I never usually write reviews but I feel I have to tell other people about our awful experience so they don't book this hotel.
We had a 3 hour wait in the airport terminal upon arrival. We were told it was a private transfer but this was not the case it was a scheduled flight.
We then arrived late and in the dark hungry and tired only to be told that our room wasn't ready. We waited 4 hours for a baby cot which we had pre- requested.
The management are really to blame here because the hotel is so badly managed and run. The staff have no service skills at all, they were (apart from a very nice bartender) unhelpful, unacommodating and rude. We were sent away from the main restaurant and refused to be served on more than one occasion. We waited more than 1 hour for coffee in our room because the machine in the room was broken - these are just 2 examples out of many. We spent the whole time there hungry as the food was so bad. Even my children found the food inedible.
We asked for the manager on several occasions but no one ever seemed to be there. We were finally visited by him but it was too late we were having such an awful stay we decided to leave and stay somewhere else (Iru Fushi which was amazing).
We were not alone in our dissatisfaction and everyone we spoke to seemed to be having the same issues with staff, service and food. There was a strange atmosphere that was uncomfortable and we just felt completely unwelcome.
It's a good job that the Maldives has so much natural beauty because that is the only good thing about this hotel.
They ruined our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind, Relax and celebrate Life. Redefined, refurbished and recognized as KIHAAD Maldives, nestled on its own 600 meters long, coconut-shaped island, complete with lush green vegetation, long white soft beaches and an adjacent house reef. Whilst the resort offers 124 spacious, private villas and whole range of classic and natural facilities, majority of the island has still been left in its pristine natural state and is a true barefoot Paradise! No News- No Shoes! KIHAAD - named traditionally in local Dhivehi language as `young coconut island` with a beach length of some 1,200 meters around the Island, is a haven of peace, tranquility and serenity. Proudly nestled within the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, the entire Island and lagoon is the exclusive and private domain of our guests set just across the Hanifaru Bay which is a world renowned Marine Protected Area (MPA) announced by UNESCO, where whale sharks and manta rays meet seasonally and many turtles can be watched along with the delicate coral life. Just like UNESCO, the philosophy of KIHAAD is to focus on the preservation of marine life and local lifestyle, traditional ways and customs of serving and living together. That is why we are the first 'Reserve' island in the Maldives. Guests may fly-in by a scenic Domestic 25-minute flight from the Domestic Airport at Male', the capital of the Maldives to Dharavandhoo Domestic Airport, the closest airport in the area which only 5-minute speedboat to the island of KIHAAD. Relax in our K Spa with Holistic Asian treatments or go for barefoot walks on the long soft beached that stretch out around the entire island. Join us for a lobster Beach BBQ or stargaze the clear night skies on the jetty. Paradise awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kihaad Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gioia Resort Valtur Kihaad Hotel Baa Atoll
- Kihaad Maldives Baa Atoll