We spent 5 days at the resort and were impressed with many aspects of the resort. Everything was really efficient and well-organised, from the domestic flight-cum-speedboat transfers, luggage transport to the change of villas(we stayed 2 nights at a Water Villa and 2 nights at an Ocean Villa). Our bicycles were taken twice by other guests and both times, the staff were highly efficient and delivered replacement bicycles to us really quickly. We had an issue with the TV/internet not working during our stay, which was resolved. Other then that, everything else went really smoothly and the staff in the restaurants and bars that we frequented were really warm and friendly. There were also distinctive elements of the Thai culture embedded in the hotel, like lemon-grass scented cold towels.
All the staff were very professional and highly customer-focused and tried really hard to ensure customer satisfaction. Upon our return home, we received an email with a debrief of the minor issues we experienced, which our butler took note of, and what actions they are taking. We've stayed in many 5-star international hotel chains throughout our various travels, and have never experienced a hotel that takes the customer experience and feedback so sincerely and seriously.
We also really enjoyed exploring the resort grounds because it's kept pristine yet natural at the same time. It didn't feel artificial or overly landscaped, and that makes it very charming. The buffet restaurant also has good variety and the food is of relatively good standards as well. Though we ate there daily, we didn't feel bored.
My main gripe is not with the hotel, but with the domestic flight operator. The schedules are only known the evening before the flight, and are not very regular. We had to wait about 4.5 hrs at the International airport to catch our return flight home. During that time, the Dusit Thani service staff was very helpful and friendly and brought us into the lounge to wait. However, it is such a waste of time and money to spend half a day at the airport instead of spending it at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Maldives blends graceful Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of the Maldives. This luxury resort is encircled by white sandy beaches and a mesmerizing turquoise lagoon. You can spend your days just relaxing and taking in the breathtaking scenery, or dive into the crystal clear water and explore the underwater world. The resort has a spectacular 360 degree living house reef and is located in the first ever UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives. To top it off, Dusit Thani Maldives is also the first and only resort in the Maldives with an official Freediving Centre. For those who have an extraordinary taste for life can enjoy our world class restaurants with award winning chefs on the island. Even though each restaurant is equally mouth-watering, our signature Thai inspired restaurant - Benjarong, is the crown jewel of the property. Revitalize your body and mind by reveling in Devarana Spa's impeccable facilities. The spa encompasses six deluxe treatment pods which sit elevated amongst the island's palm trees. This haven of luxury offers a selection of Thai Inspired facial and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Dusit Thani Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Maldives Hotel Baa Atoll
- Dusit Thani Maldives Baa Atoll