We really enjoyed our time at this hotel. The beach and lagoon were full of shells and fish. Nightly entertainment was a nice touch - especially the band singing Neil Diamond songs! The room was very comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children. Towel animals were a big hit with the kids. The hotel is a nice small size so if you stay for a week, you get to know the staff and feel very much at home. Feels more like a friend's comfortable beach house than a hotel. We took the suggestion of another reviewer and did a day trip to the waterfall, snorkelling and grilled lobster lunch on the beach. Best day of our trip!
We typically do not choose all inclusive resorts because I do not like to be limited re food choices - but we were pleased with the healthy food options available: grilled fish, steamed rice and salad every night. A perfect end to a sunny, relaxing day!
There really is not a fitness facility here. 2 pieces of old equipment in a very hot room. For exercise, you are better off going for a run on the beach in the cool evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE JOY OF SEASIDE LIVING Limpid blue waters, white sandy beaches, shady filao trees… what more could you want? Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel, on the superb east coast boasts one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. The seaside hotel offers the whole gamut of delights that the ocean and the beach guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Veranda Palmar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel Belle Mare
- Veranda Palmar Beach Mauritius/Belle Mare