luxurious sunset cruises, big game fishing expeditions and local island hopping trips. Conrad Maldives is included in Conde Nast Traveler's 2013 Gold List of the Best 100 Hotels in the World and The World's 10 Best Beach Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Conrad Maldives Rangali Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Hotel Rangali Island
- Conrad Rangali Island
- Rangali Island Conrad
- Rangali Island Maldives