Simply put the Dusit Thani represents that rare combination of exceptional service, luxury amenity for a price that, in our opinion, cannot be matched anywhere in the Maldives.
We have just spent an extraordinary week at the Dusit Thani, where we stayed in a beach villa. Having stayed at an over water resort in the Hilton Iru Fushi resort previously, we considered upgrading when we first arrived. This was entirely unnecessary given the size, comfort and privacy afforded by our villa.
Despite having only recently opened, the service standards at this resort were noticeable higher than at other properties (the Conrad and Hilton Iru Fushi). This was especially evident at the thai restaurant - Benjarong. We ate at the Benjarong 5 nights out of 7. Having eaten at Nahm in London, Sailor's Thai in Sydney and several exceptional thai restaurants in Melbourne, the offerings at Benjarong were world class.
The house reef is stunning and realistically there is little need to venture further. For divers, the dive centre offers a complete suite of diving trips to local sites. Out of my four dives, I was lucky to spot stingray, nudibranches, napoleon wrasses and several reef sharks.
The Spa has opened and treatments are now offered in the purpose built "treetop" rooms. Again the level of service was top-notch.
Increasingly the best resorts are defined not by their ability to provide a generic 5 star experience, but rather their willingness to cater to the specific whims of their guests. This capacity to provide a "bespoke" experience is what separated the Dusit Thani from previous resorts we have stayed at in the Maldives - the Hilton Iru Fushi and to a lesser extent the Conrad. To provide some examples of this - I requested sliced mango on the first day at breakfast. Every morning thereafter sliced mango arrived without request. Similarly, we found the cocktails somewhat watered down on our first day. Thereafter all cocktails were fortified according to our taste. We wanted to try thai cooking and despite not offering this, the resort was able to put together a 2 hr cooking class for us at short notice.
The resort was nearly empty when we visited, enhancing our sense of privacy. Despite the Maldives' reputation as a high cost destination, I believe this resort offers substantial value, when compared to other similar properties. I have no hesitation recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Maldives blends graceful Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of the Maldives. This luxury resort is encircled by white sandy beaches and a mesmerizing turquoise lagoon. You can spend your days just relaxing and taking in the breathtaking scenery, or dive into the crystal clear water and explore the underwater world. The resort has a spectacular 360 degree living house reef and is located in the first ever UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives. To top it off, Dusit Thani Maldives is also the first and only resort in the Maldives with an official Freediving Centre. For those who have an extraordinary taste for life can enjoy our world class restaurants with award winning chefs on the island. Even though each restaurant is equally mouth-watering, our signature Thai inspired restaurant - Benjarong, is the crown jewel of the property. Revitalize your body and mind by reveling in Devarana Spa's impeccable facilities. The spa encompasses six deluxe treatment pods which sit elevated amongst the island's palm trees. This haven of luxury offers a selection of Thai Inspired facial and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dusit Thani Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Maldives Hotel Baa Atoll
- Dusit Thani Maldives Baa Atoll