La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Armonk
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Very Pleasant”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

On the way home from NY, we booked a night at La Quinta in Armonk. Having grown up in Westchester county and actually living in Armonk for a few years I knew of this chain and I was very happy it was located near the Westchester Cty Airport where I would be leaving from the following day on my way back to Florida. The staff was very pleasant, the bed was comfortable and very much appreciated after a long day visiting friends and seeing Manhattan, and I would definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a copy of my letter of complaint to La Quinta Corporate offices.

LQ Management LLC
Guest Assistance Dept
909 Hidden Ridge Suite 600
Irving, TX 75038

Re: Confirmation # 7704183720 (per email from LaQuinta after making reservations)
Or Confirmation # 3164416308 (per desk clerk at La Quinta in Armonk NY)

Dear Sir or Madam,

My husband and I had the occasion recently to stay at your facility in Armonk, NY, from October 16 through the 20th, 2013. I originally called to reserve accommodations on June 19, 2013. At that time I spoke with Rachel at the hotel and asked for a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower. I asked if there was a shower bench mounted on the wall and if not, did they have a free standing shower CHAIR that I could use. I was assured by Rachael that there was a room with a roll in shower and that a shower CHAIR was available to use. I booked the room at that time. On October 13th, I called the hotel again just to be sure they had my reservation. I spoke with Rosie and gave her the confirmation number of #7704183720. She couldn’t find my reservation. After about 20 minutes she found my reservation under another number, # 3164416308. She assured me the room with the roll in shower was reserved, with a shower CHAIR available.

Imagine my dismay upon check in and entering the room. The bathroom did not have a roll in shower, but a bathtub! I use a wheelchair, cannot stand due to a muscle disorder, and need a room with a proper roll in shower. A flimsy, rickety, shower BENCH was placed outside the bathroom. It would not sit safely in the bathtub, a true safety issue, making the bathtub unusable. At this time, we went to the front desk. The male clerk on duty was busy checking in someone else. After they finished asking multiple directions and the clerk took what appeared to be a personal phone call, we asked about the room originally reserved. At this time we were told there was no room like that in the hotel. Obviously, I was and still am angry and frustrated that I was lied to just to book a room. At least twice during our stay we attempted to speak to the manager there, Doug Dellipaoli, but we were brushed off, being told he was busy or not there. We continued with our reservation at the hotel, checked out with a $500.00 bill for a room that was virtually unusable for me.

In conclusion, I will never stay at a LaQuinta again, as I do believe that lying to customers is part of the corporate philosophy. I would suggest that if this is an unusual occurrence, perhaps an error on the part of the staff, that your corporate managers retrain each and every staff member and visually show them what rooms with a roll in shower looks like. It is not a bathtub, or a walk in shower with a lip to step over. Change your training manual to include sensitivity to disabled customers’ requests and needs. Remember, our money is the same as an able bodied customer’s. It sickens me to think that I am not the only guest who has been taken advantage of.

I’d like to ask for a refund to my credit card, but I’m sure that would never be approved by your corporate management.

One consolation, the cleaning staff, the employees that barely make minimum wage, kept the facility very clean, they should be commended.

Incidentially, I’m posting this letter publicly, where many potential customers can view it.

Very truly yours,

Room Tip: Spend some more money and go somewhere else in Westchester County NY.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Armonk hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

LaQuinta Inn - Armonk Ny 10/16-20/2013 We made our reservations in June as we had a family party to attend in the area. I requested a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower and twice was assured this type of room was available.When we checked in we were given a room with a bathtub which was fine for my husband, but I can't use a tub as I use a wheelchair. I NEED a roll in shower. Other hotel chains honor this request,but the clerk on duty the day we checked in said they didn't have that type of room. I was never able to speak with the manager, as he was busy or not there. On the upside, the room was clean and the bed comfortable, but the building is old. The location is good for anything in lower Westchester Co. which is probably why everyone working at the hotel has a "take it or leave it" attitude. The breakfast bar was awful, too. Spend a little more money and stay at a better place.

Armont, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Dirty filthy bathroom. Dirty filthy room. Dirty towels on floor in Bathroom. Garbage bags full of "garbage" on floor. It looked like the rrom was used for a staff lunch break. AND...No elevator! (Seriously! It's 2013. ) One and done! Never again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Lady Lake, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013

quaint hotel not to far from small downtown area, close to highways. nice breakfast buffet. king size bed room wasnt available, settled for dbl beds, adjusted price for the wait and acceptance of dbl bedroom. very friendly

Armonk, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

hallways are dirty and there is no elevator to your room...also very unfriendly when you check inhallways are dirty and there is no elevator to your room...also very unfriendly when you check inhallways are dirty and there is no elevator to your room...also very unfriendly when you check inhallways are dirty and there is no elevator to your room...also very unfriendly when you check in

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is clean and will suffice your needs. Breakfast is nice, but the rooms are old and outdated. Our bed was very lumpy and old, can tell the mattress has been used for far too long. If this was at a price of around sixty, I would say yeah, you get what you pay for. Around one hundred, way too much, need improvements if they are going to charge that much.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Armonk
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt? Share your experiences!