“Fantastic!”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Baa Atoll
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I stayed 5 nights all inclusive in water villa 202 with an amazing view of the neighbouring islands and the sunset. From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't have been more friendly or efficient, the selection of food was fantastic with multiple options every day. Our villa was spotless on arrival and kept immaculate during our stay with staff that were never seen or heard, the staff in the bars and restaurants were the opposite, always eager to please and fantastic service, remembering your drinks or favourite table. One of the many highlights is watching the sting rays that gather every evening for feeding, the beach, amazing sunsets, and overall cleanliness. So good that on our return home to Dubai we started looking at booking for December!

Room Tip: Water villas 201 - 206 for great sunsets
2 Thank Orla R
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Orla R,

Thank you very much for your excellent review! We will ensure that your comments about the staff are passed on and we would feel honored to welcome you again on Reethi Beach in the future.

Reethi Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here from 23rd May onwards for 2 weeks. I can't underestimate how fabulous our stay here was. We were so well looked after. Janurka and Raul were a few of the staff that made us feel so welcome. The food was excellent.

The no shoes, just chill approach was enlightening and very appreciated.

We stayed in one of the water bungalows and watching sunrise in the mornings and was stunning. In the evenings a short walk to sunset bar and watch the sun go down. You just can't beat it.

I will say we were glad we took a torch, was needed in the evenings. We were glad that we went all inclusive, it's not a cheap place to eat and drink etc.

This is a no moaning review. If you want a fabulous holiday, with idyllic views and fantastic staff this is the place for you!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gillian V
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Gillian V,

thank you very much for your kind review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us thoroughly.
We will certainly pass on your comments about the service team, especially to Rahul and Janaka.
We would be delighted to have the chance to welcome you again on our island in the near future!

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had decided not to write a review as I didn't want to repeat what others have already said. However, having seen a couple of negative reviews, I thought I would put in my 2 pence worth after all!

I was on holiday at Reethi Beach for 3 weeks in March/April this year. This was my 2nd visit, and I travelled alone for the first week until my friend joined me. This was my first time going solo and I was very apprehensive. However, I had no reason to be. I found everyone to be extremely welcoming and friendly. The guest relation and reservation staff were beyond helpful. The restaurant and bar staff were polite, friendly and good fun. The bar guys remember what you like to drink, and after a few days I don't think I even had to order, drinks just arrived!!!

I stayed in a standard beach villa which was perfect for me, I like being right on the beach so would never opt for a water villa. The room was kept spotlessly clean everyday by the housekeeping staff. There are so many staff and different departments at Reethi that I couldn't possibly mention them all. Let's just say it runs like a well oiled machine, and every single member of staff I encountered was friendly and polite.

I chose half board for the 1st week, and then went all inclusive for the following 2 weeks. Next time I will probably choose the half board option for the whole holiday. I found that I didn't really need lunch most days, and although I like quite a few drinks in the evening, I think it would still work out cheaper to go half board. I had all my meals in the main restaurant. I thought the food was fab, I'm vegetarian and there was abundant choice every mealtime.

Dive School - my main reason for writing this review
Run by Sea Explorers, I found the entire school and staff extremely professional, friendly and well run. I was an inexperienced diver, and had not been diving for 6 years after a bad diving experience at a different resort. The staff were so encouraging and patient with me. I was buddied up with a Divemaster who became my own personal dive buddy for the whole holiday. I felt that I was in such safe hands, that after getting over my initial fears I then went on to dive almost everyday.
Yes, they are a business, and of course they need to make money, but they always seemed more concerned that I had a good time and good diving experience, rather than just trying to make money out of me. They were always on hand to offer tips and advice, and to help out with equipment etc. Nothing was too much trouble. I cannot sing their praises highly enough, in fact, I was so inspired by their love of the ocean and love of diving, that I have continued to dive since returning home.

Finally a note about money. Yes the Maldives is expensive, hotels, food, drink, diving, none of it comes cheap. However, I would tentatively suggest that anyone who goes to the Maldives and is shocked by the costs has perhaps not done their research, and may well be suited to a different destination. That said, I think Reethi Beach is one of the more reasonably priced resorts.

In short, this was the best holiday of my life, no exaggeration. I made some fantastic friends and I'm already making plans to return next year, might try and do 4 weeks next time.

If you're thinking of booking, don't hesitate, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank HunnyBeaBeas
Dear HunnyBeaBeas,

thank you very much for your superb review!
It has been a pleasure having you with us again this year and hope your plans work out for your next visit as well!

Sunny regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I want to start by saying my trip here was last year it was for my honeymoon we stayed for 7 nights we are from England so I don't know wether we just had high expectations although we have travelled quite a lot and never been disappointed before.
The island
The island is beautiful and I could not fault it when we woke up in the morning there were always people maintaining the gardens and it really was so beautiful the beach was perfect white sands and clear sea although I'm pretty sure this would be the same in any Maldives Island it was very quite so you almost felt like you were the only ones there.
The entertainment
If your looking for somewhere with entertainment this is not your place as entertainment is non existing there was only 2 nights with entertainment one was a disco with people who looked like they had been supplied a little more then alcohol and one was a quiz which would have been more lively if it was run in a care home. Me and my husband both found this trip incredibly boring and couldn't wait to leave although the snorkelling was brilliant if you are into that type of thing.
The food
Well this is where I think this hotel lacks the most not only was the food horrible but it made both me and my husband sick in fact my husband was so ill we had to be seen by the doctor who didn't seem to actually care that my husband was doubled over in pain but more interested in telling us it wasn't the food which it clearly was. This sickness absolutely ruined our honeymoon we went onto Dubai after and the sickness stayed. We were given compensation for our illness but it doesn't change that time that was meant to be a special time was ruined.
I always go on trip advisor and picked this resort based on its reviews maybe most of the reviewers are German as it's a German run hotel and perhaps the food is better suited to their pallet. However even the service in this place was not up to scratch when we told the waiters we had been ill as we did not go to meals for 2 days we just stayed in our room in to much pain to go out they did not offer us anything to say sorry not even an apology again not wanting to take responsibility.
I do not rate this hotel and I cannot change my experience but I can advise you to not go there both my sister and brother in law both got married around the same time and both went to the Maldives and both loved where they went it felt such a gutting choice I wish I would have had some warning about what to expect.
Also we travelled in July2013 and the wether was not great

Room Tip: We stayed in the water villas if your going I would advise this as you may spend a lot more time if...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Claire A
Dear Claire,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback.

Though your stay with us has been last year already, we can assure that your husband’s sickness was an isolated case. We can therefore exclude food being the cause of it as we maintain very high standards of hygiene and the quality of food we serve.

We are sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us to the fullest despite your positive comments on the Water Villas, but hope to have the chance to welcome you again on our island.

Peter Gremes
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Poor guest relations and overall guest satisfaction are of no interest to the staff here. First, a message to newlyweds: bring your marriage documents. The hotel staff will doubt your status on arrival (this set the tone of the stay there). Secondly; if you are interested in water sports, I recommend finding another resort. The dive shop here is staffed by incompetent people that could care less about making your vacation an enjoyable experience.
If you are without deep pockets, do your research before booking your trip to the Maldives. I found it curious why there aren't many reviews and or information on how extremely expensive the Maldives can be. In order to take a short boat ride off this island resort (In the Maldives, there are typically only one resort per island) for surfing a cloud break or dive a nearby island, sightseeing, etc., you have no choice, but to choose the resort's excursion tours or rent a speedboat for AT LEAST $250USD per hour. So, unless you take a group trip, a simple private surf session or snorkeling trip will set you back about $1,000.00USD.
I also am dumfounded by the cleansing of local culture from my resort. There were no activities or themed events to immerse the guest in the local culture. Additionally, by not allowing the locals to participate in the Maldivian tourism industry by providing a cheaper alternative to island hopping, etc. there is no real interaction with the country and its culture as you are a stuck on an island run by a foreign country. Locals are forbidden to dock at the resorts. I live in Thailand and have a place in the Philippines where there are plenty of water taxis for a few dollars. It is easy to budget excursions, interact with the local and culture and will support the local economy, not just the foreign corporations running the resorts. The tax is filtered so much it barely reaches the needs of the islands.
Be prepared to spend over $5.00 + 10% service charge on soda and about the same for water. It is very expensive and not worth more than a few days. All island reef is bleached-out, and you will need to take an excursion off the atoll to visit other, more healthy and colorful reef. Another surprise was the $850.00USD seaplane required to fly 25 minutes to the island. Next time I visit, I will take a ferry to one of the similar atolls near Male International Airport for $6.00USD and get picked-up by a resort for a few dollars more. Same ocean, clean and friendly, with affordable excursions. In my opinion, unless you are looking for a quiet, uneventful experience and have deep pockets, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do your research before visiting the Maldives. Each island has a different vibe and or assortment of...
7 Thank SeaducedByTheSea
Dear SeaducedByTheSea,

thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as memorable as you expected.
The Maldives has very little apart from Fish and Coconut products to export and only a few islands have recently started agricultural projects. Everything else, starting from eggs over vegetables, meat and dairy products has to be imported from various parts of this world and due to the logistic efforts finally arrives here at higher prices than on a mainland which may explain the prices set on resort islands.
As for the Dive Center, we will ensure that your comments are passed on. It was unfortunate that your stay with us was rather short and you were not able to participate and experience what the resort offers on the side of local attractions such as our weekly Bodu Beru, performed by members of the staff of Reethi Beach.
We hope to have the opportunity again to welcome you in the future to show that we are taking every comment into consideration and improve on our services.

Giv'atayim, Israel
Reviewed 29 June 2014

we went there for our honeymoon
took the all inclusive water villa
it was perfect, great service, great food and an amazing location
recommended!!
the coconut spa is so pampering and professional
dont forget to bring snorkel and an underwater camera

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chen_magal
Dear Chen_Magal,

thank you very much for your great review! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay on our island and hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Sunny regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I ventured off the beaten track, which for us is the Pacific, and went to the Maldives for a mid year break. Great choice and choosing Reethi was a stroke of genius on the part of my wife.
The accommodation is low level, low key and just lovely. We split our time between a beach villa and a water villa and thoroughly enjoyed both. The best thing about our beach villa was it's proximity to probably the best bar-man in the whole Indian Ocean, Mohamed, and his domain 'The Sunset Bar'. Great drinks, great stories, great fun and a truly great guy.

The food is terrific with 4 good restaurants to choose from. We spent most evenings at the Reethi Grill where my love of Indian style cuisine was beautifully catered for. The chefs in the kitchen are really first class and prepared a great variety of both western and central Asian food. Look out for the two young gentleman who run the restaurant at dinner, Aminal and Islam.
If they recommend something, go with it, you will not be disappointed.

From a price point. The food and drinks were the same as living in Sydney (AUS) so all you Aussie's out there need not be fussed that the holiday will send you broke.

In short. If you like laid back, friendly, relaxing fun. Book a spot and run don't walk to Reethi.
A First class holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms 118-130 on the beach Water Villas 218 to 230- drop down behind a rock wall and into the sea...
5 Thank Alex R
ReethiBeach, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Alex,

thank you very much for this excellent review! We are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the island especially the Grill Restaurant. We will make sure your positive comments about the Chefs and Service Team will be passed on and we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to welcome you again on our island in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baa Atoll
Komandoo Maldives Island Resort
Dusit Thani Maldives
Dusit Thani Maldives
#4 of 13 in Baa Atoll

Been to Reethi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!