We spent 10 nights at long beach from 5-15 December 2012. Don't let the bad reviews put you off as this is a great hotel. As an ex hotelier I have stayed in hotels all over the world and Long Beach is one of my favourite hotels. We had an amazing time.
Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted at the main entrance by Anabelle who checked us in (whilst we enjoyed a non alcoholic cocktail)and gave us a full briefing of our all inclusive package the location of the restaurants, and the hotel facitities- all in all the check in was smooth and effortless.
Anabelle showed us to our room (127 )which was beautiful, spacious, clean and a short walk from the beach. The luggage arrived promptly just as Anabelle had competed the information about the in room facilities. The bedroom was clean and serviced twice per day with towels and amenities being replaced daily.
We spent most of our days enjoying the beach and were well looked after by Jeson & his colleague Ashraf (?) the beach was quiet and clean.
We had an opportunity to sample all the restaurants which were all Outstanding. Our favourite being the Japanese Hasu- we were well looked after by Sheronne. The service in all the restaurants was excellent , staff were attentive and friendly. ( we noticed that the hotel was busier at the weekend and service not quite as slick - possibly because we were spoilt with exceptional service during the week)
Le marche is buffet dining which was good, however I would suggest that items containing nuts are clearly marked as my husband has a nut allergy and was caught out one evening & had a mild reaction to something he had eaten ( we think it was a bread roll)
The staff at shores bar were great ven and louanne knew our drinks preference within a couple of visits and drinks were replenished without having to ask or wait . The nightly entertainment was very appropriate and enjoyable.
Although not all drinks and food was in the all inclusive package there was still plenty of choice of drinks, food and mini bar items that were included in the all inclusive deal.
We had a couple of treatments in the spa which was lovely, I was lucky to have Marion look after me both times and she was courteous and a great masseuse. Faisal at the sports centre was also very helpful. We also enjoyed a game of golf at Le Touessrok which was amazing, the courtesy transferr and the fact that we only paid for golf cart hire was an added value to our holiday.
We had an amazing time at Long Beach, and would like to thank Nicholas and his team for a truly wonderful holiday.
Best reagrds to you all for 2013
Ceri & Huw Roberts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare