Good if all you want to do is binge on alcohol and party. Disappointing from a service perspective - rooms cleaned only after 15h00; new towels delivered only at 16h00; left a note for being charged for coffee consumption, even though not consumed after day of arrival (and only ONE was consumed ON DAY OF ARRIVAL, not 2 as was being charged for 3 days after arrival); the entire pool-area, main restaurant and hotel-room is engulfed in pounding nightclub-like music until way past 11pm every night, beginning at approximately 11am (which is sometimes accompanied by some local shows / dances around 9pm - which were good - but if you're a non-smoker, sitting around engulfed in second-hand cigarette-smoke isn't the greatest of atmospheres); the quality of food is terrible, with hardly any local representation of authentic Mauritian cuisine (walking to the town of Belle Mare just a very short distance away, one can buy the most delicious roti rolls with either veg or non-veg fillings, at a minimal cost of between 10-25 rupees); day before check-out, received a proforma bill, indicating "room charges" to a total of approximately 500 rupees on each room - sorted out & cancelled only upon having to query; was brought a soda during dinner-time, with a dead cockroach pasted on the glass; on a different night during dinner, there was a huge cockroach (alive) on the restaurant floor next to our feet during our entire meal (upon pointing this out, was told that "it is a tropical country & that we can change our seats if i am frightened" & the cockroach was just left there... It's not a matter of being 'frightened', but a MERE matter of HYGIENE; i also do not dispute the fact that it is a tropical country & therefore had no issue with the multitude of ants & other insects walking on the tables, etc while eating - but cockroaches pose health issues in a restaurant-environment specifically)... Overall, a poor hotel experience, with best times being spent having explored locally on our own... One can also walk to the local village of Palmar if one turns left after exiting the hotel - this provides an authentic reflection of Mauritian life... Also note that toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner & lotion is not provided (ONE small hotel-soap was provided for the duration of our 7 night stay there; & liquid shower-gel in the dispenser, which was not replenished upon it being finished). the staff were all friendly even if service & sincere professionalism were not up to standard. Palmar Veranda is great for those whose main aim is to eat & drink all they can & party..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE JOY OF SEASIDE LIVING Limpid blue waters, white sandy beaches, shady filao trees… what more could you want? Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel, on the superb east coast boasts one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. The seaside hotel offers the whole gamut of delights that the ocean and the beach guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Veranda Palmar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel Belle Mare
- Veranda Palmar Beach Mauritius/Belle Mare