“Euro Divers Eriyadu”

Barry, South Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Euro Divers Eriyadu”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thorsten, Carmen, Guido, Saeed and with the help of Rameez, run a great dive centre. I have been diving in the Maldives for 20 years and they are up there with some of the other Euro Divers staff that I have had the pleasure of diving with.
As an instructor myself, I can appreciate how difficult some customers can be, but safety always comes first and no matter what the team go about their business with professionalism and an abundance of enthusiasm. Every morning, you get a great welcome and the enthusiasm rubs off on everyone. On a dive they will ensure that everyone sees that little something that can easily be missed - the Ghost pipe fish, Leaf fish, the cleaner shrimp,that baby white tip under a coral block.
They also take trips out snorkelling to some of the dive sites where Manta can generally be found. In fact when I was there in March, the snorkelers saw Manta than I did.

The House Reef on Eriyadu is one of the best I have experienced in the Maldives, all entry and exit points are buoyed so even at depth, you know you have reached one.
Some say that there should be a boat service to take you from the dive centre to the edge of the reef. I say that if you need a boat to take you out 30m, stay at home and snorkel in your local swimming pool!!!!

............and don't forget to ask about the resident Frog Fish

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Diver739

Calgary, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very professional operation”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have been diving for over 30 years and appreciated the very professional way that Thorsten, Saeed, Carmen and Guido run this dive center. I don't remember the names of the rest of the excellent staff - the rest of the guys that moved gear boxes back and forth from the boats, the boat crews that assisted with gear, the boat captains and the compressor crew. All of them contributed to a great dive experience for me. Right from the open water check-out dive, orientation to the dive center (even including a tour of the spotless compressor room) to the dive boats, I was impressed with the operation. I did 11 dives and enjoyed all of the sites. There was always a thorough dive site briefing for each dive. I was diving on my own and preferred the easier pace of the dives on the All Level boats. The crew was always able to match me up with a compatible dive buddy. The house reef is also very good and lots of divers were diving the house reef regularly. I snorkeled the reef many times and on one particular session, in one hour I watched 2 octopus out swimming, watched them hide in rocks and then a nurse shark came by to check out the hiding octos, a black tip reef shark came by later and a hawksbill turtle passed through. Plus the huge diversity of fish. Can't beat that - and this was on the house reef! The diving is expensive - compared to other parts of the world that I have visited - but I thoroughly enjoyed my diving at Eriyadu with Euro Divers. I had not purchased a dive package in advance of my trip since I was unsure how things would play out. As it turned out, I just did all the dives that I wanted to do and the staff figured out the best rate for me, given the packages that they offer. This worked out well. I was sad to leave Eriyadu - I wish that I could have stayed longer than 7 nights.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Cathy P
Geneva, Switzerland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Only reason to stay at Eriyadu!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

It was my first diving experience (I did my Open Water Course) but I was quite impressed with the center, the instruction, the variety of dives, and how friendly and helpful everyone in the dive center was. I got one-on-one instruction and as a beginner this was well worth the money. I would highly recommend it to anyone learning to dive but also looking for a diving holiday (the resort is basic and the resort staff rather incompetent but if you are willing to put up with that and focus on the diving and snorkeling then you won't regret coming here!)

Visited February 2014
2 Thank mjlothar
London, United Kingdom
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Best dives and great staff”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Wow what an experince to dive at some of the truly amazing dive sites. The dive centre is run very well with all staff friendly and genuine to ensure you have a memorable diving experience. Starts off with a free check dive and gets better. Luka, Thorsen and Carmen are good. The boot captain was a bit lunatic who tried to flirt with my wife who was on the boat and not diving. Not funny. Dives at Finger point was experience of a life time. Strong currents, sharks about 7-8 feet whizzing about in numbers and eagle rays in groups of 25-30 was just amazing. Thank you guys.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank SalimM
Berkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fab, patient and knowledgable crew”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just returned from Eriyadu Resort Maldives and we only made the one dive (Madigaa reef). We are PADI open water and only dive on holiday so I'm not a good diver, as in hate getting under the water but fine when under and love what I see. Peter was fabulous with me on our orientation dive and on our open water dive, he really looked after me and we had a great relaxed dive once under the water! Good kit and sensible pricing. Great system and the kit is allocated to you until the day you leave. The bill is prepared for your final day and gives you the opportunity to reduce the cost over the number of dives you fit in. When diving the reef you can even leave your kit at selected points on the island and it is collected and taken back to the dive centre for you, also your kit is loaded onto the boat ready for you too. FANTASTIC service. The whole team were full of smiles, guess that is a dream job for many, so who wouldn't smile.
Sharon & Paul